NHL 11 PS3 EASHL CAG Team

CRH7386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Alright fellow CAG's I created an EASHL team called CheapAssGamer (CAG), and so whoever is interested, you can sign up here. I will keep this thread up to date with our roster of players and any other info necessary but all you have to do to sign up is post on here saying you want in with your PSN name, then send me a friend request on PSN and just write in the request "NHL 11 EASHL" and I will invite you to the team. My PSN name is YesterdaysRising. I hope to see everyone there, it should be fun! :D

If you go to this link, you can login to your EA account and see our club. It's got lots of info. There are achievements, records, results from games, all sorts of stuff you can see. It also shows if anyone is online so you can check without having to turn you PS3 on. It's pretty cool. Check it out! NHL 11 Club

:ps3:ROSTER:ps3:
*CAG Name - PSN Name - Position*
CRH7386 - YesterdaysRising - Center
Jaydepps - Jaydepps - Left Wing
triplehelix - mhedden - Right Wing
noisesquared - noisesquared - Defense

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give some pointers. I am trying to learn the dekes as my player scores almost all his goals on one timers. Also, anyone have any advice on staying on your feet. It seems my guy is knocked over every time a strong breeze comes through. Thanks

[quote name='jaydepps']Can anyone give some pointers. I am trying to learn the dekes as my player scores almost all his goals on one timers. Also, anyone have any advice on staying on your feet. It seems my guy is knocked over every time a strong breeze comes through. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well, your guy probably gets knocked over because I would assume he's pretty weak at the moment. The more you develop your guy in be a pro, the stronger he will get and he won't just fall over when someone touches him. I've actually gotten really good at dekes lately. I score pretty much every time I get around a defender. I personally don't like using L1 to perform dekes as it seems to go into more of an animation than letting you have total control so what I like to do is when I'm coming in on a defender, hold the puck to your backhand side with the right stick and when you get pretty close to him, pull the right stick down and around to the other side in a half circle motion and you'll see a little move where he kind of flips it back and then to your forehand which should easily get you an open shot and if you take a wrist shot right away to one of the top corners, you should have quite a bit of luck scoring that way. This also works well one on one with the goalie. Also, when I get one on one with the goalie, I like to hold the puck to the outside depending on which side you're coming in on and then a little before you're at the net, flick your right stick straight back across the crease and then up to get a quick shot which you will score the majority of the time as you get good with it. Try this stuff out in practice and let me know how it goes. Maybe sometime soon we can get a practice session going with team and go over some stuff since there is a practice mode now for the team. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks I'm going into practice now. I've always played the NHL game, but never really was much more than a sniper. Thanks for the tips.

Thanks been practicing them a bit now and going forehand to backhand and vice versa both work almost everytime. I'm getting the hang of the spinarama, but that one is harder to manage.

L1 + the right stick is more of a deke to get around defenders and not really for trying to fake out the goalie, and this probably goes without saying, but depending on your player type and size, your dekes aren't as effective

bg88 - Fantana88 - Would play any position, although I see Defense is all that is open right now, which would be fine with me.:whee:

Thanks for the tips. Just played 3 games and scored 3 goals in the first game, 2 in the second, and 5 in the third. Best few games I've ever had.

[quote name='jaydepps']Thanks for the tips. Just played 3 games and scored 3 goals in the first game, 2 in the second, and 5 in the third. Best few games I've ever had.[/QUOTE]

Nice job! I'm definitely planning on being online this weekend so hopefully we can get a few people on and get some practice or games in.

Thanks, now that I got my scoring touch down a little bit, I just need to better my defense and try not to get hit so much. When would you guys be able to practice a bit?

[quote name='jaydepps']Thanks, now that I got my scoring touch down a little bit, I just need to better my defense and try not to get hit so much. When would you guys be able to practice a bit?[/QUOTE]

I'll be able to play tomorrow night and this weekend.

If you're still looking for bodies, I'll give it a shot - noisesquared/noisesquared/wing or d.

I've only got about 12 games of drop-in under my belt so my skills are really lacking, but I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

[quote name='noisesquared']If you're still looking for bodies, I'll give it a shot - noisesquared/noisesquared/wing or d.

I've only got about 12 games of drop-in under my belt so my skills are really lacking, but I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.[/QUOTE]

Ya, definitely! We are looking for all the CAGs that want to play. As long as we all have fun is what matters. And I'm sure everyone will get better the more we play :)

I just wanted to let you all know that I posted a link in the OP so you can go to EA's website and see all the info on our club once you login. Our stat's and results and everything. By the way, that team with the ridiculous slap shot is 252-55 and ranked 13th overall so they don't lose often. I'm sure they're players all have they're legendary cards but hopefully we can all get there eventually. See you guys on the ice!

