Next week's Best Buy advertisement! 2/22-2/28

Togepy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Best Buy

PS2

MX Unleashed, Pitfall: The Lost Expedition, Rise to Honor, Winning Eleven 7- $40
Free $10 Gift Card when you buy MX Unleashed or Pitfall: The Lost Expedition for PS2 or Xbox.
Baldurs Gate 2- $40, Save $5 on select CDs with purchase. :?
True Crime, Secret Weapons Over Normandy- $38
AirForce Delta Strike, Splinter Cell- $30
Tenchu Wrath of Heaven- $20
Free Winter Jampack 2003 when you buy a PS2 system.

Xbox

MX Unleashed, Pitfall: The Lost Expedition- $40
Free $10 Gift Card when you buy MX Unleashed or Pitfall: The Lost Expedition for PS2 or Xbox.
Baldurs Gate 2- $40, Save $5 on select CDs with purchase. :?
Ninja Gaiden- $50, "Available Thursday" (Was actually delayed to March 4th)
GTA Double Pack, Tony Hawk's Underground- $38
Midnight Club II, Max Payne 2- $30
Return to Castle Wolfenstein- $20

PC

Unreal II- $15
Free Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo Disc with purchase of any PC game $15 and up. (rings up for a penny?)
Save $5 instantly when you buy 2 EA 2004 Sports games, Save $15 instantly when you buy 3.
Tiger Woods 2004- $15
Halo- $40
Zoo Tycoon- $25

Nothing special.

I should get Return to Castle Wolenstein. I have a hankerin to kill some krauts. Plus I have a Gamer Gift Card coupon, and two 5 dollar certificates for being a Reward Zone Member so it'll only cost me like 5 dollars and some change.

[quote name='Pinnacle']No gamecube deals?[/quote]

I thought the same thing. True be told though, my next planned GCN purchase is Wario Ware Inc and I doubt BB would pre-order it this early.

Thanks for the post.

So that means MX Unleashed or Pitfall would be $25 if you use a GGC plus the $10 gift card. Not bad. $40 - $5 (GGC coupon) - $10 (gift card with purchse) = $25. Unless the $40 in the ad is already factoring in the free gift card as $10 off? (Doubt they would do that...)

Also might check out Wolfenstein for $15. Heck and that's not bat for MC II or MP2 either. Actually pretty good next week for Xbox after basically nothing this week.

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for the post.

So that means MX Unleashed or Pitfall would be $25 if you use a GGC plus the $10 gift card. Not bad. $40 - $5 (GGC coupon) - $10 (gift card with purchse) = $25. Unless the $40 in the ad is already factoring in the free gift card as $10 off? (Doubt they would do that...)[/quote]

Yeah... can anyone with the ad tell us more about this deal?

The $40 price doesn't say anything like "price after GC" does it?

[quote name='JimmieMac']I should get Return to Castle Wolenstein. I have a hankerin to kill some krauts. Plus I have a Gamer Gift Card coupon, and two 5 dollar certificates for being a Reward Zone Member so it'll only cost me like 5 dollars and some change.[/quote]
You also get double reward points for buying any of the Activision games, including RTCW.

[quote name='Pinnacle']No gamecube deals?[/quote]
None

[quote name='wubb']So that means MX Unleashed or Pitfall would be $25 if you use a GGC plus the $10 gift card. Not bad. $40 - $5 (GGC coupon) - $10 (gift card with purchse) = $25. Unless the $40 in the ad is already factoring in the free gift card as $10 off? (Doubt they would do that...)[/quote]
$40 is the MSRP for both games. It says you have to use the gift card on a future purchase, but maybe a dumb employee will let you use it then.

I saw the circuit city ad and I was astounded at the lack of deals. All the items shown were at full price, save for two $50 games that came with $10 gift cards (cant remember which games, sonic heroes was one I think)

so I guess BB is carrying WE 7 then.. I will wait until the result of the WE 7 contest and might get the game from BB with GGC if I didn't win.
All the talking makes me want to play the game.. now that I have multi-tap and all..

I wouldn't care if they didn't let me use the gift card right then or not. I'm always picking up something at best buy so getting a $10 gift card is nearly as good as cash to me.

All the items shown were at full price,

I always get a kick out of them putting full price games in their ads. Ooo I can get NFL Street for $50! I'll have to get there before they run out!!!

Some decent deals...I might pick up Max Payne 2 and RTCW for 40 combined after GGCs...thanks for the post.

[quote name='Togepy']

Baldurs Gate 2- $40, [/quote]

Is this JUST the PS2 version? If so that sux. And it also tells me that companies are starting to realize that certain 3rd party games in certain genres are a harder sell on PS2 than Xbox. If Interplay or BB were trying to simply sell more period, they'd drop the price of both versions. But they know that the majority of gamers going after this type of game at this pricepoint will opt for the Xbox version.

Who calls the shots on these sale prices anyway? BB? The publisher? Sony?

