NHL 10 $19.99 Best Buy In Store Screwup YMMV!

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Was at the Best Buy in Hyannis, MA today and they had a blue tag in the games saying NHL 10 for the Xbox 360 was on sale for $19.99 from 11/29-12/05. They honored it but took the sign down. The sale is supposed to be for NHL2K10.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryukahn']Sounds more like something to go in the Bragging forum, but nice score :)[/QUOTE]

I dont think he was trying to brag about the deal. I think he was giving us a heads up when we go into our local best buy. Or at least thats how i look at it.

If anyone has success like jedifrog for getting it at 19.99 at their local best buy let me know haha.

[quote name='akokonas']I dont think he was trying to brag about the deal. I think he was giving us a heads up when we go into our local best buy. Or at least thats how i look at it.[/QUOTE]

No, I think the point was that this probably isn't going to happen to anyone else but him.

[quote name='Survivalism']No, I think the point was that this probably isn't going to happen to anyone else but him.[/QUOTE]

Actually I WAS just telling everyone so they could try to grab it before every store hears about it. My friend and I don't have the cash for new sports games, so we were waiting to score NHL 09 on the cheap, so we can play each other on LIVE. Our other two friends are hockey fanatics and bought NHL 10 right away, so I was stoked to find this so now we can all play each other. Not to mention NHL 10 far outweighs NHL2K10 in terms of quality

I suggest hitting up the NHL 10 thread in the 360 area if before you decide to buy the game. I would pick it up for 20 how ever. But It's highly doubtful they have it there for that anymore.

[quote name='Survivalism']No, I think the point was that this probably isn't going to happen to anyone else but him.[/QUOTE]

It depends on whether the pricing screwup was a national one or just that one store. He mentioned a blue tag, which I don't think I've ever seen in a Best Buy before, so that leads me to think it's the latter.

Still, you never know...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']It depends on whether the pricing screwup was a national one or just that one store. He mentioned a blue tag, which I don't think I've ever seen in a Best Buy before, so that leads me to think it's the latter.

Still, you never know...[/QUOTE]

The blue tag was a small cardboard one that they stick on the shelves in the general area of the sale item. They're not the kind that can be printed out in-store, so I assumed it was at every store. I've seen them at the three Best Buys I've been to. Maybe it's just a Northeastern thing? Stores I've worked at(haven't worked for Best Buy)got tags like that from corporate when there were storewide sales. Typically got sent in a smaller box along with seasonal signage. Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a big deal, I just wanted to alert everyone so maybe they could find it at a Best Buy that didn't catch the mistake. I apologize if it's not storewide

[quote name='jedifrog21']Was at the Best Buy in Hyannis, MA today and they had a blue tag in the games saying NHL 10 for the Xbox 360 was on sale for $19.99 from 11/29-12/05. They honored it but took the sign down. The sale is supposed to be for NHL2K10.[/QUOTE]

I love that Best Buy. Used to score guides all the time, and Sbarro! It's like the only one around.
Anyways this just happened at my Best Buy here in Florida. I work AP and someone managed to get it for $19.99. We pulled the tag of course. It's really YMMV on any game at any store. This could happen to anything in the store at any time. Best time to check would be Sundays because that's when we do all the price tag changes.

Thanks jedi. It worked for me as well. The checkout guy had me show him the sign and then took it to the register for my checkout. I'm not sure if they were going to put it back up.

The Blue tag was up and still available at the Thousand Oaks location in California.

The tag was removed after I purchased my 3 copies however. It stated the original price was 39.99 which turned some heads but since it was a printed Best Buy advertisment the manager just overwrote it and then ripped up the card.

Score...I didn't want to press my luck and buy them all :)

I think they meant to discount NHL2K10 becuase it sucks...that price dropped to 39.99 regular price which would make sense.

Its hit and miss but you never know it might still be at your local best buy.

[quote name='TheBomb69']It's the best hockey game ever made.[/QUOTE]

QFT!

