NHL 10 $19.99 Best Buy In Store Screwup YMMV!

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Was at the Best Buy in Hyannis, MA today and they had a blue tag in the games saying NHL 10 for the Xbox 360 was on sale for $19.99 from 11/29-12/05. They honored it but took the sign down. The sale is supposed to be for NHL2K10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP! Just got one (probably the last?) at Westwood, CA. The wrong price blue flag thing was in front of NFL Head Coach, of all places, and there weren't any NHL 10's to be seen-- they had all been moved to an EA-themed endcap. I had to bring the cashier (and 2 trainees) over, and they pointed to the NHL 2K10 sale price, but when I showed them the game name and SKU didn't match, they overrode it... they took the flag, not sure what will happen to it, though-- the manager just sort of glanced at it but didn't take it when he came to do the approval. They were pretty nice about it, though-- inititally skeptical but the sku match shot all arguments down fast.

Very happy about this deal, though!

(and also confirming this is ONLY the Xbox 360 version, unless you have a VERY forgiving cashier, as there is only one SKU on the sign, for the 360 version)

Just got mine in Long Island NY.

This is going to be a LOT more common than people think. Just look for the little blue sign near the games and if you dont see a copy have them get it from the back

Thanks a ton OP. Just scored a copy on my way home from work.

Cashier called the manager over who promptly told me that NHL 10 was not one of the games on sale. We took a walk back to the games section and I politely showed her the tag and pointed out the matching skus. She pulled the tag and price adjusted my copy. Tried to score a copy for a friend at a different best buy (did not want to press my luck by buying multiple copies at the first store) but there was no tag. Oh well. Glad to get one for myself as I have been kicking myself for not picking a copy up during one of the black Friday specials.

Scored 3 myself. No interest in the game, personally, but the workers didn't have a problem with it. Just said "wow, that's a good deal" and overrode it for me.

Thanks

0a78845fba70__1259945125000.jpg

Didnt get it.. they refused to price match it for me claiming the skus didnt match. Wasn't in a mood to argue any more so I just let it go... First store I tried didnt have the sign at all. Did not feel like going to a third store.

[quote name='Cyset']

Didnt get it.. they refused to price match it for me claiming the skus didnt match. Wasn't in a mood to argue any more so I just let it go... First store I tried didnt have the sign at all. Did not feel like going to a third store.[/QUOTE]

Good pic, sorry they were bald-faced lying because the SKUs absolutely do match... :/

[quote name='Cyset']

Didnt get it.. they refused to price match it for me claiming the skus didnt match. Wasn't in a mood to argue any more so I just let it go... First store I tried didnt have the sign at all. Did not feel like going to a third store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the picture. Sucks they wouldn't give it to you

Worked in Wilmington, NC. The blue sign was in the same aisle, about 2 rows below where the games were. About 5 copies left.

I'm really surprised stores were being a pain on this. Mine seemed more than happy to do it, didn't even mention a mistake. Just said cool.

Definitely gave me a good opportunity to build up a pile of Goozex points. $20 for 1000 points and I'm sending all three of mine. I'll have all the old games I've been waiting to go on sale.

I thought about being greedy and cleaning them out but I'm sure there's an Aesop fable about cleaning out your Local Best Buy on a glitched sale.

I SCORED 4!! ZOMG FINNALLY lol. I went to 3 different stores. 2 didnt have blue tag up. 3rd did. funny it was the closest to my house. THANKS SO MUCH. only got 4 I think cause i had someone with me. I know its usually 2 per person. Everyone its at RANDOM best buys. some have it up (the blue tag) and some have taken it down. (probably cause other people have caught it). heres the picture of it.
IMG00023-20091204-1555-1.jpg

[quote name='thetruf']its only for 360. ps3 wasnt mismarked checkd on it. ONLY 360.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks.. lol.. Still may pick it up and see if walmart will let me swap it out for the ps3 version..

[quote name='Justin42']Good pic, sorry they were bald-faced lying because the SKUs absolutely do match... :/[/QUOTE]

Yup! Should of had them scan it because the "SKU" on the game box itself doesn't match.. but the SKU that was scanned matched perfectly..

Oh well, some are luckier than others ;)

I found the blue tag at a store that was OOS, tried to get them to let me buy the PS3 version for $20 or get a rain check and they wouldn't do either.

Got mine for $20 in a southern CT store, manager override and threw away the tag like others have posted. Thanks a ton OP!

Dammit, I tried all 4 BBs that are within reasonable driving distance and came up empty at all four. Really would have liked to have gotten in on this one. . .

OP if you ever...ever need a blowjob, I owe you one! :drool:

Decided to try my local Best Buy this morning at opening at 9A.M. I've converted to poor full time student so have no funds really to speak of to blow $60. Anyway, I rush into the store with that "omgwhatsgonnahappen" goosebump feeling. I get to the isle and there is the sign! However I couldn't find a copy of the game. Searched the whole damn bay and found one behind some Star Wars game! Bring it up before they even put in registers and give the girl the "Oh. But it says $19.99..." saying and look. She asks me to show her and I bring her to the isle to notice that the sign is missing! Now is the appropriate time to turn to defense mode and I tell her there was a sign right here a moment ago. Manager then gets involved, he openly says he knows the culprit. At that point I know I'm getting the deal as I could become ripshit and throw around inside job theory's.

Pretty damn good snag and great start to my day as I hummed the ESPN/NHL theme the short trip back! Thanks again!

Yep, worked for me last night. I was rather surprised that the sign was still out. You would think that Best Buy would send out a mass email telling the clerks to remove the sign. The guy that went back and checked it said that's crazy and was going to buy one himself. He thanked me.

The BB I went to yesterday had the sign up and they didn't even have any copies of the game in stock. I was just curious to see if they had the sign up since I bought the game when it released. I wonder if they pulled all the copies and just left the sign up or if they had no problem selling the ones they had at that price.

I got in on this screw up at a local Best Buy last night . I went there to spend a $15 rewards zone certificate and walked away with a $59.99 game I paid $5 and some change for. IT was a bit of a hassle clerk needed to see sign so I showed her then the Manager that had to adjust the price went to double check and came back with NHL 09 saying that was 19.99 not NHL 10. So I walked back showed the sign and she took it down and I got my new copy of NHL 10 for 5 bucks!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back