Nier-HELP!

clok1966

CAGiversary!
I recently finally tried this game and liked the very short time I played. I know this is going to be silly to most. How the heck do I hit the first "boss" in the head? I have tried jumping and swinging, I just cant seem to see a way to hit him. I have the LANCE power but that doesnt seem to do it either? I know this is somthing simple Im missing but HELP! how do I hit this guy in the head? TThe manual doesnt really say anyhting. The Left sholder seems to be block (and somehow connected with "death" blows or however it says it.. but I cant make this seem to work either. I feel complelty stupid but Im stuck this soon.

I haven't played Nier but I usually hit Gamefaqs when I'm stuck.

You'll want to clear out the tiny shades first. Once they're clear, you can fight the big boss however you want. I would recommend pulling back, as his ranged attacks are easy to avoid, but his melee attacks are not. For this fight you'll be stuck with only two magic spells--dark blast and dark spear. If you want to play it safe, you can slowly and steadily shave off the shade's HP with dark blasts. I would recommend, instead, that you use fully charged dark lance attacks (hold down the L1 button until you've conjured a full semicircle's worth of giant magic spears). Three or four fully charged magic attacks ought to be more than enough to take this boss out.

Once you've dealt enough damage, the shade will slump down and a circular icon will appear over his "weak point." There are a number of symbols in the circle, representing the shade's remaining HP. You need to attack the weak point in the circle: once the words are gone, the boss will die. There's a catch, however--the circle is a "clock." You have until the hand rotates a full 360 degrees to obliterate the shade's remaining HP, otherwise the shade will recover a portion of his HP and you'll have to repeat the entire process.

Is that the right boss?

that is the correct boss, but I'm to dence to understand waht htey want (even with your help quoteing).

The boss is rouhgly 2X your size, he is simple to beat down, close or ranged. But once you get him to about 10% health he sorta slumps over and stops attacking. The "clock" appears over his head/face it is timed (4-6 seconds about) that you have to (manual and game instructions say"target his weak spot") well his head is stil about 2 feet above your head, so when you stand in front of him and attack you hit just below the "weak spot" I have tried jumping ant attacking but it deosnt seem to work. I have used the "Dark Lance" attack, but its slow and hard to target , and even when I use it, it seems to do nothing.

This weak spot target is my problem. I know Im just missing somthing simple, but for some reason I cant see what? Am i makeing to much out of this? do I just hammer away (even if it appears Im not targeting hte right spot? This doesnt seem to work, but maybe Im to slow and not getting in quick enough). Do i need to get some lucky timed jump attack on his face? IS there somthing I am missing about the clock? I see it timing down, but (shrug) thats about it..

Its only frustrating as its about 10 minutes into the game and Im stuck.. not something that happens to an old gamer to often :)

bread's done
Back