Nier

riskzero

CAGiversary!
What are your thoughts on this game. Very little information out about it, looks like an action game.

I completely dismissed it but now I'm looking back at it again. It comes out on April 27th and Amazon is offering $10 gaming credit for ordering it threw them.

It seems like it could be one of those overlooked hits possibly or just a crappy game that SE is publishing I'm looking at you X-2.

Thoughts?

[quote name='riskzero']What are your thoughts on this game. Very little information out about it, looks like an action game.

I completely dismissed it but now I'm looking back at it again. It comes out on April 27th and Amazon is offering $10 gaming credit for ordering it threw them.

It seems like it could be one of those overlooked hits possibly or just a crappy game that SE is publishing I'm looking at you X-2.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Nier. They had a page on it in a Game Informer recently, and it looked interesting, definitely something that I'll keep my eye on for reviews and an eventual price drop.

That being said X-2 gets a lot of unfair hate. It is what it is. It's a very teen girly game, and has a different vibe than FFX. This probably leads to it, those that hated X automatically hate it, but those that love X still turn on it. But, if you get past a few of the embarrassing moments, it's actually a very good game. Though, I would guess it missed it's audience, too girly for teen boys to play, too complicated for non gaming teen girls (and I don't see gamer girls really looking for something like that).

That being said, I played the game through twice, and enjoyed it both times.

[quote name='lordxixor101']I'm not sure about Nier. They had a page on it in a Game Informer recently, and it looked interesting, definitely something that I'll keep my eye on for reviews and an eventual price drop.

That being said X-2 gets a lot of unfair hate. It is what it is. It's a very teen girly game, and has a different vibe than FFX. This probably leads to it, those that hated X automatically hate it, but those that love X still turn on it. But, if you get past a few of the embarrassing moments, it's actually a very good game. Though, I would guess it missed it's audience, too girly for teen boys to play, too complicated for non gaming teen girls (and I don't see gamer girls really looking for something like that).

That being said, I played the game through twice, and enjoyed it both times.[/QUOTE]

Well said, its all a matter of opinion and what I was saying by saying that was threw my eyes. Glad to hear you enjoyed it thats why we game right?!

I dont get GI any info regarding length or anything of that nature?

I read the IGN hands on preview - I'm getting a very meh vibe.

Will buy it when it drops below $20, regardless of reviews. But the GI quote for a picture was funny about the girl fighting in lingerie.

[quote name='62t']I hate that they decide to Americanize the PS3 version[/QUOTE]

Could you please elaborate more? What is different?

[quote name='GME92']Could you please elaborate more? What is different?[/QUOTE]

They changed the main character from an effeminate man to a big, buff, burly dude, and they changed the relationship of the girl from the main character's sister to the main character's daughter.

In Japan the PS3 and Xbox 360 version are different games, with the PS3 version designed for Japanese and Xbox 360 for Westerner. For the USA version they are the same game, both based on the Westerner version

As I said in another thread, I am really interested in this game, but I can't tell too much about it. I want to also make sure SE doesn't pull a Sega and F-up the PS3 version (since the PS3 is getting the 360 version in the USA). Wasn't too happy to read that IGN article where it said that the graphics are PS2-era. From the trailers and everything, the game looks fantastic. I just hope all the trailers aren't from Replicant.

No, the Game Informer didn't have much at length about it, other than it was an action game. It was part of the one page previews they do, and it was much more focused on screenshots.

I also got a chuckle at the lengerie joke in game informer (in one of the pictures, the woman is in a very small outsfit looking to either be casting magic, or reflecting,and the caption read something like, in Nier, the best defense for magic is lengerie).

IGN UK or AU, can't remember, gave it a 7.5. I've heard from some pirates who have played it that it's not that good, so looks like this might be one of those budget titles.

I was interested in this title at one point, though I want to wait until I know 100% for certain if it's an all action RPG or if it's typical SE fare ala Final Fantasy.