Anyone gonna be on later? I need to play with some competent players. I just had two games in a row that pissed me off... First was with that idiot Babe86Ruth who just sits and waits out the timers before games begin. He then chose goalie and all he does is skate into the offensive zone. I quit after the first goal. Then, I played one last game before the Phillies game, and I had a horrible goalie who let in 6 goals on 8 shots. My +/- is crap now and I quit that game too so my DNF % has gone up I imagine since those are my only 2 quits until now.

[quote name='jaydepps']Anyone gonna be on later? I need to play with some competent players. I just had two games in a row that pissed me off... First was with that idiot Babe86Ruth who just sits and waits out the timers before games begin. He then chose goalie and all he does is skate into the offensive zone. I quit after the first goal. Then, I played one last game before the Phillies game, and I had a horrible goalie who let in 6 goals on 8 shots. My +/- is crap now and I quit that game too so my DNF % has gone up I imagine since those are my only 2 quits until now.[/QUOTE]

Ya, some of those drop-in games really suck because you end up with people like that. I'm gonna try to get on later but I'm not positive. I'm trying to get a bunch of homework done so it depends on how that goes. How late can you play till?

[quote name='jaydepps']I don't need to get up early tomorrow so I will likely be up till 2/3 ET[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll be on in a few minutes. We went up like 600 spots in the standings yesterday after winning those 2 games :D

[quote name='jaydepps']Anyone gonna be on later? I need to play with some competent players. I just had two games in a row that pissed me off... First was with that idiot Babe86Ruth who just sits and waits out the timers before games begin. He then chose goalie and all he does is skate into the offensive zone. I quit after the first goal. Then, I played one last game before the Phillies game, and I had a horrible goalie who let in 6 goals on 8 shots. My +/- is crap now and I quit that game too so my DNF % has gone up I imagine since those are my only 2 quits until now.[/QUOTE]

I immediately backout of any game with Babe86Ruth in the lobby - guys like that ruin the drop in games. They definitley need to add a player kick feature.

Had a good time friday, in spite of my crappy play and the wonderful EA mic issues. I'm usually on weeknights after 9:30-10:00 for a few hours - if anyone wants to set up a practice, I could use it :D BTW, has anyone tried using the PSN+ voice chat in place of the in game voice chat? Or is it even possible? The in game voice seemed to work about every 3rd game, otherwise it was just a mess of choppy noise.

[quote name='noisesquared']I immediately backout of any game with Babe86Ruth in the lobby - guys like that ruin the drop in games. They definitley need to add a player kick feature.

Had a good time friday, in spite of my crappy play and the wonderful EA mic issues. I'm usually on weeknights after 9:30-10:00 for a few hours - if anyone wants to set up a practice, I could use it :D BTW, has anyone tried using the PSN+ voice chat in place of the in game voice chat? Or is it even possible? The in game voice seemed to work about every 3rd game, otherwise it was just a mess of choppy noise.[/QUOTE]

Ya, Friday was fun! I don't think anyone really played great. We just need more practice playing together. I will try to be on at night during the week when I can and I don't have homework. We definitely should set up some practice soon. Does PSN+ actually have the voice chat feature? I thought I read that it doesn't actually have it even though they said it was going to? I don't know, I'll have to check into it. Ya, EA really needs to figure out the mic situation cause it really sucks to just listen to people cutting in and out the whole time and not being able to communicate. I was also thinking that we could just use Skype for everyone to talk since it's free so everyone could get it.

[quote name='CRH7386']Ya, Friday was fun! I don't think anyone really played great. We just need more practice playing together. I will try to be on at night during the week when I can and I don't have homework. We definitely should set up some practice soon. Does PSN+ actually have the voice chat feature? I thought I read that it doesn't actually have it even though they said it was going to? I don't know, I'll have to check into it. Ya, EA really needs to figure out the mic situation cause it really sucks to just listen to people cutting in and out the whole time and not being able to communicate. I was also thinking that we could just use Skype for everyone to talk since it's free so everyone could get it.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure about the PSN+ chat capability - I had meant to pick PSN+ up, but couldn't justify the $ for what I'd use it for. Oh well - as long as everyone realizes if I don't answer when I'm spoken to, it's not that I'm ignoring them, it's that my headset has been taken off until the damn thing works again :lol:

Does anyone have any tips for building up a player? I've got the rookie card so I think I have 900xp to burn on each attribute set. I've found I can get my overall anywhere from 74-76 depending on my player type and allocations, but where's the best place to spend the xp as a d-man?

