NHL 09 PS3 CAG Thread - League Created

As of now, I've got no internet for my PS3. I'm going see what I can come up with to solve this, but I might not be able to participate after all. :whistle2:( I was really looking forward to this, and I was just starting to get good again.

I'll sign up as soon as I get the replacement bulb for my tv (should be Wednesday, Thursday at the latest)... It really sucks not being able to play anything.

Signed up last night and I hope they do make a roster update. The LA Kings have only 6 defensemen on the whole roster and 2 of them aren't even in the NHL. :lol:

According to a post in this thread, there won't be an official roster update until next month. I'm going to try to manually correct the Flyers roster today, but I don't think all of their players are available in the game.

There are some user created rosters that fill in a lot of gaps, adding new players to both NHL and AHL, getting rid of old ones, changing numbers and captaincy, etc. http://nhlrosterupdate.blogspot.com/ seems like a good site. I haven't tried it yet but it looks cool.

I don't think they can be used in online though.

Trading is enabled in this league so I don't think new roster updates would take effect.

Having a set schedule to play games isn't going to make much sense with this many people. Everyone has to play everyone twice so use this thread and PM (preferred ;)) to set up times to play with others. Maybe post your ideal gaming times here and then knock out details through PM or PSN.

For those interested, I used the custom rosters from the link that Jest provided. I wouldn't go as so far as saying they are 100% accurate like the creator has done, but they are pretty close. I didn't go through the whole league, but with the Flyers/Phantoms, the players were on the roster, but Darren Hatcher (Injured Reserve), Jared Ross and Luca Sbisa are on the actual Flyers roster but appear on the Phantoms due to in game roster restrictions. Martin Houle is no longer with the Phantoms, but that's an easy fix.

I'll be available pretty much every evening this week. Add me to your PSN list and toss me a msg if anyone wants to get a game going.

Yep no problem. I haven't played in a while. Can't remember if I can close the league for new sign-ups or not. Anyone else want to have a big day on Saturday in the afternoon?

Yes, play games.

I'm hopping on in 30 mins and will be online for a good 2 or 3 (or 5) hours tonight unless plans change. I'll have my laptop beside me. Best way to reach me is through PM. See ya on the ice.

Ah dang. They patched in delay of game penalties. I learned the hard way. Does the draw go into your zone when you take a penalty?

Well I played Amicus in the first two games of the season. Just a reminder, there is no scheduel. Just play 2 games against everyone and the playoffs can begin.

GGs Amicus. The first one was pretty much who got luckiest with many missed opportunies on either side. I ended up winning 2-1 but he almost came back and beat me when he scored his goal with 2 mins left. The second game was a blow-out because of some bad rebounds. I was down 3-0 in the first. Made a goalie change after the 3rd goal and it stayed 3-0 til the end.

jess that second game we played, u didn't do a league invite game so it didn't register as a league game.

or maybe it was my fault and i accessed the invite from the main player hub menu and not the league one. didn't see R3 until just now.

good games.

you should probably write a procedure to tell people how to to start the game that will count. whatever way we did the first time worked...

then it's probably my fault.

make sure you access your game invites from the player hub via the league window. (R3)

at the time, i was clicking L1-R1 etc looking for the menu.

Did you guys have any trouble connecting to each other to play a game? Me and slam09 were trying to play a game on Thursday and gave up after trying about 20 times to connect. We could both play quick matches though.

we had no issues.

I can play tonight. will check this thread periodically. won't be in nhl09 or maybe ps3 wont' be on but i'll have my laptop.

Okay, I pretty much have no school tomorrow, and I already voted so I should be free to play for a while. Send me a PM or add me to your PSN friendlist (JetTone) and send me a message on there if I'm playing another game, which will most likely be Resistence 2 and I'll switch over since I really want to play some of these league games.

I'll be able to play this afternoon if anyone wants to play. Election means no work or school for me. Send me a PM since I might not actually be on my PS3

Wow, great couple of games there with Canuck. Blew him out in the first game where he had all kinds of bad luck. But that second game was awesome. Neither of us could score. It had to go to a shootout in which we both though it could go for a while and it came down to him making the final and only goal. Nabokov was just a wall, not allowing anything in.

Just finish playing with amicus. Damn he's good with the Pro stick controls. That last game was fun. Went to a shootout that didn't seem like it would ever end if not for amicus ability to deke and get one shot pass Navi. Went through like ten players each on the shootout.

I'll play tonight. Just posting here to let others know. I'll play league and practice games if I already played you.

[quote name='Consummate Canuck']Anyone able to play tonight? Send me a PM if available.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what was going on in our game, but that was some really bad lag.

Ill be hoping on to play for a couple hours tonight. I've been putting LBP on the back burner to play this. Thats how into it I am. Still not very good though :p

bread's done
Back