If it's an RPG where when you press a button your character attacks without having to go into some menu to select an attack, then I might pick it up after a couple price drops. But if it's like FF, then I'll pass.

I did not like thsi game ( i played about2 hours ) in anyway except the music. game is made by cavia so it plays like their other games, Drag On Dragon, Bullet Witch and so on.

^ I've never played those games, what specifically didn't you like?

I'm still a little interested in the game. If the gameplay is solid, I might like it. Can't wait for the reviews, then I can put this to rest once and for all.

The gameplay itself is just slow and boring. The story might be good but I was too bored with the game itself to play further for the story; like is aid though, the music was very enjoyable.

Drag-on Dragoon (Drakengard) is one of my top favorite games. Plus Cavia did that ps2 Ghost in the Shell game which was pretty good. Bulletwitch wasn't too bad. Pretty okay.

I read somewhere that Nier will follow Drakengard's E ending, so now I feel obligated to get it. Before I was gonna wait till it was cheaper but now I may actually get it >.<

Also Square are a bunch of idiots. It would have been better if they released Replicant that way people who owned both x360 and ps3 may have bought both versions. Also, I wanted to play the Replicant version over the Gestalt version >.

I tried both PS3 and Xbox360 one, both 2 hours each, and honestly, I like the Westernized one better than the big brother version...and I'm Japanese (and also usually like Japanese over English for most Japanese games). The English voice is better (rare for a Japanese game, especially something that's being released from Square/Enix) and the father role fits a lot better than the brother role.

[quote name='djricekcn']I tried both PS3 and Xbox360 one, both 2 hours each, and honestly, I like the Westernized one better than the big brother version...and I'm Japanese (and also usually like Japanese over English for most Japanese games). The English voice is better (rare for a Japanese game, especially something that's being released from Square/Enix) and the father role fits a lot better than the brother role.[/QUOTE]

I see. yeah I just saw the opening vid for Replicant and I kinda didn't like the j-voices for some of the characters >.<

also after looking at both the Gestalt and Replicant openings, I want to play both.

This may work out in my favor since I don't own a 360. I'm gonna import Replicant (when it gets cheaper. hopefully it sells enough in Japan for it to get a Best version >.< ) and buy Gestalt here in da US. XD

Now da question is.. to buy Gestalt on release or wait for it to be $30 >.

[quote name='62t']I hate that they decide to Americanize the PS3 version[/QUOTE]

The "Americanized" version is actually the original version. The "Japanofied" version was made in response to concerns that the original version wasn't Japanese enough.

There's a lot of positive response to this game on GAF but I think it will drop pretty fast in price, so I'm gonna wait.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There's a lot of positive response to this game on GAF but I think it will drop pretty fast in price, so I'm gonna wait.[/QUOTE]
Cosign. It looks good but not $60 good.

I'm still on the fence myself. I read a few of the overseas reviews and just about all complained that the graphics were bad and the game tries to do too many different game mechanics, yet it masters none of them.

I don't get it because the screen shots that I've seen look great (wonder if it's just cut scenes or what).

I'm definitely not buying for $60, and I'm hesitant to spend my Amazon game credit on this game... I'll probably wait until there's a good deal.

Same here, I decided to wait for it to go down to $30 ^_^'

I've already wasted too much money on other games I have yet to start so I'll just wait for a price drop.

If anyone buys Neir, please let us know how you like it. I trust CAGs over the regular reviewers and blogs any day.

[quote name='jh6269']If anyone buys Neir, please let us know how you like it. I trust CAGs over the regular reviewers and blogs any day.[/QUOTE]

I second this, has anyone taken the plunge yet?

[quote name='djricekcn']I did not like thsi game ( i played about2 hours ) in anyway except the music. game is made by cavia so it plays like their other games, Drag On Dragon, Bullet Witch and so on.[/QUOTE]
Oh, God.

Run, people. This is Drakengard country.

bread's done
Back