Ni No Kuni $20 Amazon

Anyone know if the $10 LEGO Marvel promotion can be combined with this? If so, I might pre-order LEGO Marvel and apply the $10 credit toward this.

You guys are hardcore, according to my calculations, all of my fillers averages to only $40 a year. And these "fillers" are usually small cosmetics that my wife would buy from Sephora anyways.
If your Prime account is shared across your family, you don't have to buy filler and get faster shipping,

you can use Amazon Instant Video app on a roku box, PS3 or media pc, and you can use the Kindle Lending library, there's lots of value that make it a really good deal.

Now, I guess if you don't have a Kindle, already have netflix and don't have anyone to share the benefits with, the $80 is a lot pricer.

Last edited by a moderator:
im guessing $20 will be universal price in mid August. you need to wait until mid august to recieve this game. Still good find! 

Sold! Been waiting for it to drop to 20 since release. I have had the stragey guide still sealed waiting for the day this would finally be on sale. Looks like its on back order? Says ships 1 to 3 weeks?

Despite my massive backlog, I had to jump on this. $20 was my asking price; ended up getting it for $10 + tax (so lame NJ has Amazon tax now) after promo credit.

If your Prime account is shared across your family, you don't have to buy filler and get faster shipping,

you can use Amazon Instant Video app on a roku box, PS3 or media pc, and you can use the Kindle Lending library, there's lots of value that make it a really good deal.

Now, I guess if you don't have a Kindle, already have netflix and don't have anyone to share the benefits with, the $80 is a lot pricer.
Yeah you don't save any money with prime if a membership is $80 a year. Amazon instant video means nothing to me as I have Netflix.

Spending $80 a year on a membership to get faster shipping cost more then just using filler items, I think the only people its good for is college kids as they get the membership at a discount, possibly even free.

Deals officially dead. Amazon now has it listed as $29.98 and no its not a third party. Glad I got my order in last night, just sucks I have to wait 1-3 weeks. ;(

FYI for anyone interested, I got this price matched at Target with Best Buy's current price (19.99) without any issues. Warning: CityTarget's will not honor a price match, only the regular Targets.

$20 is a steal for this game.  I got well over 100 hours of play out of my copy.  It's not the greatest game ever but it's incredibly gorgeous and I felt compelled to get the platinum trophy.

The hardcover strategy guide is a must as well.  If anybody wants mine, along with the maps and charts I created that to get the platinum, feel free to PM me.

$20 is a steal for this game. I got well over 100 hours of play out of my copy. It's not the greatest game ever but it's incredibly gorgeous and I felt compelled to get the platinum trophy.

The hardcover strategy guide is a must as well. If anybody wants mine, along with the maps and charts I created that to get the platinum, feel free to PM me.
Why is the guide a must? I typically don't like to use guides, so I'm curious why you say that.

Why is the guide a must? I typically don't like to use guides, so I'm curious why you say that.
I wouldn't say the guide is a must. I bought the guide on release day and I don't think I ever really used it. I found it a lot more convenient to just look online for where a particular familiar or item was then flip through the guide. The gold Hurly you get with the guide is also pretty lackluster.

I bought the game at launch and I just now got around to finishing it. It was a pretty good game but it isn't without flaws. The game does feel a bit grindy at times when it comes to alchemy but you can easily avoid that and the AI is pretty lackluster. The familiars have a bit of a Pokemon effect where I wasn't really compelled to try out different familiars after I saw what would be an optimum familiar. I only changed out 2 of my familiars that I received in the opening areas towards the end of the game. There are some very good familiars you can get very early in the game.

I did like some of the post-game content though and that is well worth exploring some of it.

Well, for one thing, it's really, really attractive. But also because of the maps - the game is terrible about location names and map locations, which can make it tough to get around. I used the guide for that more than anything else.

I wouldn't say the guide is a must. I bought the guide on release day and I don't think I ever really used it. I found it a lot more convenient to just look online for where a particular familiar or item was then flip through the guide. The gold Hurly you get with the guide is also pretty lackluster.

I bought the game at launch and I just now got around to finishing it. It was a pretty good game but it isn't without flaws. The game does feel a bit grindy at times when it comes to alchemy but you can easily avoid that and the AI is pretty lackluster. The familiars have a bit of a Pokemon effect where I wasn't really compelled to try out different familiars after I saw what would be an optimum familiar. I only changed out 2 of my familiars that I received in the opening areas towards the end of the game. There are some very good familiars you can get very early in the game.

I did like some of the post-game content though and that is well worth exploring some of it.
highly unlikely, the game sold poorly.

How did you get free shipping without Prime?

I got mine shipped for $19.99 on it's own without prime.

That's because I added a pre-order and requested they ship them separately.

Had I not done the request my account looked like it wouldn't have shipped Ni no kuni until GTA V released.

Item Subtotal: $19.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Super Saver Discount: -$0.00 Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00 Total Before Tax: $19.99 Shipment Total: $19.99 Paid by Gift Certificate: $19.99

Had I not done the request my account looked like it wouldn't have shipped Ni no kuni until GTA V released.

Item Subtotal: $19.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Super Saver Discount: -$0.00 Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00 Total Before Tax: $19.99 Shipment Total: $19.99 Paid by Gift Certificate: $19.99
And just cancel the preorder afterwards? Now I feel stupid for not thinking of this before.

And just cancel the preorder afterwards? Now I feel stupid for not thinking of this before.
No I didn't do that. That would be abuse of them. Probably wouldn't be able to keep on doing that before you'd get in trouble. That would work as like a one time thing.

I am keeping my pre-order just didn't want to wait till then for ni no kuni to ship. Other wise I would have just got something for $5 bucks as filler.

They ship seperately even if one is a future pre-order & seems to have same shipping date. I have done this several times.

Since Amazon has updated the look, it calculates the difference in amount if you cancel a partial order, so I don't think this would have worked. In the past it would have, but their new system is stupid (smarter?)!

I just tried this in my cart, you are right, standard shipping is free, it wasn't like this when it was $19.99.
It's $19.99 with free standard shipping now, and was the 1st day of this sale when I checked it out (for me at least, it showed up).

Ordered late Wednesday night and got the game today. I'm happy. The price is good enough that I don't have to feel rushed getting to it. I can put it in my backlog with peace of mind that the value won't keep depreciating.

I don't think this game will go cheaper then $20 it has too high of a demand.

bread's done
Back