NHL 08 for PS3/PS2

Duckbutt

CAGiversary!
I've finally had enough with NHL 06. I played the game a ton during the 05-06 season and just broke it out again over the past couple of weeks, but I'm so frustrated the ridiculous scores (I beat the Avs 12-3 in a Stanley Cup Finals game!) and the restrictive contracts (3 year max deals, are you kidding me?).

Every I heard about NHL 08 is more in line with what I'm looking for, but I'm not willing to fork over $50 for a game that would should dropped to $20-$30 by now. Is there a place I can get it for that price range? I'd much rather prefer the PS3 version, but I can live with the PS2 version as longer as the differences aren't too great.

I've been looking myself, but stopped recently

NHL 09 is due to come out in September, I believe the 9th

So I figured with that short amount of time, I'd wait

I want to wait, it'd be cool to play in an online league during the season, but I hate buying sports games new (or at least during the current season) because they typically drop in price rather rapidly after the season is completed. It's the worst investment as far as video games go in my opinion.

I did manage to find the PS3 version for $30 on a site called Overstock Dealz, but the site seems shady and one of the disgruntled buyers from that site said the store is facing a lawsuit in Tennessee (though I could find no proof).

[quote name='Duckbutt']I want to wait, it'd be cool to play in an online league during the season, but I hate buying sports games new (or at least during the current season) because they typically drop in price rather rapidly after the season is completed. It's the worst investment as far as video games go in my opinion.

I did manage to find the PS3 version for $30 on a site called Overstock Dealz, but the site seems shady and one of the disgruntled buyers from that site said the store is facing a lawsuit in Tennessee (though I could find no proof).[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think there was a thread about them for GH2 or GH3 at one point, and people received the items that ordered them..

Edit: Found the thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180796&highlight=Overstock+Dealz

I guess it's an order at your own risk, the majority seem to have gotten it tho

Yeah, it seems like more of the same of what I read already. Lots of a happy people, yet they've got their fair share of customers with a bad taste in their mouth.

$30 is nice, but it seems like it would be a crap shoot with this site.

bread's done
Back