NHL 09 PS3 CAG Thread - League Created

We ought to set one up just to get an idea of the settings. I made one, but I didn't notice anything about season length and things to that degree.

we're doing only human right?

play everyone twice. home and away. and then playoffs. if u can set it up like that, i think it'd work best. and most realistic of ppl playing all their games.

i got the game today, been playing be a pro.

I played for 5 hours straight today :p

Amicus is spot on.

We will officially start when the first patch after the regular season hits to account for call-ups and signings.

A preseason league sounds like a good idea. Not everybody has to play. How about Sunday at 11:59 PM is the last chance to sign up to play the preseason then whoever is in it can start Sunday night and have a few weeks to schedule games with everyone.

I played as Dynamo Moscow today (my favourite international team). The internation ice is HUGE. It felt so much slower.

I played a few games with random people online and it just amazes me how poorly most of the people I've played with are when it comes to teamwork.

Very frustrating. Hopefully I can team up with some of you folks over the next few days and play a few games, tonight was pretty sad.

[quote name='Dasflikko']I played a few games with random people online and it just amazes me how poorly most of the people I've played with are when it comes to teamwork.

Very frustrating. Hopefully I can team up with some of you folks over the next few days and play a few games, tonight was pretty sad.[/quote]
The games I played the other team pretty much thought the game consisted of hitting the other team and never shooting. They took about 10 shots all game and all they did was hit my team. Needless to say, they lost.

Also, I'll take Edmonton if no one has yet. I now must give snowsquirrel dirty looks for being Calgary.

If I can still join, i'll take Toronto...I hate them, but i'll represent Canada since that's the last Canadian team.

Edit: psn id: rpgv2

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, what is your PSN ID?

If anyone wants to play practice games, go ahead and add me on PSN and send me a message if you see me online.

Damn, I'm addicted to this game now. I can't play too much with the pro stick or whatever it's called since it starts to hurt my hand and I always forget to aim my shot. Such a great hockey game.

everyone who has taken a team should clarify if they've got the game. then we can see the real numbers and prep the league.

I have it.

I don't have it yet. The person who was supposed to send it to me on Goozex got banned because he kept canceling trades. I'm still 1st in line so hopefully I get it soon.

i hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes. but i created a league cag08/cag08 for 16 people. i know theres more than 16 people listed on the first page, but lets be realistic. there hasn't been that much activity on this thread. i made it for 3 game playoff.

lets honour the teams selected in the first post, if the team u really want is still available when we get to 16 teams i'm sure u can swithc teams before we actually start,

in the first post we're suppose to start in october. that gives us a week for everyone to join the league.

Edit: i guess we'll wait

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='amicus']i hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes. but i created a league cag08/cag08 for 16 people. i know theres more than 16 people listed on the first page, but lets be realistic. there hasn't been that much activity on this thread. i made it for 3 game playoff.

lets honour the teams selected in the first post, if the team u really want is still available when we get to 16 teams i'm sure u can swithc teams before we actually start,

in the first post we're suppose to start in october. that gives us a week for everyone to join the league.[/quote]

sounds good...i'd be up for that since the original poster is MIA

I think it's best to wait as well. As previously stated by Jest, the rosters aren't even set yet, and as far as I know, there has only been one roster update and there probably won't be one until the preseason is done.

I picked up the game on Sunday. I was actually waiting to see if this was actually going to happen since this thread has been quiet for a while. I just need to set up my PSN account and I'll be all set.

[quote name='Dasflikko']I would suggest getting this all sorted out in the next few days because the regular season is starting pretty soon.[/quote]

The season starts the 4th, but but 28 teams, it's the 9th. We've got a week to iron things out.

Yes we just need one league to join up though so we're not splintered.

Jest you should just make the regular season league and post all the finalized rules and whatever else this weekend.

Before we start, maybe it'd be a good idea to get an idea of availability, such as what hours and days would work and how many games you think you could participate in.

So, as the start of the NHL season draws near, here are some things I'm thinking about as far as this league is concern.

- How many games will we play? I think one or two a week would be manageable even the busiest people, but that's just me. Plus two games gives you alot of flexibility of when you need to play (I'm assuming we aren't set to playing Friday night at 9pm, but I've never played in an online sports league either).

- Are we going to have playoffs? If so, how many teams get in and how long will a series be?

- Will there be league rules on control schemes? I'd like to use the default, but I'm still not used to it yet (shooting target in the corner of a net isn't bad, but applying that to an in-game situation is another animal).

- Will trades be allowed?

I finally got it. Wow, it looks fantastic.

I would suggest just one game a week. Yeah, I have time for 2 or three, but those times don't necessarily coincide with others free time. A game a week will be a feat in itself.

In '08 I ended up using classic controls. Giving dual stick controls another go here. What did you guys end up settling on?

~S

Well I am thinking it gets set up for 2 games against each player. Then I think you can just play them whenever you want. I am pretty sure how it works, going off word of mouth here. If it works differently please enlighten me.

I'm thinking best 2-out-of-3 is best for playoffs and we will have 8 teams.

Any control scheme allowed. No sense penalizing someone to use controls they aren't used to.

Trades = sure.

Anyone feel strongly against any of these points?

So the NHL season starts today. Has there been a roster update? I honestly haven't played the game that much since the first week it was out.

Does anybody have headsets? I'm not sure how useful they will be, but I figure if you have to go somewhere (like a potty break), you can tell your opponent and clear it with him. Chances are they aren't supported and it probably isn't necessary, but it may come in handy.

I have a headset and have played against and with people with headsets before.

If EA doesn't update the rosters quickly I wonder if fan-made updates would work...

PSN - emg28

So are we just waiting for a roster update to get this started? I don't think the rosters will be finalized until the middle of this week when all the other teams start their season.

Will there be a roster update? I'm willing to wait week for it, kinda. Do we have a schedule of when games will be played or anything yet?

Hopefully a roster update will be out by Sunday. Sunday evening I will create the league and post the name/password in the thread. From there lets wait 3 days for everyone who posted in this thread to select their team. After that its a free-for-all on team choices. Hopefully interest hasn't dwindled. We can get outsiders if necessary. I think Friday Oct 17 is a good official start date.

Yeah, I get that. I went to the online lobby and was prompted to download a roster update. I don't think it differed from the roster on the disc.

Hi guys.

THe CAG NHL09 PS3 league has been created. Do a search for 'CAGHL'. The password is 'cheapass'. Unfortunately I don't think there was a roster update but we will have to do with how it is now. Please sign up by Wednesday with the team you have reserved. After Wednesday its a free for all for teams. Games should start on Friday.

Thanks for your patience.

bread's done
Back