Nice Little EB Findings.

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
While out shopping today with my Aunt and Cousin visiting from out of state, I decided to make a quick stop at an EBGames inside the outlet mall which we were out. While browsing through the store I noticed they still had some classic plastic games (SNES, NES, GEN), and right away I spotted the Black and Red Sticker on an SNES Cart. Sure enough there was a mint condition Final Fantasy II game. Upon further inspection the game yielded a $24.99 price tag, so I decided to pass it up.

I dug a little deeper through the Classic Game Section and spotted 2 very fine NES RPG's. There they were Dragon Warrior II and Dragon Warrior III right in front of me. Assuming I would find the same way too high price tags the Final Fantasy cart had I didn't get my hopes too high. Yet as I glanced at the upper right hand corner where the sticker rested, my heart skipped a beat... $2.99 each! I quickly snagged the two carts as well as Ultima Exodus.

I decided to continue looking through the store and found a couple more games. A complete and mint SaGa Frontier for the PS1 at $8.99, and the somewhat uncommon "2002 World of Outlaw Sprint Cars" for PS2 at $17.99.

As I go to the register to check out, someone calls the store, and I let the cashier take it before he rings me out. The customer apparenly asks if they have some game in stock and the cashier walks out from behind the counter and walks back with Final Fantasy II in hand. He scans it and tells the customer "Yeah, we actually do have one in stock and it is $9.99." At that point I was a little sunk that I didn't grab it and ask for a price check. Anyway, the Cashier then says over the phone, "Ok dont forget to bring in your old games to trade in... etc..." He then proceeds to put the game back. Stunned, I ask him if they weren't going to come and pick that game up, and he responded no, they apparently weren't really that interested in driving that far to come get it. So I gladly pick it up and check out.

Long story short, I walked out of the store with:
World of Outlaw Sprint Cars - $17.99
Saga Frontier - $9.99
Ultima Exodus - $1.99
Dragon Warrior II - $2.99
Dragon Warrior III - $2.99
Final Fantasy II - $9.99
Total after Tax and Edge Card was $43.57!

Probably overpaid for Saga Frontier, but I actually enjoy the game very much but never actually owned my own copy, so I couldn't pass it up mint and complete. Anyway time to fire up some FF2!

Nice find.........I usually find good stuff at Strip Mall EB's and most of the time theyre cheaper than Gamestop..............too bad that theyve become one....... on well good find!

[quote name='yashiroae86']Nice find.........I usually find good stuff at Strip Mall EB's and most of the time theyre cheaper than Gamestop..............too bad that theyve become one....... on well good find![/QUOTE]

I think Strip Mall EBs are the only ones that sell the classic games. Most of the mall stores have very little room (And sell to a 'higher' audience that won't buy cheap p;d games).

the EB near me does buy3 get2 free on classic plastic. Is that a YMMV situation? I picked up a few games yesterday, including a Sega Genesis game (I dont own a genesis).

I hope this stuff is available for download on the Virtual Console so more people can experience those great rpg's.

Yea, since EB was bought out by GameStop, Gamestop has been sending our stores some really nice rare games, sometimes unopened but still selling them used.

bread's done
Back