NHL 09 360 East Coast Hockey League

Mr_hockey66

CAGiversary!
Feedback
254 (100%)
Hey guys. i made a new NHL 09 hockey club since the other one wasn't working out. This is for the east coasters. most games will be from 8-10 pm eastern time zone. Or if it helps, we can set a certain night-certain time. Let me know what you guys think.

East Coast Cag is the name

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Hey guys. i made a new NHL 09 hockey club since the other one wasn't working out. This is for the east coasters. most games will be from 8-10 pm eastern time zone. Or if it helps, we can set a certain night-certain time. Let me know what you guys think.

East Coast Cag is the name[/quote]

I can understand if 10 PM EST - 2 AM EST is too late for you, but what part of playing for the past 3 weeks straight is not "working out"? I'm sorry. That's just a little insulting. And for the record, I'm on the east coast.

EDIT - I R RETARD

EDIT 2 - I R NOT RETARD. MATT YOUNG R RETARD (lol..just playing buddy ;))

Last edited by a moderator:
In three month I have only played on other person on cag. im trying to get a club/ league together where people can actually play with each other. The other league had west coasters and east coasters together and it never worked out.

I think a set time would help everyone. We could say next game tuesday at 9:00 pm or whatever.

No, see Matt. I was right. He posted in the CAG team thread too. Here's what he said.

Hey guys i made new club if any one is interested. For the east coasters.

East Coast Cag is the club name. Im trying to get down a better scedule. That way we can actually play some games. Just let me know if you guys need a invite.

And I'm sorry Mr. Hockey, I take issue with this because for awhile, the CAG team was floundering, but me and Matt Young decided to organize (basically what you're suggesting) and set up a weekly CAG Hockey Night that has been going on for the past 3+ weeks now. We play on Fridays from 10 PM EST to 2 AM EST.

As I said, if that's too late for you, I understand. But it's stupid to attempt to break up the team just for the hell of it. Things are really in full swing now. We had 12 people show up 2 nights ago and had 3 teams playing simultaneously. I don't know how much more active you can be than that.

Also the other league (1 vs. 1) is still up and running, I was giving people time to get their time in with all the big holiday releases and was not going to start hunting people down to play their games till after x-mas.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No, see Matt. I was right. He posted in the CAG team thread too. Here's what he said.

And I'm sorry Mr. Hockey, I take issue with this because for awhile, the CAG team was floundering, but me and Matt Young decided to organize (basically what you're suggesting) and set up a weekly CAG Hockey Night that has been going on for the past 3+ weeks now. We play on Fridays from 10 PM EST to 2 AM EST.

As I said, if that's too late for you, I understand. But it's stupid to attempt to break up the team just for the hell of it. Things are really in full swing now. We had 12 people show up 2 nights ago and had 3 teams playing simultaneously. I don't know how much more active you can be than that.[/QUOTE]

I think you're giving me too much credit, since you'vedone more, but otherwise, you're right.

As for ajh's league, I've played FrankySox and Pure Apathy, who I play with all the time. Other than that, only ajh himself and DestroVega have even attempted to play me.

[quote name='Matt Young']I think you're giving me too much credit, since you'vedone more, but otherwise, you're right.

As for ajh's league, I've played FrankySox and Pure Apathy, who I play with all the time. Other than that, only ajh himself and DestroVega have even attempted to play me.[/quote]

Well, even so, you were all like "yeah, that's a good idea! yeah man! do it!", haha. So that's gotta count for something ;)

As far as leagues go...ehhh...not touching that one. Good luck to you guys! haha :)

Im not trying to insult you. Take a chill pill.

Ok cool if you guys are playing on fridays at 8 I can join you. I did know you guys had a night sceduled.

See was that so bad?

I am just trying to get some guys together to play. Im not trying to steal your thunder.

Lay off the juice man. It shrinks your nuts.

Geez!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Im not trying to insult you. Take a chill pill.

Ok cool if you guys are playing on fridays at 8 I can join you. I did know you guys had a night sceduled.

See was that so bad?

I am just trying to get some guys together to play. Im not trying to steal your thunder.

Lay off the juice man. It shrinks your nuts.

Geez![/quote]

It just would have been nice if you had read the last couple pages of the thread at all before you decided to hijack it. That's all I was saying. Also, at what point between 10 PM EST - 2 AM EST does 8 fall? Sorry, I know that's chippy, but it's been a long day. It's not my nuts that are shrinking. It's my patience. If you're on between 10 PM EST and 2 AM EST, you're more than welcome to play.

Why did Nate get silenced and Mr. Hockey didn't? Neither deserved to be, but Mr. Hockey insulted him with the nut shrinking comment first...

If anyone is interseted in playing any games earlier then 10-2am please let me know. Im looking for around 8-12 pm most nights.

