NHL 2K8 (360) $20.94 On Amazon

NHL 2k8 has a 71 Metacritic score, NHL 08 (EA's game) has an 85. That is probably why the 2k8 game sunk in price so quickly while the EA one holds up. It's probably worth the upgrade in price to get the significantly better game.

Don't think I've seen Amazon do weird 43 cent pricing before, I was all suspecting this to be a marketplace listing. I would offer to sell a sealed PS3 version for 24.43 shipped but I'm probably going to trade it into Blockbuster tomorrow.

NHL 08 is better, and I may wait for the inevitable sports-game price drop on it, but this is still a good deal.

NHL 08 is a far superiour game yet I have A LOT more fun in 2k8 and I don't know why. I don't like how checking has almost been completely removed from NHL 08 and it is hilarious in 2k8, so that has a lot to do with it.

nice avatar monsta mack... back on topic, NHL 08 is definitely better than NHL 2k8... but if you dig hockey you can't really complain for $20-25 for this years game...

[quote name='Sneaktip']I'm a huge hockey fan, especially 2k hockey since 2k3. But EA's product is better this year.[/QUOTE]

quotin dis

Bought 2k3 to 2k7, went with NHL 08 this year and glad I did

I recently got NHL 2k7 for the 360. Has anyone else played this? What are the best settings for someone who doesn't watch hockey. I know it has a simulation type mode and an arcade one (default). It also has a cinematic mode and a regular one (one plays music and stuff, its kinda weird for a sports game).

bread's done
Back