Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-Ray $16.99 Pre-order

It's the same cover as the Infinifilm DVD from a few years ago. Movies this old rarely look a whole lot better on Blu-Ray, so although I am a huge fan of the series, I think I'm going to pass on this one, since I already have both the Infinifilm DVD and the boxed set.

The Canadian Blu-Ray released by Alliance about a year and a half ago (now OOP) looked great and that was a bare-bones release. I'm assuming Warner will be using the same print so it should look very good.

Yeah, I may just wait and see if I can get it below $10... I don't think an old movie like this is that much better looking than the DVD upscaled... have to read some reviews, I suppose.

BTW, The NEW movie looks GOOD! Definitely seeing this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luFkSVJmobA[/youtube]

Yeah, I may just wait and see if I can get it below $10... I don't think an old movie like this is that much better looking than the DVD upscaled... have to read some reviews, I suppose.

BTW, The NEW movie looks GOOD! Definitely seeing this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luFkSVJmobA[/youtube]

[quote name='SuperJedi']Yeah, I may just wait and see if I can get it below $10... I don't think an old movie like this is that much better looking than the DVD upscaled... have to read some reviews, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

If handled correctly an older movie on Blu-Ray can easily trump its DVD counterpart. See Gone With The Wind, Brave Heart, Forrest Gump, Blade Runner, and Pinnochio for a few examples. With that said and done I'm going to wait to see what the reviews say before I buy this. Hopefully the quality is good.

[quote name='duckydan']The Canadian Blu-Ray released by Alliance about a year and a half ago (now OOP) looked great and that was a bare-bones release. I'm assuming Warner will be using the same print so it should look very good.[/QUOTE]

It's a new transfer as far as I know. Warner re-did all of them...but only the first is coming out right now to test waters.

LOL, I thought this was a mistake for the 2010 version and was like WTF? g-damn all these remakes! but this one does look good. Wife already shot me down on seeing it in the threatre, so definitely getting that when it comes out..

bread's done
Back