Nindendo 3DS Midnight Release

bluenatas09

CAGiversary!
Sooooo Best Buy near the Mall of Louisiana in Baton Rouge will be open at 12:00 AM on Sunday, March 27,2011 for a midnight release of the Nintendo 3DS. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone wanted to pick one up while I'm there working away those precious midnight hours at retail. As of right now we're still taking pre-orders but we'll likely still have a good bit of units if you just want to come in and pick one up. Thanks!

http://stores.bestbuy.com/495/event/nintendo-3ds-midnight-launch/

And if anyone else knows anywhere that is doing a midnight launch feel free to post!

I decided to go with Amazon for my 3DS. Even with next day shipping, the earliest I imagine I'll get it is Tuesday, the 29th. I wanted to save on sales tax to make the purchase a little easier to handle. Also, should there be any defects that crop up after purchase, it'll be a whole lot easier to ship the system back to Amazon that deal with GameStop or somewhere else.

Curious to see if Gamestop is doing a midnight release. I really hope they are because I have people who really want to see this system on sunday. Also I don't like having to get up early on weekends :lol:.

I would of got it from Amazon but my luck with amazon has not been good, sadly with shipping of packages and in fear of getting it stolen (happened 5 times in the last year), might as well play it safe.

Mine is doing a midnight release, too bad I'm working. Since I'll be working from home, wonder if I could slip away unnoticed for 30 minutes lol.

Question, for those who have a midnight release. What time are you arriving to wait? I mean normally I would go like two hours before but it's supposed to be 25 degrees out here in PA and I am not looking forward to camping but knowing gamestop...

Only did a midnight release for Mario Kart Wii which involved me showing up at 12:15am, walking in and small talking the cashier for the 2 minutes it took to check out and leaving. I'd show up early though if the shortage rumors are true.

I have two Gamestops near me. The one I picked to preordered it isn't doing the midnight launch but the other one down the road is. Lame.

[quote name='QiG']Only did a midnight release for Mario Kart Wii which involved me showing up at 12:15am, walking in and small talking the cashier for the 2 minutes it took to check out and leaving. I'd show up early though if the shortage rumors are true.[/QUOTE]

Yeah might as well show up for 10pm. It's going to be fucking 20 degrees out but I can stay in my car until a line starts to form since it's in a strip mall anyway.

Anyone who camps for this thing in the weather that the eastern states are having now is crazy, unless you are inside. Yes we have the clothing to handle it, but some people like me just don't wanna be out there in the cold for a couple hours no matter what the reason is.

Of course some people are really stupid, I saw a kid/teen sitting outside a Gamestop right on the concrete (its in a shopping plaza) in only a hoodie camping out for Call of Duty this past winter and it was cold that day too. He didn't even have a chair. They usually don't even run out of popular games and since it was a midnight launch I doubt there would be reason to camp, unless you haven't preordered a copy. I am not even sure if the midnight launch applies to people who didn't preorder.

Was just at the midnight launch at a local GS that my buddy preordered his at. Got there at 10pm and hung out in the store until 12. Did not actually start lining up in the store at the registers until about a quarter of 12. There were probably around 30 other people there, most not coming in the store until after 11:30. Overall it was a smooth and well-run event in my opinion. In the meantime I'm now seriously thinking of picking up my own copy sometime on Sunday after seeing how nice it looks :)

bread's done
Back