NIER $19.96 @ Amazon (PS3 ONLY).

Gameplay is meh, graphic is meh but the story is good and the music is awesome.

personal opinion of the game. personally, I think it's worth $20.00 for the music score alone.

$20 is a great price for this great game!!! I paid about $40 and I do not regret at all!!

Story is freaking great. Especially second play through! Gameplay is interesting. The OST is fantastic!

I definitely recommend this game. (it's my game of the year XD )

Great game :) Graphics aren't the best, but the story is touching and fun. A second playthrough is a MUST as it offers a different perspective on the enemy :) It took me a couple hours to "warm up" to it, but very glad I gave it the chance

[quote name='djricekcn']Gameplay is meh, graphic is meh but the story is good and the music is awesome.

personal opinion of the game. personally, I think it's worth $20.00 for the music score alone.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']$20 is a great price for this great game!!! I paid about $40 and I do not regret at all!!

Story is freaking great. Especially second play through! Gameplay is interesting. The OST is fantastic!

I definitely recommend this game. (it's my game of the year XD )[/QUOTE]

Some people are torn between the story...some find it OK, some find it great. One thing that everyone seems to agree on without a shadow of a doubt, is that the music is outstanding. And I'm a music lover. I'm just trying to find something to pair this with for FSSS.

Yes, I don't have Prime, nor care for it. During my Prime trial months ago, they always use UPS, and my UPS guys treat my packages like neanderthals. Cases came broken, discs dislodged/scratched because of their ineptitude.

On the other hand...USPS treat my packages like gold.

So yeah...thinking of pairing NIER with either R&C: CiT ($14.99) or Wolfenstein ($16.32). But I think I'll wait until at least midnight to see what Amazon does with the final Cyber Monday deals.

Loved the game, played the hell out of it for all the endings. Only takes like 10 hours to get all the additional endings. Soundtrack has to be one of the best ever. Now working on the additional endings of Drakengard to see how it connects to Nier.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']Loved the game, played the hell out of it for all the endings. Only takes like 10 hours to get all the additional endings. Soundtrack has to be one of the best ever. Now working on the additional endings of Drakengard to see how it connects to Nier.[/QUOTE]

ahahaha good luck with Drakengard because the ending that actually connects to Nier is one of the hardest endings to unlock. It will be brutal! =O

It's a game that's rough around the edges with some pacing issues but it's one I'll remember for years to come due to its great characters and story along with a hauntingly beautiful soundtrack I listen to from time to time to this day.

Definitely worth $20 and then some in my book.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Some people are torn between the story...some find it OK, some find it great. One thing that everyone seems to agree on without a shadow of a doubt, is that the music is outstanding. And I'm a music lover. I'm just trying to find something to pair this with for FSSS.

Yes, I don't have Prime, nor care for it. During my Prime trial months ago, they always use UPS, and my UPS guys treat my packages like neanderthals. Cases came broken, discs dislodged/scratched because of their ineptitude.

On the other hand...USPS treat my packages like gold.

So yeah...thinking of pairing NIER with either R&C: CiT ($14.99) or Wolfenstein ($16.32). But I think I'll wait until at least midnight to see what Amazon does with the final Cyber Monday deals.[/QUOTE]

Knowing the background story really helps for this game's fore-story. I think the keyword to use for google is the Black Grimoire Translation

If you know the story of Drakangard and the Shinjyuku ending, it also helps a lot with the story.

This games pretty solid ?

I heard nothing but horrendous things about it

If you can disregard gameplay and just play it for the story, it's a great. Gameplay, not clunky or heavy...but it's nothing super fun either. movement, as a system point of view, is solid and fluid

Soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS--hp1mFYA&feature=&p=B2F9F647A86EA5AE&index=0&playnext=1
Example of a good scene *SPOILER*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWd1EqN_us&feature=related

Wow, just checked out some of the music, incredible, almost worth it for that alone...too bad my backlog is already too big or id pull the trigger.

I liked the game. Great music, good storyline.
If it is the combat you are worried about, don't worry too much. Although the game has no rumble feedback upon a successful hit, the sound effects still do the job to satisfy you.

$20 is totally worth it, but I believe the price will drop soon to around $15.

i platted this game and thought it was fun for what it was worth. Im a bit too harsh on games these days and kinda need an action fix and this just didnt have it. I loved the music and the character designs, kaine is too awesome but the gameplay was just lacking, i never found it to be the bullet hell or completely altered gameplay experiences. My grrl thinks the story is trippy as hell, my kids loved the story(altho i could do without the curse laden intro... every freakn time you start the game my kids got an earful of profanities) but i thought it could have been a bit more freaky crazy trippy. lol peace!

[quote name='CaoPi']got it for $15 shipped from gohastings![/QUOTE]
How'd you get free shipping?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. Use code CYBERMON for 10% off. I tried to order it but it errored out on the last page after authorizing my card. Gave me a number to call, but they're closed. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth $20. I paid $30 and got way more than I paid for.

The graphics are kinda bad, and the gameplay is varied yet still repetitive in places, but the story, the music and the atmosphere are tons better than most of Square-enixs stuff as of late.

Gogamer has it for $14.99 + $2.99 shipping.

Damn I could have used that info :sad:

[quote name='Velo214']i platted this game and thought it was fun for what it was worth. Im a bit too harsh on games these days and kinda need an action fix and this just didnt have it. I loved the music and the character designs, kaine is too awesome but the gameplay was just lacking, i never found it to be the bullet hell or completely altered gameplay experiences. My grrl thinks the story is trippy as hell, my kids loved the story(altho i could do without the curse laden intro... every freakn time you start the game my kids got an earful of profanities) but i thought it could have been a bit more freaky crazy trippy. lol peace![/QUOTE]

:roll: There's already a big M on the box, what more do you want?

Nier Replicant has all of Kaine's "bad" words bleeped out. Too bad for you, it was only released in Japanese...

Thanks for the info about it being on sale on GoHastings. I went and got it from there, too.

How to get $15 shipped from gohasting? Even if I used CYBERMON, the shipping turns out to be $2.28 and $15.78 shipped.

[edit] OK, I bought 2 for $31.56, one for my brother =).

[quote name='takotchi']:roll: There's already a big M on the box, what more do you want?

Nier Replicant has all of Kaine's "bad" words bleeped out. Too bad for you, it was only released in Japanese...[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't. it only bleeped out the sexual stuff, like P__s, C__k, etc. badwords are still there

[quote name='djricekcn']no it doesn't. it only bleeped out the sexual stuff, like P__s, C__k, etc. badwords are still there[/QUOTE]

Really? Just sexual stuff? Weird, especially considering this is Japan we're talking about. :whistle2:k

Oh well, my statement still stands. Gestalt (English) version, at least in the US, is uncensored... Replicant (Japanese) is censored, as least in some ways.

Nice find (@ gohastings). Rented the game earlier this year, and finished it once; really enjoyed it though so I'll be grabbing it to own now. Gimme a chance to work on the Platinum Trophy :p.

I saw this in the bargain bin at Kmart, but didn't buy it because I was in a hurry. At least, I save on tax getting it from Amazon.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']Thanks for whoever posted the goHastings heads up. Got it for 15.78.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the CYBERMON coupon to work?
I keep getting:

There is a problem with what was submitted:
3. The discount code you entered is not valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked it up from goHastings because of all the rave reviews from you guys...but I JUST missed out on saving a dollar with the CYBERMON code. I took too much time typing in info. *sigh* oh well, it's not like I missed out on great savings. And I couldn't get it for $15.00 anyway because I have to pay sales tax :(

bread's done
Back