NHL 08 Freezing

spidey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So I play NHL 08 regularly on my PS3. I've finished 14 games in my dynasty and that's the only mode I've been playing as of late.

I never had a problem with the game till I downloaded the roster update (4/11). The roster update would make my game freeze in the main menu. I deleted the roster file and that solved the problem but now the game freezes randomly when exiting from a completed game.

Now I wouldn't be so mad if it wasn't for the fact that I play 20 minute periods so it's an hour down the drain before all the clock stoppage.

Anyone with same expriences? I'm on a replacement PS3 so I hope it's not nearing death. (I was able to complete C class challenges in GT5 Prologue without problems yesterday.)

I had it freeze 4 games in a row, while exiting the game. All four times, they were dynasty games, and all four times, I have a friend playing co-op. I have never tried to play a dynasty game locally again.
~S

The bug above was really only an issue one time for me. The one-timer bug is only one that annoys me. But it seems to be more prevalent on ps3. ( I have played quite a bit on both systems.) I am not nuts about the front end, but other than that it is probably the best EA NHL in quite a number of years, so it is worth picking up. f you are on the fence get the 360 version, as it runs at 60fps, versus 30fps on ps3; it is not a deal breaker, but it does feel _slightly_ smoother.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']The bug above was really only an issue one time for me. The one-timer bug is only one that annoys me. But it seems to be more prevalent on ps3. ( I have played quite a bit on both systems.) I am not nuts about the front end, but other than that it is probably the best EA NHL in quite a number of years, so it is worth picking up. f you are on the fence get the 360 version, as it runs at 60fps, versus 30fps on ps3; it is not a deal breaker, but it does feel _slightly_ smoother.[/QUOTE]

I'd hate to buy the same game all over again and I already have 2k8 on the 360 which is decent. Might just have to deal with it and wait till 09 comes out.

bread's done
Back