[quote name='jaydepps']How does Skype work on the PS3? I know how to use it on the PC but never tried it through the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I meant Skype on a PC. Like, just have your computer on while playing if everyone doesn't mind. I wish Skype would be made for the PS3. They have Skype for PSP but I don't know if they will ever have it for PS3.

Hey, i'd love to get in on this. I wanted to do this last year but there wasn't much interest. I've been playing since nhl 09 and although I've played mostly hut in 11 I played around 300 club games in 10 and know how to play. I can play anywhere (including in net) but I usually prefer to be on a wing.

Hopefuly you've got room for me as I'm a good player and the reason I havn't been playing is that I've gotten tired of pick up games with random players that hate teamwork.

Psn: mhedden
I have a mic too btw.

Hope to see you on the ice, I can play most afternoons/evenings as long as I don't have work and the ducks arn't playing :p

[quote name='triplehelix']Hey, i'd love to get in on this. I wanted to do this last year but there wasn't much interest. I've been playing since nhl 09 and although I've played mostly hut in 11 I played around 300 club games in 10 and know how to play. I can play anywhere (including in net) but I usually prefer to be on a wing.

Hopefuly you've got room for me as I'm a good player and the reason I havn't been playing is that I've gotten tired of pick up games with random players that hate teamwork.

Psn: mhedden
I have a mic too btw.

Hope to see you on the ice, I can play most afternoons/evenings as long as I don't have work and the ducks arn't playing :p[/QUOTE]

Of course there's room. The more players the better! :D I sent you the invite, so welcome to the team!

Hey I'd love to join too! My PSN is DiiShen, but I must admit I'm quite new to the game (first hockey game for me), please send me an invite if there's space! I'm highly competitive and will learn quick =)

[quote name='diishen']Hey I'd love to join too! My PSN is DiiShen, but I must admit I'm quite new to the game (first hockey game for me), please send me an invite if there's space! I'm highly competitive and will learn quick =)[/QUOTE]

Invite sent. Welcome to the team!

I blew my chance to finally play with the CAG team last night. I hadn't accepted the invite to the team yet so I tried to send the team an invite request and it told me I was already invited and that I should accept the invite in My Player Hub area. The only problem was it took me like 10 damn minutes to find the hub area where you can check your messages and shit ARGH! By the time I was all set to go you guys were already in a game so then I just played some of my Ultimate Team and went to bed. One of these days it will work out I swear one of these days lol.

[quote name='cgarb84']I blew my chance to finally play with the CAG team last night. I hadn't accepted the invite to the team yet so I tried to send the team an invite request and it told me I was already invited and that I should accept the invite in My Player Hub area. The only problem was it took me like 10 damn minutes to find the hub area where you can check your messages and shit ARGH! By the time I was all set to go you guys were already in a game so then I just played some of my Ultimate Team and went to bed. One of these days it will work out I swear one of these days lol.[/QUOTE]

Ya, sorry about starting but I wasn't sure if you were gonna play or not. I tried waiting but I figured you were busy. But definitely next time, now that you accepted the invite. That's one thing I think they need to fix. The player hub area isn't the easiest to find a navigate. But anyways, I'm sure I'll be on tonight at some point.

Anybody interested in setting a time when we can try to get together? I'm good for most any weeknight at 9:30-10:00 PM CST til 'round 1AM. Thoughts?

[quote name='noisesquared']Anybody interested in setting a time when we can try to get together? I'm good for most any weeknight at 9:30-10:00 PM CST til 'round 1AM. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to set a time, but sometimes it's tough with my school work. I get on pretty much ever night I can though. But if we decide on a day, I'll try to be available if possible. I just wish EA's servers were a little better and the mics actually worked...

[quote name='CRH7386']I'd like to set a time, but sometimes it's tough with my school work. I get on pretty much ever night I can though. But if we decide on a day, I'll try to be available if possible. I just wish EA's servers were a little better and the mics actually worked...[/QUOTE]

One of the fringe benefits of being married w/ children is that the schedule does stay pretty constant - once everyone else in the house is down for the night, I'm available as long as I can stay awake :D

I was just thinking if we had a target weekly time, we might be able to get some more participation and games in. I'm still all for getting in games whenever though - I've been on a lot over the last week, and I finally feel like I'm starting to get somewhere.

And the servers last night seemed much better - played some drop in games, without any lag or disconnects. Mic's still suck though.

I've played almost exclusively in HUT mode. I'd like to give this mode a try, but I don't want to drag the team down with me. I also don't have any sort of mic/headset setup. I can work on that part, but any tips on whether this mode is easy to pick up. Any tips?

[quote name='noisesquared']One of the fringe benefits of being married w/ children is that the schedule does stay pretty constant - once everyone else in the house is down for the night, I'm available as long as I can stay awake :D

I was just thinking if we had a target weekly time, we might be able to get some more participation and games in. I'm still all for getting in games whenever though - I've been on a lot over the last week, and I finally feel like I'm starting to get somewhere.

