NHL 2007 Season Thread

VipFREAK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Yup it's that time of the year again!

Leaving where they left off from last year the Sharts are trying to see how bad they can get this year so I'll be going for Sens like last year...

My sis and dad got season tickets once again. I am pretty much only going for this. :dopey:

Picture2.png

Picture1.png

A couple teams are already 3-0 and 4-0. Hope the Blackhawks and Kings can at least make the playoffs this year. I have high hopes for LA. They have the talent.

The crazy trades during the summer will most certainly help Philly and the Rangers.

That Paul Stastny kid is a freak, man! Hart Trophy, or at least Art Ross???

Wow. Toronto couldn't do much of anything right tonight. Good for Cam Ward, though. Carolina deserves a good season this year.

Edit: Damn you, DirecTV for making me wait for Versus HD!!!! I was promised to have it by the end of this week. Tomorrow would be nice, then I could watch the Rangers/Islanders.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Go Whalers ;)[/QUOTE]
They should bring the team back - as if Tampa or other southern teams deserve to be there...

Go Sabres! 0-2 baby!

Sabers!! w00t w00t.. even though i don't follow hockey at all. I sorta know their roster though, but thats as far as my hockey knowledge goes at this point.

Who won it all last year? Hockey gets little to know coverage around here, lol

[quote name='shieryda']Wow. Toronto couldn't do much of anything right tonight. Good for Cam Ward, though. Carolina deserves a good season this year.

Edit: Damn you, DirecTV for making me wait for Versus HD!!!! I was promised to have it by the end of this week. Tomorrow would be nice, then I could watch the Rangers/Islanders.[/QUOTE]

It was disappointing tonight. We were incredibly unlucky.

On a side note, I hope Chicago makes the playoffs. They fans deserve it after the shit they've been put through.

[quote name='Mike23']It was disappointing tonight. We were incredibly unlucky.

On a side note, I hope Chicago makes the playoffs. They fans deserve it after the shit they've been put through.[/quote]

Yes, and with the owner croaking, maybe the fans get will some respect. Home games on tv would be nice. So would a better team for once. We've got some great young players, so it may take a couple years (provided we don't trade away our decent players). And Havlat needs to stay healthy.

Wow... just wow... Someone PLEASE tell the Sharts they arn't playing horseshoes. Good fucking lord...

17 Mil to "upgrade" the Shart tank? Maybe they should've used it else where... :roll:

[quote name='shieryda']Yes, and with the owner croaking, maybe the fans get will some respect. Home games on tv would be nice. So would a better team for once. We've got some great young players, so it may take a couple years (provided we don't trade away our decent players). And Havlat needs to stay healthy.[/QUOTE]
You guys got that one dude from Buffalo - supposed to be a big help.

Glad to see there are big changes in Chicago this year. Now if they can only keep Havlat healthy.

The Wings look good so far as well.

Watched a very good game between the Pens and Leafs last night. Man the Pens are fun to watch.

[quote name='TC']Glad to see there are big changes in Chicago this year. Now if they can only keep Havlat healthy.

The Wings look good so far as well.

Watched a very good game between the Pens and Leafs last night. Man the Pens are fun to watch.[/quote]

You must have jinxed us or something, but I can't complain with how the hawks have been playing lately.....they are looking very good. I just pray they can make it to the playoffs this year.

[quote name='Prepster']You must have jinxed us or something, but I can't complain with how the hawks have been playing lately.....they are looking very good. I just pray they can make it to the playoffs this year.[/QUOTE]

Kane & Toews are going to be fun to watch for a long time.

This year has been crazy with all the suspensions. I personally feel that the guys aren't getting penalized enough for hits to the head, or checking from behind. It's high time these guys get the book thrown at them, especially the bums and repeat offenders.

I hate Hockey, mainly because of the strike a couple years ago that was pointless.

"I want 40 million!" - One side
"We want 35 million!" - Other side

[quote name='Prepster']Finally the games will be back on tv and maybe the fans will start showing up for the games. Hopefully this will also start some sort of trend where we actuall start playing good? I can only hope...[/quote]

Calder will go to either Kane or Toews. Can't wait till this weekend when Kane's rc comes out!!!

[quote name='shieryda'] Hope the Blackhawks and Kings can at least make the playoffs this year. I have high hopes for LA. They have the talent.
[/quote]

Kings are 7-8. I hope they make the playoffs too. Regardless, they should be in the playoffs and contenders for the cup for years to come. Kopitar, Cammalleri, Brown, Frolov, O'sullivan, Visnovsky, J. Johnson and Bernier. Sweet!!!

Aside from Dallas continuing their "choking" you know the pacific div. Sucks when LA is actually in the race for first.

Tukka Rask gets his first career win last night vs. Toronto. Congratulations, Mr. Rask. I hope that your rookie season is full of wins. Now I gotta get a couple of your rookie cards!

Hilarious to see JR get #500 in that manner. Awesome player throughout his career. On and off the ice.

Hawks have owned the Wings so far this year without Havlat! My girl says its the Lang curse :D

Wow... just wow.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssH704m09q4[/media]

Oh Wowwie.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obp8G2JFgkM[/media]

Datsyuk had 2 nifty goals against Calgary the other night. I'm surprised he's not scoring more this season.

It will be crazy if Ovechkin wins the scoring title this year. Too bad his team can't buy any wins. Maybe they'll have better luck with a new coach.

Ovechkin is a human highlight reel. Hell I don' even mind his over the top celebrations.

Wings trounced the Frightning tonight. Lightning is my second favorite team, but I don't get to see them often. Vinny looks like he's out of gas, and damn those guys need Dan Boyle back quickly. Their puck movement sucks.

Goddamn Atlanta loses again. At least Kovalchuk got a goal.

TJ Henisck makes his debut tonight for Colorado!

Luongo gets his 3rd straight shut-out. The man is a machine. I hope he wins the Vezina.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Oh wow... OWNED!

2003051035759825746_rs.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Should give them some much needed confidence. My man Ovechkin had 4 goals!

He's a monster, Ovechkin.

Hopefully the Leafs sign him as a restricted FA. I'd give 5 first round picks, easily.

Geez... Ottawa got OWNED again! lol

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone watching the Winter Classic [/quote]

Yeah I did! fucking awesome!

Winter Classic was fun to watch. My wife watched it with me, and during the shoot-out, she said "How come Crosby isn't in the shootout?" We thought that he would have been the first to shoot, but then he eventually got his turn and got the game-winner!

fucking Hawks got spanked by LA.

I just don't know who is better right now: Kovalchuk or Ovechkin. They are both just amazing.

Glad to see that Zetterberg is back for Detroit.

Canada/Finland game was pretty good, too. Can't wait to see some of those guys in the NHL a couple years from now.

I see that Toews left the game last night with a knee injury, and results from an MRI are expected shortly.

fuck ya! Go Minnesota!

You better win Sharts...

In other news... How does Washington decimate Ottawa 3 time but lose in a shutout to Boston?
127fs4573872.gif

bread's done
Back