It dosn't have to be club either if you guys are worried about leaving the other cag club. We could do just play a friend it dosn't matter.

[quote name='Matt Young']Why did Nate get silenced and Mr. Hockey didn't? Neither deserved to be, but Mr. Hockey insulted him with the nut shrinking comment first...[/quote]

n8rockerasu had a run in with a troll in another thread.

Hey guys, I'm back. Yeah, a CAG by the name of "monkeydeew" was giving me crap in the BBV thread last night and sending me private messages telling me how he "owned me" and I just didn't feel like putting up with it. I've seen him wreaking havoc all over CAG, intentionally giving people bad info, harassing people, and just being an overall dick. So, I took him out. One day of silence for me...lengthy ban for him :D

Mr. Hockey, sorry about all the crap yesterday. I can understand wanting to play a little earlier (especially if you work Saturday mornings). The main reason I chose 10 pm as the start time was to try to give west coasters a chance to play too. That way, it's a little early for them and a little late for us. It was the best compromise I could come up with.

But I know for a fact there are CAGs who wouldn't mind getting an hour or two early start. If you want to keep an eye on the main thread and watch for guys who are maybe ready to go early, you could totally start playing before I get there (I just really can't see myself playing hockey for 6 hours, haha) I usually post a reminder message Friday morning, and then another around 8-9 pm. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find people who are ready to play.

And then, when the rest of us get on at 10, we can link up with you or whatever. Last week we had 3 teams going at once, so we kinda had groups doing their own thing anyway, but it worked out fine. Like I said though, you're more than welcome to join us! Just keep an eye on the CAG Club thread because we're definitely keeping it active :)

Sweet. I will. its not that i work early its I have a little one who just turned 3. He is up at the butt crack of dawn. Im not a strapping young lad like I used to be. I can't stay up that late anymore.

I didn't mean those comments as harsh as they were. Im a smart ass. Have been a smart ass since day one. I should put smilliy faces with comeents so people know im just ribbing. Where do you guys go once on on fridays. im not a member of that nhl club.

I guess if one of you guys could send me another invite. i'll drop out and close the east cost one.

I really didn't know you guys had a set night. Would have made this whole thing alot easier.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Sweet. I will. its not that i work early its I have a little one who just turned 3. He is up at the butt crack of dawn. Im not a strapping young lad like I used to be. I can't stay up that late anymore.

I didn't mean those comments as harsh as they were. Im a smart ass. Have been a smart ass since day one. I should put smilliy faces with comeents so people know im just ribbing. Where do you guys go once on on fridays. im not a member of that nhl club.

I guess if one of you guys could send me another invite. i'll drop out and close the east cost one.

I really didn't know you guys had a set night. Would have made this whole thing alot easier.[/quote]

It's cool man. I was just having a bad day as it was. Plus, I can get a little defensive when I feel like my effort is going unnoticed. Like you, I was pretty annoyed that the CAG team was turning into a 2 minute fad, so that's why I started CAG Hockey Night. It wasn't any big deal to set up, but sometimes people just need structure to get motivated. Fortunately, the guys were kind enough to grant me GM status, so I can invite you to the team no problem.

I can only imagine the chaos of having a 3 year old, but I totally understand wanting to start a little earlier for that reason. My wife and I don't have any kids yet (we're waiting till she finishes grad school), but I'm sure my uninterrupted gaming time will be nil when we do have one. I'm just hoping I can learn some form of hypnosis in the meantime, haha ;)

EDIT - Sent you an invite to the team, along with a friend request on Live. Once you join, you'll be good to go for Friday :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you sir. Allready on and back in. The ECCAG is offically no more :whistle2:( Anyways. Thank you again. look forward to beating some cags at nhl!

Good luck with the children. Its the greatest thing in the world. Hard...no doubt...but great.

I was there was an instruction book that popped out with the kid!

There are lots your parents don't tell you bout. Makes you appreciate your parents more! You can't tell what its like till you have one. Then its a different story.

( I used to hear it but never believed it till I had one!) You join a special club when you become a parent. You can also then see " the look". You don't know what the "look" is till you become a parent.Then you can see the "look" on other people. Its funny. Ask any parent what the look is on other parents.

The look if you ask is this

.......I love you kid....but you are about to get the worst spanking of your young life if you throw that...DAMN YOU....you ...I'd.....If we weren't in public! I have never been this embarassed! Sorry.

Its the look.....normally followed by this...

Sigh.. what do we do???? Come on lets go home.

The look can be from many things.

1. Crying kid
2. Sick kid
3. Dirty Diaper kid
4. Explosive dirty diaper kid
5. Kid has learned how to say no and what it means
6. Kid whats something not allowed to have

All can create the look. Well enough babling. Good luck with that.

bread's done
Back