NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

[quote name='dafoomie']That shot of Rex tearing his headset off and throwing it to the ground was priceless.[/QUOTE]

I just stopped laughing at that. Oh man, I need a GIF of that one right now!

EDIT: There's that stupid fucking commercial again....

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why? They'd still be behind Green Bay, Chicago, and Cleveland in total championships in NFL history.[/QUOTE]

Well, from my prospective being a Cowboys fan, I would hate it for Pittsburgh to win #7 in Dallas.

I was a Jets fan all season, I made a $50 bet on them to make it to the Super Bowl last June. I almost won.

[quote name='dafoomie']The Mark Sanchez one?

Hi, I'm Mark Sanchez, and I'm sharing the sound of my actual heart (silence) with my fellow women...[/QUOTE]

No, not that one. The one where NFL shop is selling the "Your team just made the super bowl!" Crap. The guy's voice annoys the fuck outta me.

hopefully pro bowl might be exciting to watch than boring bowl XLV

lol random quote

Hey jets you loss and now you're going home - what do ya think ? - "can't wait"

lol:
lol.jpg

[quote name='renique46']hopefully pro bowl might be exciting to watch than boring bowl XLV

lol random quote

Hey jets you loss and now you're going home - what do ya think ? - "can't wait"[/QUOTE]

WHy do you call it the boring bowl? Have you watched it? Who wins? Save me two weeks of heartaches.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why? They'd still be behind Green Bay, Chicago, and Cleveland in total championships in NFL history.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this more about longevity? It's pretty easy to win a championship when you're one of 8 teams (and one of a few that has money at the time)

And hell no I don't want Pittsburgh and their insufferable fan base winning another.

I think at this point people are only counting Super Bowls. I mean I doubt Steelers fans would want to trade places with Browns fans right now because they won some titles 50 years ago. ;)

This game will be one of two things: The best Super Bowl ever or the worst Super Bowl ever. There will be no in-betweens.

Meh, even if it's a good game, I think it will be a low scoring, defensive battle. Which wouldn't be a good super bowl for me as I hate low soring defensive games. I can't see it being a shoot out.

Well you never really know how the game will turn out but for sure the half time show will suck. Black Eyed Pies. fuck that generic, repetitive music. I'd rather watch the puppy bowl.

Cutler apparently has a torn MCL.

Hope the fans, and former players etc. that were questioning his toughness yesterday feel like crap. I'm not a Bears fan and think him overrated, but thought all the shit he was getting yesterday was absurd.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Cutler apparently has a torn MCL.

Hope the fans, and former players etc. that were questioning his toughness yesterday feel like crap. I'm not a Bears fan and think him overrated, but thought all the shit he was getting yesterday was absurd.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but how serious is the tear is the question. If its a grade I tear then I'm not sure how he couldn't have gotten back in the game. If its a complete grade III tear then yeah I can see him sitting it out but seeing as how a grade III tear makes it difficult to even stand, I find that unlikely.

I don't know. I just find it lame to have a bunch of armchair quarterbacks questioning a pro athelete's toughness.

It was a huge game. I'm sure if he could have went out and played at a level to help (rather than hurt the team) he'd have been out there. He's never came across as lacking toughness or not being competitive etc.

I suppose. But again it's a big game, so I can understand him wanting to be on the sideline, watching the game and be there for his teammates.

And being able to stand on an injured leg is a hell of a lot different from being able to run, make cuts, plant and throw a football etc. I'm have a mild ankle sprain now, can walk on it with little pain, but no way I could run, jump, plant, make cuts etc. And any kind of torn MCL is a hell of a lot worse than this very minor sprain I have.

So I think people--players and fans--are crossing the line by questioning his tougheness. Especially when apparently the medical staff said he couldn't go and wouldn't let him back in from what I just heard on Sportscenter.

Just way too much expectation put on athletes to play hurt, risk ending their careers and lessening their quality of life. At the end of the day it's just a game and just a job for them. It's not life and death and worth taking those risks over. And it's hypocritical for us fans especially to be expecting it when we certainly wouldn't do anything that jeopardized our health to keep working at our jobs rather than taking paid time off!

Honestly? anyone talking about Cutler in a negative light should shut the hell up. The guy isn't going to sit out of the NFC title game if there wasn't an injury he couldn't play through. Maurice Jones-Drew said Cutler can play on a bad knee, because he did all season... yeah, and you sucked most of the time MJD... give me a break.

And Dockett is a mega-clownshoe who just likes to read his own tweets.

[quote name='javeryh']I think at this point people are only counting Super Bowls. I mean I doubt Steelers fans would want to trade places with Browns fans right now because they won some titles 50 years ago. ;)[/QUOTE]
It's a Ric Flair situation. When was the last time that he won a title, but he's still respected for that stuff.

We get enough shit from Pittsburgh fans, so I'd be sure to mention that the Browns had the first dynasty (7 titles during 10 straight championship appearances) and perfect season in response to claims of 7 Super Bowls. Having to start over from scratch because of Art Modell isn't something I'd wish on any franchise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a Ric Flair situation. When was the last time that he won a title, but he's still respected for that stuff.

We get enough shit from Pittsburgh fans, so I'd be sure to mention that the Browns had the first dynasty (7 titles during 10 straight championship appearances) and perfect season in response to claims of 7 Super Bowls. Having to start over from scratch because of Art Modell isn't something I'd wish on any franchise.[/QUOTE]

Man I feel bad for you Browns fans if this is what you are clinging to. :cry:

I've been a Giants fan my entire life but whenever I'm sticking it to some loser from Philadelphia it's always because they haven't won a Super Bowl (even though they have won a couple of NFL championships). Also, 4 of the titles that the Browns have are prior to them joining the NFL (thank you wikipedia!).