And the servers last night seemed much better - played some drop in games, without any lag or disconnects. Mic's still suck though.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so, I'm gonna schedule this for this week and see how it turns out. Tuesday and Thursday night this week at 8pm ET we will have a CAG practice and games if we want to play some. I'm hoping everyone can show up and we can get some practice in, maybe some games, and hopefully see who's best at what positions. I want to have fun with this but I think if we got good, it would be nice. I'm sure everyone has a competitive side and hopes to win too :D So let's get some practice going. I hope to see everyone there, even if you can only make it for a bit! See yout there CAGs!

[quote name='ncfoster']I've played almost exclusively in HUT mode. I'd like to give this mode a try, but I don't want to drag the team down with me. I also don't have any sort of mic/headset setup. I can work on that part, but any tips on whether this mode is easy to pick up. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

You can definitely join up! Everyone is welcome :D And the more you play, the better you'll get! You don't need a mic, as it doesn't usually work well anyways, haha. But if you get one, most of us try to use one. If not, no big deal. But just try playing be a pro mode and if you like it, then it's just like this, except with other people. You play your own player the whole time and never switch. Give it a try and let me know if you want to play and I'll send you an invite!

[quote name='CRH7386']Alright, so, I'm gonna schedule this for this week and see how it turns out. Tuesday and Thursday night this week at 8pm ET we will have a CAG practice and games if we want to play some. I'm hoping everyone can show up and we can get some practice in, maybe some games, and hopefully see who's best at what positions. I want to have fun with this but I think if we got good, it would be nice. I'm sure everyone has a competitive side and hopes to win too :D So let's get some practice going. I hope to see everyone there, even if you can only make it for a bit! See yout there CAGs![/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I'll try and get on there at some point, but 7PM CST is tough. Hopefully, enough of you guys can get on there and build the CAG team into a powerhouse that can carry/cover me when I can make it :lol:

Sorry I could not make it tonight. I am currently writing the worst essay of my life. It is taking forever.

[quote name='jaydepps']Sorry I could not make it tonight. I am currently writing the worst essay of my life. It is taking forever.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Nobody made it but me anyways...

Good games last night, despite the usually bad outcomes. I looked up the team that destroyed us, and saw they are an Elite team with something like a 120W/20L record. Outside of that, I thought we hung in there pretty well for a first night with a 4 man team.

I'm thinking in the future, when we get a 3-4 man team on, we probably should have one human D. The Elite team that crushed us used that format - 2 good F, and then a D to prevent breakaways and start the breakout. Computer controlled D is probably very predictable when playing the higher end teams. I'm fine with playing D myself, and it probably helps hide my offensive inadequacies too. Thoughts?

[quote name='noisesquared']Good games last night, despite the usually bad outcomes. I looked up the team that destroyed us, and saw they are an Elite team with something like a 120W/20L record. Outside of that, I thought we hung in there pretty well for a first night with a 4 man team.

I'm thinking in the future, when we get a 3-4 man team on, we probably should have one human D. The Elite team that crushed us used that format - 2 good F, and then a D to prevent breakaways and start the breakout. Computer controlled D is probably very predictable when playing the higher end teams. I'm fine with playing D myself, and it probably helps hide my offensive inadequacies too. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Wow, ya, those guys are 41st overall and 27th in the Elite league this month. I think it's definitely a good idea to have a human D since the computer CPU just makes dumb decisions and is not the best at making fairly accurate passes. I wish they would show you stats about the team your playing while the game is loading so we know what we're up against. But I'm gonna try to start playing a bunch of drop in games as goalie. I think having a good human controlled goalie is really important since the our computer controlled seems to sit there sometimes. I mean, I know I've let in my fair share of goals but I haven't really had much practice yet.

[quote name='CRH7386']Wow, ya, those guys are 41st overall and 27th in the Elite league this month. I think it's definitely a good idea to have a human D since the computer CPU just makes dumb decisions and is not the best at making fairly accurate passes. I wish they would show you stats about the team your playing while the game is loading so we know what we're up against. But I'm gonna try to start playing a bunch of drop in games as goalie. I think having a good human controlled goalie is really important since the our computer controlled seems to sit there sometimes. I mean, I know I've let in my fair share of goals but I haven't really had much practice yet.[/QUOTE]

I thought both you and mhedden were really solid in goal last night - the game against the elite team was impossible. Those guys were too good at everything for us to have a chance. I like the idea of on a 4 man team lining up w/ 2F, 1D, 1G. I'm going to goof around with a defensive d-man build tonight and see how that looks.

bread's done
Back