Nights for Wii @ Meijer $2.99

Grand Rapids MI 28th Street Cascade Meijer has 3-4 copies left in the case with a sign in front of the games announcing the sale at $2.99. I bought one copy and left some for a fellow CAG.

Also this meijer has a 80GB MGS4 bundle with a price tag of $499.99 sitting in the PS3 case.

This deal is legit good luck everybody great deal...

Rockford, MI had no copies left in the case. Most likely because of the large sign in front of where the game used to be that said "2.99 save $27".

GL to others.

[quote name='briansraregames']Found about 10 copies for $2.97, but the douche night clerk would only sell me one...it has to be a mistake. Guess I'll try tomorrow.[/quote]
what location was this one. I'm in fort wayne. Not sure what area of indiana you're in.

Picked up 5 copies tonight...

First pm first serve. 10 bucks shipped! Go!

5 transactions pending...I'll update if any more become available.

[quote name='Corvin']No luck in Louisville. However a DVDTalker did manage to find a copy at his local store, so it sounds legit.[/quote]

Did you check Springhurst already ? I'm about 200 yards from the Springhurst Meijer, but I'm not gonna leave the office if you've already checked it.

Was able to score the last copy in the Beavercreek, OH Meijer! :bouncy: It wasn't signed in the case and the cashier had a manager look it up when it rang up $2.99. The manager came back and said "Yeah, the system says the price went into effect yesterday." The cashier was shocked.

Picked up the sole remaining copy at the Fields Ertel Store (Cincinnati) this morning on the way to work. Thanks OP. My guess is that the deal is universal.

I just picked up the last one at the Toledo Meijer on Central. It was still marked as 29.99 but i got a price check and had to fight with the cashier to sell it to me for the 2.99 price that it scanned. If they give you problems just talk with the manager.

There's isn't a Meijer within 4 states of me (used to go often when in Michigan though). If anyone scores extra, I'll do $20 for 2 (or $10 for one).

Sold out at all Michiana (South Bend/Mishawaka, Indiana) Meijer's. The game is definitely $2.99 though.

Someone should make a thread in the trading forum for people that would like a copy, as well as for people that have copies to sell. Would be better than cluttering up this thread with wants and haves.

[quote name='ddrpower']YMMV as GS isn't supposed to take two of the same game, though they may.[/quote]
I don't think this has ever been officially documented, and I have traded in duplicates at the same time many times. I don't see a price in the Wiki, but I suspect you might also be able to get $20 or more per copy at Blockbuster/Gamerush.

I already said this in another NiGHTS thread, I think, but don't expect anything from the motion controls. They suck. Sega claimed that the basis for this game was motion controls, and that the game wouldn't have been developed if it wasn't for the Wii, but the motion control scheme feels like a total afterthought. It's awful, and I doubt you'd get it to work if you tried. You'll definitely want to use the traditional controls instead, which is a disappointment, since I thought NiGHTS would be extremely fun with motion controls that aren't total fucking ****.
Another problem this game suffers from is the pointless padding. It seems that the developers thought they needed to pad the game's length, since they added a bunch of frivolous non-flight levels. You'll dread playing the rafting/platforming/"maze" levels, but it's the only way to get to the fairly entertaining flight levels.

That being said, I'd buy this for $3. Too bad there isn't a single Meijers anywhere near me.

I think that those of you that have scored this deal may have gotten lucky...

I went to my local store today, which still had a few that were marked at 49.99. I had the cashier price check it, and it rang up 2.99. However, she was unsure so she called her manager. Her manager told her to call corporate. Corporate said it sounded like a mistake, but the buyer was on lunch. Their hunch was that the game was supposed to be marked 29.99 and it's a pricing mistake. Their reasoning was that they never sell anything below cost, and cost on the game was $25 and some change.

While I wish the girl had just sold them to me, she was very nice and really was just doing her job.

Right now the remaining copies at my store are on hold with my name on them. They're going to call me once corporate calls them. If it is indeed a mistake, I'd expect the other stores to be notified, so get them while you can.

If they do end up selling them to me, I'll make my extra copies available for $10 shipped as others have done.

EDIT---It's confirmed, $2.99 is the price. PM me if you are interested, I'll sell them first come first serve.

I was working late last night and went my my local Meijers at about 11:30pm. The CSR I had help me was really cool about it just handed me a copy of the game and I used a u-scan with a loaf of bread to buy the game. They also had a sign in front of the game saying it was a sale for $2.99. Hopefully everybody can have their Meijers honor the deal but I think I got lucky though.

my check-out clerk said the same thing about it must be a pricing mistake but had no problems selling it to me because it scanned at 2.99. I'm going to check out the other meijers close to my house after work, but I don't see this as being a corporate wide mistake if some Meijers actually have signs stating the price.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']To which ever mother fuck er bought ALL of the games in the ann arbor area (both stores) I'll see you in hell!!![/QUOTE]

Did you go to the Jackson and Ann Arbor-Saline ones?

[quote name='jkircos']Did you go to the Jackson and Ann Arbor-Saline ones?[/quote]

Nope just Ann Arbor Saline, Carpenter road.

Didn't have alot of time, had a final this morning but needless to say was very let down by the results.

[quote name='vanlandw']I was working late last night and went my my local Meijers at about 11:30pm. The CSR I had help me was really cool about it just handed me a copy of the game and I used a u-scan with a loaf of bread to buy the game. They also had a sign in front of the game saying it was a sale for $2.99. Hopefully everybody can have their Meijers honor the deal but I think I got lucky though.[/QUOTE]

LOAF OF BREAD ON SALE CONFIRMED.

My Meijers in Jeffersonville, Indiana sold me the last copy, but acted like I was a wanted criminal. They made me wait for over 30 minutes and then questioned me like I was a crazy price changing magician. I laughed at them and eventually got my game, but I don't think I will frequent that Meijer for a while.. or until I learn some new CAG spell!!! lol

Too many CAGs live in Ann Arbor. Move someplace warmer and leave some deals for me! Nothing is ever left by the time I get out of work at 5 PM - the stores are already picked clean.

bread's done
Back