Ninety Nine Nights (360) $19.99 @ FYE (YMMV?)

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Don't know if this has at all been posted, but I walked into FYE today (I never go in there really) and saw N3 for $29.99... I looked it over and realized there was a sticker saying it was on sale for $19.99. I may swing by tomorrow to pick it up. Good price for a game I can't pay more than $20 for.

also, if this is old news, close please!

no checkpoint system at all means I wait for $14.99 or less. I can't imagine playing through a huge level, dying at the boss and having to start alllllllllllllllllllll the way over

[quote name='Scorch']no checkpoint system at all means I wait for $14.99 or less. I can't imagine playing through a huge level, dying at the boss and having to start alllllllllllllllllllll the way over[/QUOTE]

The reason I didn't finish DMC3.

It's a decent game.. if repetetive. And yes, playing for 40 min and then dying at a boss because the collision detection and one on one fighting is dodgy is horrible.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Great price for a solid game. I'd recommend picking it up.[/QUOTE]

I'll consider it... i'll be getting either this or the 360 camera this week... most likely the camera.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll consider it... i'll be getting either this or the 360 camera this week... most likely the camera.[/QUOTE]

Go for the camera then. That way when we play Uno it'll be more fun.

One checkpoint per map would have been really nice. Just replay one of the older missions once or twice if you find yourself dying at a boss. You'll be fine after that. Same thing with Devil May Cry 3.

Just as an FYI, I think you have to buy the game at 29.99 and then send in a rebate to get the $10 back. This is the way that my Fye's is running the deal.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']N3 is actually on sale for 19.99 (or so says the sticker on it). No rebate slip is near it.[/QUOTE]

that's what I saw... no rebate or anything in sight. just a regular 'ole sale.

[quote name='xDerekRx']You pussies that grow up in the new gaming era of save spots every 2 feet :)[/QUOTE]

I grew up on NES titles like TMNT where saves are absent and controllers are thrown. Adding saves in games was "la revolucion" for me, and then came titles like DMC3, where it's back to throwing controllers....only this time, they're much more fragile.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']One checkpoint per map would have been really nice. Just replay one of the older missions once or twice if you find yourself dying at a boss. You'll be fine after that. Same thing with Devil May Cry 3.[/QUOTE]

Or, just pick up the GH version of DMC3.

[quote name='Rozz']Supposedly FYE is shitty with handling rebates[/QUOTE]

I've always received every rebate I've done through them, although it does often take a while for them to process it and send it out to you, but that seems to be the case for almost all rebates.

I picked up a copy, and it rang up at $19.99, so it's just a regular sale. They didn't change the used price, so it's $19.99 for a new one, or $22.99 for a used one.

[quote name='rebenns']Or, just pick up the GH version of DMC3.[/quote]

I don't understand your post. I never told anyone to buy N3. I was just saying the replaying missions thing is VERY similar to DMC3.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I don't understand your post. I never told anyone to buy N3. I was just saying the replaying missions thing is VERY similar to DMC3.[/QUOTE]

I think he said pick up GH DMC3 since it has an easy(ier) mode in it?

[quote name='pimpinc333']I think he said pick up GH DMC3 since it has an easy(ier) mode in it?[/quote]

Yeah it does. It's called pussy mode! Oohhhhh!

This sale is still active if anyone still cared. Bought N3 yesterday at fye, tagged $29.99 but rang up $19.99. I actually got it for $17.99 with fye Customer Loyalty Card, so it was an even better deal.

[quote name='GunstarRed']This sale is still active if anyone still cared. Bought N3 yesterday at fye, tagged $29.99 but rang up $19.99. I actually got it for $17.99 with fye Customer Loyalty Card, so it was an even better deal.[/quote]

You're a loyal customer to... FYE? ;)

[quote name='Rozz']You're a loyal customer to... FYE? ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh, their discount card is called a "Customer Loyalty Card" as if anyone seriously would be. I was buying a bunch of stuff there around Christmas (don't ask why anyone would), so the card was almost paid for with the discount I got. It's $25 a year and gets you 10% off ANYTHING, even sale prices and hardware, so if you're going to spend $250 there in a year, it's paid for.

[quote name='Scorch']no checkpoint system at all means I wait for $14.99 or less. I can't imagine playing through a huge level, dying at the boss and having to start alllllllllllllllllllll the way over[/QUOTE]
Yeah, $5 less won't fix that.

[quote name='xDerekRx']You pussies that grow up in the new gaming era of save spots every 2 feet :)[/QUOTE]

I was raised on old school NES, but now I have a job and can't replay a game over and over!

I'm just old and tired, is all. ;)

[quote name='redefendini']What's FYE?[/quote]
It's a chain that sells games, CDs, DVDs, etc. It's actually called F.Y.E., for your entertainment.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Heh, their discount card is called a "Customer Loyalty Card" as if anyone seriously would be. I was buying a bunch of stuff there around Christmas (don't ask why anyone would), so the card was almost paid for with the discount I got. It's $25 a year and gets you 10% off ANYTHING, even sale prices and hardware, so if you're going to spend $250 there in a year, it's paid for.[/quote]

Odd... I have an FYE discount card and it is called the "FYE Backstage Pass", same thing you described, except it also came with a coupon book.

Anyways, I will wait for this game to become even cheaper, or just until another time, when there isn't so much other stuff coming out and DS games I need to catch up on.

[quote name='redefendini']Ok, thanks. No stores in PR. Damn IT!!!!![/QUOTE]

you sure? I'm 50% sure that when I was down there last year and was in one of the big malls that I saw an FYE...

bread's done
Back