Nightmare on Elm Street Collection $22.99 @ Amazon

Excellent price. If you don't own this in your collection then buy it now.

Also for those wondering I highly recommend getting the Infinifilm edition for the first Nightmare. The new transfer is great looking along with also having DTS 5.1 on the disc too. Plus the new documentries on disc 2 are great as well. Even tho the first one is already in this boxset its well worth the double dip.

Read somewhere on CAG that these were 22.72 at Sam's club (YMMV). This AMAZON deal is much better no waste of gas or time. Been looking to get this set for a good price. Just in time for Halloween. Thanks for this.

Yeah I picked up this set this past weekend at Sam's Club for $22.72. I've been waiting years for it to drop down to this price.

man i want to see these box sets fall

nightmare worlds and Catacomb of Creepshows

would love to grab those with nightmre on elm,... 3 major sets at once

maybe when DDD has its 20% off sale i will get them

[quote name='Poor2More']Dang I would be all over this BUT Nightmare on Elm Street came out on Blu-ray today[/QUOTE]

You must be thinking of Nightmare Before Christmas which was released on August 26th. AFAIK there is no word on the Nightmare On Elm Street series to be released on Bluray at this point of time.

Stumbled upon this by accident at Sam's Club the other day, so of course I instantly bought it. Was just about to mention it on CAG, since I hadn't seen a post for it. If it hadn't been for seeing it at Sam's and needing other goods, I probably would have gone with the Amazon deal. Regardless, I've been waiting for this price point for this set for years. I remember when it was $60+. This is a fantastic by. Also glad that I have Freddy vs Jason (OOP if you were wondering) since now my collection is complete, with the exception of the Jason/Friday the 13th side of things.

This is a fantastic set, except for the snapper cases. They might have changed it since I bought mine a couple of years ago, but I wouldn't count on it. Either way, absolutely worth it at this price if you like any of the movies.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You must be thinking of Nightmare Before Christmas which was released on August 26th. AFAIK there is no word on the Nightmare On Elm Street series to be released on Bluray at this point of time.[/quote]

No, hes right. Nightmare on Elm Street has indeed been released on blu-ray....

[quote name='JokerCard']No, hes right. Nightmare on Elm Street has indeed been released on blu-ray....[/QUOTE]

That explains why I didn't see it listed on Amazon.com or even High Def Digest since its an Canada release. From what it sounds like however its an barebones movie only edition with Dolby TrueHD. For some that might be an good enough of a reason why to import this. However I suspect that we'll see this released here on Blu soon enough. Hopefully the new bonus stuff from the Infinifilm edition will be included as well.

Speaking of Nightmare..... will we ever see Freddy's Nightmares on DVD? I know that not everyone loves it. However I'm an completist therefore I'd like to have this in my collection.

I've wanted this the first time I saw it at bestbuy years ago....thanx OP.....as for waiting for these to hit blu-ray....no thanks....I'll save my money for something else,personal opnion

Excellent price for those that do not have it already. I bought mine 2 years ago and love it. Recommend this for Freddy Fans. Now I'm waiting on the BD release of this collection.

Oh and yes these come with the paper snap cases. That's my only complain. Otherwise, must own.

I believe that they updated the cases to thincases for this set but I'm not positive. Anyone that has a newer set care to clarify?

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Speaking of Nightmare..... will we ever see Freddy's Nightmares on DVD? I know that not everyone loves it. However I'm an completist therefore I'd like to have this in my collection.[/quote]

I'd be willing to bet that how well Friday the 13th: The Series will have alot to do with if they put it on dvd.

I got my set for 3 dollars i think. I had a 25 gc from amazon. and with prime two day shipping . and it was the old nl/warner snap cases. this was a few months ago.

now if they would drop the price of the Friday the 13th movie set.

[quote name='opterasis']I'd be willing to bet that how well Friday the 13th: The Series will have alot to do with if they put it on dvd.[/quote]

I never particularly cared for either, but I am a completist and did relatively enjoy them, so I wouldn't mind seeing them again or at least owning them.

I have to say this is a great set. I bought it when it first came out and it was almost 100 bucks if I remember correctly. This The bonus disc is great but some of the stuff is hidden. You have a glass window on a door you have to put a code in to get an alternative ending to the first one that has never been seen last I know no one had found out the code. In fact GameFAQs has a faq on it all http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dvd/game/918334.html. The extras are really great and I will be getting this if it ever goes to bluray. The only bad thing is the second movie sucks. Also a remake of the first movie is in the works.

bread's done
Back