[quote name='wubb']I wouldn't care if they didn't let me use the gift card right then or not. I'm always picking up something at best buy so getting a $10 gift card is nearly as good as cash to me.[/quote]

Except you pay tax on those $10, so it's more like $9 you're getting back.

[quote name='wubb']I always get a kick out of them putting full price games in their ads. Ooo I can get NFL Street for $50! I'll have to get there before they run out!!![/quote]

Those aren't there for you. They're for people with lives, informing them these products are available. Not everybody is aware of the release schedule months in advance.

[quote name='eldad9']Those aren't there for you. They're for people with lives, informing them these products are available. Not everybody is aware of the release schedule months in advance.[/quote]

ZING!

[quote name='Lord Alfred'][quote name='Togepy']

Baldurs Gate 2- $40, [/quote]

Is this JUST the PS2 version?[/quote]

Oops, it says also available for Xbox. I forgot to add it in the Xbox section. Sorry.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='eldad9']Those aren't there for you. They're for people with lives, informing them these products are available. Not everybody is aware of the release schedule months in advance.[/quote]

ZING![/quote]

Yeah, he got me good there :oops:

LOL

Actually I had always assumed Best Buy just puts in ads for upcoming games of whatever company was willing to give them the biggest kickback for a nice shelf position. Or do only grocery stores get that type of juice?

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='eldad9']Those aren't there for you. They're for people with lives, informing them these products are available. Not everybody is aware of the release schedule months in advance.[/quote]

ZING![/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I thought it was a bit harsh.

Damn, does bestbuy deals continue to suck or what? BB deals now only good for getting rid of those gift cards you get from family and/or friends. Thanks for posting though.

If you buy Pitfall from Best Buy, get the Gift Card and then return it a day later, do you have to bring back the Gift Card too??? If not, you can buy Pitfall, return it the next day. Go to another Best Buy, use the $10 Gift Card, $5 GGC and it could end up costing you $25 and some change.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='wubb'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='eldad9']Those aren't there for you. They're for people with lives, informing them these products are available. Not everybody is aware of the release schedule months in advance.[/quote]

ZING![/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I thought it was a bit harsh.[/quote]

It is not very harsh, since it is basically self deprecating. Most of us here can't claim to be living the fast life.

Delta Strike for $29.99 is pretty good if you're interested in the game. $39.99 games don't get a $10 discount soon after release very often. Plus, it's best buy, so you can use a coupon.

Aww are you kidding me, those are pretty good deals You know. I was especially eyeing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for 40, since its a damned new game and theres almost no deals to be found on this game, anywhere. If I had that much money, I'd get it. :lol: True Crime i played over my friends house, and even due to the controversy i personally think its an awesome game, so 38$ doesn't sound... THAT bad. Pretty good if you want it and don't wanna spend full 50 u know. And for my sis maybe xbox GTA Double Pack, she needs to expand her gaming collection maaajorly.

[quote name='snatcher33']If you buy Pitfall from Best Buy, get the Gift Card and then return it a day later, do you have to bring back the Gift Card too??? If not, you can buy Pitfall, return it the next day. Go to another Best Buy, use the $10 Gift Card, $5 GGC and it could end up costing you $25 and some change.[/quote]

Their return policy notes something about if you return something that came with a free gift you must also return the free gift or they will deduct the value of the free gift from your refund. (In this case I'm pretty sure they would value the $10 gift card at $10.)

Here it is:

"What is your return policy on purchases that include a free gift

You may return items for which you received a free gift in accordance with our regular Return Policy. Please note: You must also return the free gift in order to receive a full refund. If you are unable to do so, the value of the free gift will be subtracted from the purchase price of the item being returned. You will be refunded the difference. The value of the free gift is based on the price it was regularly sold for on the date of your original purchase."
Link to policy

[quote name='wubb']assumed Best Buy just puts in ads for upcoming games of whatever company was willing to give them the biggest kickback for a nice shelf position. Or do only grocery stores get that type of juice?[/quote]

I can't vouch for Best Buy but I worked in a Software Etc. for 5 years and I can tell you that almost all of the items that are featured in the ads and are placed on the endcaps and displays are there because the publisher paid us to do so. I would be surprised if it weren't the exact same way at BB.

[quote name='Lord Alfred'][quote name='wubb']assumed Best Buy just puts in ads for upcoming games of whatever company was willing to give them the biggest kickback for a nice shelf position. Or do only grocery stores get that type of juice?[/quote]

I can't vouch for Best Buy but I worked in a Software Etc. for 5 years and I can tell you that almost all of the items that are featured in the ads and are placed on the endcaps and displays are there because the publisher paid us to do so. I would be surprised if it weren't the exact same way at BB.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I had assumed that was the case, but wasn't 100% sure.

[quote name='tenzor']is unreal 2 worth it?[/quote]

I downloaded the demo to try it out and I think its worth it. I alsmot bought it for $30 at gamestop. good thing I didnt.

Do people realize you can get 2 EA Sports games (PC) for $25 and 3 for $30 this week (this is online too).

That is a pretty killer deal--even the 2-3 year old ones don't get much below $10.

bread's done
Back