Nightmare of Druaga 10$ new Eb

Has anyone played it yet? The reviews are saying it is not a very good game. The artwork on the cover looks nice, but that's how they get you sometimes....

[quote name='Goodtone']Has anyone played it yet? The reviews are saying it is not a very good game. The artwork on the cover looks nice, but that's how they get you sometimes....[/QUOTE]

If you've enjoyed any games along the lines of Nethack or Rogue, then you will probably like this one. If you've never played those, then I'd describe it as a turn-based Diablo, but with a punishing difficulty. Prepare to level, level, level, and gradually upgrade your items. You'll revisit the same dungeons many times to collect gold and new weapons.

Personally, I found this game VERY enjoyable for the $17.99 I paid, and for $9.99, it's worth a shot if the description above sounds interesting to you.

im gunna warn everyone on this game, i havent played it, but its built on the same game engine as torneko and chocobos dungeon, you might totally hate this game because youre expecting something different from what it actully is. its an old school dungeon crawler.

Oh, maaan...I think I'm going to have to go for this, despite my pitiful attempts to save. From what I've heard, it's archaeic and extremely difficult...sounds right up my alley. :)

By the way, I forget, but there are no coupon codes that can be used with this, are there?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']By the way, I forget, but there are no coupon codes that can be used with this, are there?[/QUOTE]

Not other than adding a $0.99 preowned game and using SAVER, CAG15, & your EDGE card discount (if applicable) to get cheaper shipping.

I bought it used at GS when they had the B2G1, but I am seriously thinking about getting a sealed copy and trade in my used one when I am done.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Son of a......I just picked this up this week at CC for $17. Just my luck....oh well.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Monday as a matter of fact.

This game got pretty shakey reviews, but I have always been of fan of Roguelike games. Cheap price, so I figured it was worth going ahead and ordering.

Thanks OP!

If you're on the fence about this, here's a quote from a review:

"Another mystifying aspect of the game is the silver and gold treasure chests. These are secret chests that may appear on each floor when you do something. Not only is the requirement for revealing each chest a secret, but the requirements for revealing the gold chests (i.e. the good stuff) are so bizarre that you have no practical hope of discovering them yourself through strategy, skill, or otherwise deep contemplation. For example, in one floor you'll have to avoid attacking any walls (this breaks some walls), then defeat a Dark Spirit, and then the next thing you attack must be a breakable wall."

[quote name='punqsux']im gunna warn everyone on this game, i havent played it, but its built on the same game engine as torneko and chocobos dungeon, you might totally hate this game because youre expecting something different from what it actully is. its an old school dungeon crawler.[/QUOTE]

Engines are meaningless where execution matters. I really liked Torneko (and have always liked the Rogue genre) but disliked Chocobo. Aside from gameplay differences Torneko had this great use of the Dragon Warrior - Toriyama art style in claymation. The opening cinematic sequence was almost worth the purchase alone.

If I knew I'd have the use of my consoles back soon I'd be trying this one out for sure at that price.

[quote name='eldad9']If you're on the fence about this, here's a quote from a review:

"Another mystifying aspect of the game is the silver and gold treasure chests. These are secret chests that may appear on each floor when you do something. Not only is the requirement for revealing each chest a secret, but the requirements for revealing the gold chests (i.e. the good stuff) are so bizarre that you have no practical hope of discovering them yourself through strategy, skill, or otherwise deep contemplation. For example, in one floor you'll have to avoid attacking any walls (this breaks some walls), then defeat a Dark Spirit, and then the next thing you attack must be a breakable wall."[/QUOTE]

i believe you left out the part about these hidden chests having clues to them in the japanese version that were not kept in the american version. its not as if they programmed them there to piss everyone off, they had a reason, but i do not know why whoever localized the game took them out (the clues)

bread's done
Back