NFS: Hot Pursuit & Shift 2 - 50% off + Free Shipping (EA Insider Deal)

i got hot pursuit for 35 release weekend, some kmart deal, or soon enough anyway.
didnt play it for 5 months and then started it while psn was down.
Amazing game, can't recommend enough. i was gonna trade in at bestbuy for 30, but decided to just keep it cuz it is so fun :)

I swear I got HP through one of these deals for 60% off a few months back. I used a 25% off coupon and it came out to around $17-$18.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Ugh. Really want to play Hot Pursuit but I want it $25 or under.

Never even played a NFS game but HP looks so fun.[/QUOTE]
It is definitely fun, but gets frustrating when the cops bust you right before the finish line.

[quote name='VaultDweller']couple of bad racing games that will soon be $20 msrp just like the other 15 need for speeds released this gen[/QUOTE]

If you even played Hot Pursuit, you know it's different from the normal NFS bunch. This is the only NFS game I enjoyed this gen. The last decent one was Carbon back in the beginning of the 360's life.

[quote name='VaultDweller']couple of bad racing games that will soon be $20 msrp just like the other 15 need for speeds released this gen[/QUOTE]

I know you're just a troll masquerading as a gamer, but HP is fun as shit. And I'm not even much of a racing game guy.

Finally convinced my family to get Hot Pursuit. We play Forza 3 and it turns into demolition derby every single time. Might as well give everyone EMPs and be done with it.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know you're just a troll masquerading as a gamer, but HP is fun as shit. And I'm not even much of a racing game guy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, HP is a very good high quality arcade racing game. I bought two copies from EA during their deals. I prefer the PC vs the 360 version because of the higher resolution.

you couldn't be more wrong. NFS HP is a great great racer. It's built by the guys from Burnout and plays a lot like that.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know you're just a troll masquerading as a gamer, but HP is fun as shit. And I'm not even much of a racing game guy.[/QUOTE]

shit. I wish I'd seen your post before replying.

----

anyway, I came in here to see if they were still shipping out Limited Editions.

I traded in HP for $30 bucks earlier this month, bought it for $35 at BF, will buy it again when its $20

[quote name='mgorsi']I traded in HP for $30 bucks earlier this month, bought it for $35 at BF, will buy it again when its $20[/QUOTE]

Lol that's what I did last week lol. And I also bought it for 35 :D. But the new nfs tgats coming out this fall NFD: The Run (I think that's what its called) might be better than HP

[quote name='giantqtipz']Lol that's what I did last week lol. And I also bought it for 35 :D. But the new nfs tgats coming out this fall NFD: The Run (I think that's what its called) might be better than HP[/QUOTE]I doubt it. It's not made by Criterion.

[quote name='juanawoman']I doubt it. It's not made by Criterion.[/QUOTE]

LOL. That's what I say. A good NFS is very hard to come by, so no one expect to see 2 good ones in a year. The next good one will be in 4 years. ;)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']$15 or bust for both. Especially since they now release these games every 5 months.[/QUOTE]

It really doesn't matter how frequent they release NFS games. If it's a good one like Hot Pursuit, then it's worth $30. At least EA and its studios can crank out a good NFS game every 5 years. That sure beats Sega for its Sonic franchise. For me, I normally don't even play racing games that are capped at 30 fps. HP (as well as Split/Second, and many years ago, PGR4) made the exception as this is a clear case of gameplay > graphics, though I do wish they tone down the rubberbanding. I finally bought a PC version recently for higher resolution and framerate but initially, I did buy the 360 version even knowing the framerate is capped after playing the demo. Now, racing sims, 60fps is a must, so Shift 2 on the other hand... yeah, that's a $15 or less title. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MPoWeRM3']It really doesn't matter how frequent they release NFS games. If it's a good one like Hot Pursuit, then it's worth $30. At least EA and its studios can crank out a good NFS game every 5 years. That sure beats Sega for its Sonic franchise. For me, I normally don't even play racing games that are capped at 30 fps. HP (as well as Split/Second, and many years ago, PGR4) made the exception as this is a clear case of gameplay > graphics, though I do wish they tone down the rubberbanding. I finally bought a PC version recently for higher resolution and framerate but initially, I did buy the 360 version even knowing the framerate is capped after playing the demo. Now, racing sims, 60fps is a must, so Shift 2 on the other hand... yeah, that's a $15 or less title. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I am not discounting the quality of the games at all, but generally when you dump a new game of the same franchise almost quarterly, the law of diminishing returns kicks in and eventually these games will drop in price. Since there are 3 in less than a year, I can say with certainty I can easily pick up HP soon for under $20.

For me, it's an easy decision to just hold off --- regardless of quality. That's not to say the game isn't worth the launch price or even $30.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I am not discounting the quality of the games at all, but generally when you dump a new game of the same franchise almost quarterly, the law of diminishing returns kicks in and eventually these games will drop in price. Since there are 3 in less than a year, I can say with certainty I can easily pick up HP soon for under $20.

For me, it's an easy decision to just hold off --- regardless of quality. That's not to say the game isn't worth the launch price or even $30.[/QUOTE]

you obviously haven't played any of these recent games them. HP is nothing like Shift 1 or 2.

EA isn't dropping 3 of these in less than a year. They are moving away from the NFS branding in the Shift series, which becomes more of a sim. The NFS brand looks to be their arcade line. In their view, it's 1 arcade racer and 1 racing sim per year. Which is the same for almost every other franchise out there right now.

HP has been consistently $50+ at other retailers with few exceptions (Ea Store). For a game to be that expensive for that long speaks not only for the quality of the game but of the demand.

The problem is that people like you seem to label it as another generic Need for Speed which it's not. I do agree however that it's annoying seeing Need for Speed, Assassin Creed, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero etc come out yearly which cheapens/kills the brand.

bread's done
Back