I really hope the Browns turn it around and win a title soon - every real fan should know how awesome it really is (except Philadelphia, of course - losers). I still watch the DVD from the 2007 season from time to time. So great...

[quote name='javeryh']Man I feel bad for you Browns fans if this is what you are clinging to. :cry:

I've been a Giants fan my entire life but whenever I'm sticking it to some loser from Philadelphia it's always because they haven't won a Super Bowl (even though they have won a couple of NFL championships). Also, 4 of the titles that the Browns have are prior to them joining the NFL (thank you wikipedia!).

I really hope the Browns turn it around and win a title soon - every real fan should know how awesome it really is (except Philadelphia, of course - losers). I still watch the DVD from the 2007 season from time to time. So great...[/QUOTE]
I'm fine with being bad since then because they have such a great history that is a significant part of the league and sport's history. Most of the Browns' fans probably don't know about anything before the Bernie Kosar era in the 80s besides Jim Brown. There are plenty of teams that don't even have that, so it's better than nothing.

I just love reading about the history of professional football because nobody ever talks about what it was like before the Super Bowl era anymore. I don't know why the NFL ignores the team stats/records of the AAFC, but allows the player stats of that league factor into their record books since they should accept all of it or none of it.

You'd like what happened with the Browns' first game against an NFL team, the two-time champion Philadelphia Eagles, where everybody assumed Philly would win because obviously the NFL>AAFC. They possibly had the best NFL team ever assembled with possibly the best NFL coach ever.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I just love reading about the history of professional football because nobody ever talks about what it was like before the Super Bowl era anymore. I don't know why the NFL ignores the team stats/records of the AAFC, but allows the player stats of that league factor into their record books since they should accept all of it or none of it.

You'd like what happened with the Browns' first game against an NFL team, the two-time champion Philadelphia Eagles, where everybody assumed Philly would win because obviously the NFL>AAFC. They possibly had the best NFL team ever assembled with possibly the best NFL coach ever.[/QUOTE]
Otto Graham is criminally underrated.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Exactly, I hope we get another shoot out! :applause:[/QUOTE]

The packers are MUCH better defensively then they were then. They really don't play a 3-4 defense anymore. With Tramon Williams and Sam Shields playing so well, they play alot of a hybrid 3-4-3 defense. 3 tradational down lineman like a 3-4, 4 linebackers plus charles woodson playing a free rome "strong" safety (almost a 5th LB against the run) and free safty nick collins plus 2 cbs.

However we (and yes i can say "we" because i own as much of the packers as anyone) don't have jermicheal finley or ryan grant so it could be interesting. That's why i say 2 1/2 to the steelers.

Here's what I want to happen in the Super Bowl. The game goes into overtime tied at 20. The team that wins the toss goes on a long, 7 minute drive and settles for a field goal. The proceeding kick is returned for a touchdown to end the game.

Why would I want this? It'd be the first time the Super Bowl goes to overtime, as well as the first overtime game to feature the new rules. Then the losing coach would proceed to blame these new rules on losing the Super Bowl.

[quote name='DestroVega']Honestly? anyone talking about Cutler in a negative light should shut the hell up.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up for me. Cutler makes some weird decisions in the heat of the game; but this was a smart decision for his health, regardless of the game. Obviously playing would've killed his knee, but I guess that would've proven how much of a man he was to Deion Sanders, MJD, and Bruce Gradkowski (Seriously...BRUCE GRADKOWSKI?). :roll:

The whole thing is just ridiculous.

Yeah the Cutler crap is nuts at this point. Anyone who has watched Bears games this year has seen the absolute beating this guy has taken. He was sacked more than any other QB in the league by a lot this year, I swear the beating the Giants gave him this year damn near killed him. There are many things you can question about Cutler but toughness isn't one of them.

Personally, I don't question the guy's toughness because like others have said he has taken quite a beating this year. I think the issue is more of whether he was using the injury as an excuse not to have to go back on the field for the beating they were taking by the Packers' defense. Basically put, I don't think he wanted to be at the helm of the ship as it was sinking and the injury provided him with an excuse to get out.

That's just crap imo, seriously if he didn't quit during that Giants game he will never quit. He was so out of it in that game that in the closing minutes before halftime he got up after a play where he was crushed and started walking to the wrong sideline! I mean c'mon, he's tough as shit. People just don't want to admit it because they hate him and his douche face.

I like that Maurice Jones Drew went back on his comments and said that he was just kidding or talking about something else, which nobody should believe.

[quote name='ced']And buried under the Super Bowl hype, Tennessee announced that the Jeff Fisher era is over. At this point, I honestly thought he was going keep the Titans HC spot until he retired.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/01/27/titans-jeff-fisher/index.html[/QUOTE]

He was a slightly above average coach, IMO. One Super Bowl appearance is pretty good but he was there 17 years and only won the division a couple of times...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I thought this was an interesting take on the Cutler thing. The most diehard of his fans will probably take it personally but it really isn't too scathing of him and actually goes a little bit along the lines of apologist for him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...tler-might-have-quit-way-before-sunday-012711[/QUOTE]

Even though I have a strong dislike for Jason Whitlock, I read through this new article. I have to strongly disagree with him trying to defend the players that ripped Cutler a new one.....before any information about the injury came out. Whitlock talks about how the players can't express a complete opinion in a tweet. Simply put the players such as Jones-Drew came off looking like a bunch of assholes. Jones-Drew even put forth a pathetic effort to backtrack on his twitter comments. I'm not sure how people can talk about Cutler lacking heart and not having a love for the game....based on his facial expressions.

I will give Whitlock a slight bit of credit and say that this article is not close to being as ridiculous as his article on Cutler from Monday:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-jay-cutler-quitting-on-chicago-bears-makes-us-so-livid-012411

bread's done
Back