The only thing I liked about 2K10 was the camera angles and graphics presentation! Seriously, the opening light shows are great in 2k, and the Zamboni mini-game is kinda sweet too. If EA could somehow rip off these few strengths of 2K10, we would have the holy grail of hockey vids in NHL10. The camera system is really my only nagging complaint about NHL10. Its pure greatness otherwise! SCORE for the $20 price tag! Im going tomorrow to try and score a PS3 copy... Thanx OP!

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']brewin, I love your gamer pic. Mines the just the "B". I forgot which game I got it from though. I need to stop playing 07 and get 10![/QUOTE]

07! Holy crap youre gonna be in heaven! Ive played 07, 08, 09, and now 10 all religiously! I have an insane backlog of games and still have this crazy desire to boot up NHL 10! It has that "just ONE more game" addictiveness that few games can match!

I didn't read the entire thread so sorry if I'm copying information posted already.

I stopped in at Best Buy tonight to look at a TV I was considering purchasing and swung through the game section real quick on my way out and I saw the NHL 10 $19.99 sign. Its an official Best Buy sign so as long as they haven't taken it down yet, the deal should be good at all Best Buys. Good luck.

[quote name='brewin']07! Holy crap youre gonna be in heaven! Ive played 07, 08, 09, and now 10 all religiously! I have an insane backlog of games and still have this crazy desire to boot up NHL 10! It has that "just ONE more game" addictiveness that few games can match![/QUOTE]

Because it's NHL, what do you expect? ;)

The sign would be on the shelf where the game is. The blue signs are for games and dvd sales. It can happen to any game not just this one. I'll take a picture of one of them tomorrow and post it. Not the NHL10 one cause I know we took that one down.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']The sign would be on the shelf where the game is. The blue signs are for games and dvd sales. It can happen to any game not just this one. I'll take a picture of one of them tomorrow and post it. Not the NHL10 one cause I know we took that one down.[/QUOTE]

^This. Unfortunately, I was so excited to find it, I didn't think to take a picture either. Remember it ends tomorrow!

Deal is still good as of 30 minutes ago in Pensacola, FL when I picked up a copy for a gift. The cashier really wasn't familiar with games, neither was the supervisor that gave the override.

I picked it up in Christiana DE Best Buy. It rung up at $59.99 and it needed an over ride to bring it down to the $19.99 on the blue tag. I'm almost positive thia sale was ment for NHL2K10 not NHL 10. Thanks OP!!!!

FYI-The sign may have been taken down after I left so at this location it is YMMV as always.

I wont be able to go to my BB until later tonight. Can anyone tell me if this is for PS3 as well or only the 360 version? Thanks

[quote name='wrencrest']I wont be able to go to my BB until later tonight. Can anyone tell me if this is for PS3 as well or only the 360 version? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I specifically looked at this to get x-mas presents for some folks but they only own PS3's. I could not find the tag for the PS3 version. In fact they had sold out of the PS3 version of NHL 10. If anyone picked it up for the PS3 please comment.

Worked here in Denver, CO. It was awesome, they did everything to not allow it by calling a manager over and denying everything. But I showed them the blue tag.

It was funny cuz on the tag, it says "$39.99" with "$20" off (probably 2k10) BUT the sku on the blue tag matched with NHL 10 so they matched it and took the tag... hahaha

Only XBOX though, I was looking for a ps3 tag but no go.

Great find OP!

Sale ends 12/5, go get yours!

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I specifically looked at this to get x-mas presents for some folks but they only own PS3's. I could not find the tag for the PS3 version. In fact they had sold out of the PS3 version of NHL 10. If anyone picked it up for the PS3 please comment.[/QUOTE]

I didn't check in the PS3 aisle as I don't own one. The sale is for NHL2K10, it's in the ad for this week. It shows the 360 and PS3 version of 2K10 for $19.99, but I can only vouch for the 360 version being marked wrong. Hope this helps

I got it for the 360. They only had a sign at the store saying it was for the 360. I brought the sign to the cashier. The manager came over and had to override it. The cashier was like no way that was 20. But it went through. Thanks OP.

deal removed from Wellington, FL as well as West Palm Beach, FL. they just had empty signage.

:(

bread's done
Back