Ninja Gaiden 2 29.99 at Blockbuster (NEW)

rifle21

CAGiversary!
New copies of the game now retail at 29.99 at blockbuster. Should be nationwide. good luck cag's. Used copies are 34.99 now, but should be dropping soon.

[quote name='Derrick1979']The one I got was sealed and even had the outter cardboard sleeve with it. I had to bring the case to the counter and they had a bunch of sealed ones in a drawer.[/quote]

same with my Blockbuster, they even had changed the sticker on the display cases to show it was only $30

ye this deal is definitely confirmed as of 20 mins ago in GA :whistle2:D tho does anyone know when the system updates and changes the price of their used NGII games to $24.99?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think the price it too high. $19.99 is the price I am waiting for. This is a good sign of things to come though. Glad to see it. While I am sad that the overall economy is about to tank, I think we will see price drops galore very soon.

[quote name='afty']Still $60 at my local Blockbuster (Porter Square, Cambridge, MA).[/quote]

It was 30 at my local Blockbuster (Newton/Watertown, MA, next to Stop and Shop.) That's still too much for me but if anyone in the area is curious, there ya go.

Crap. I just bought the game less than a month ago at Gamestop.
Same here. Got it for $38 used. And I still haven't played it. Damn my backlog.

And to those discussing the merits of DMC versus NG:

To me, the God of War series always had a more interesting story and awesome weapons (blades of chaos anyone?) God of War also (at least for me, RE4 might have done it first) brought quick time events to the forefront of gaming, for better or for worse.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Same here. Got it for $38 used. And I still haven't played it. Damn my backlog.

And to those discussing the merits of DMC versus NG:

To me, the God of War series always had a more interesting story and awesome weapons (blades of chaos anyone?) God of War also (at least for me, RE4 might have done it first) brought quick time events to the forefront of gaming, for better or for worse.[/quote]

God of War's combat system is not nearly as technical as either DMC or NG. While I love GoW with a passion, there's no comparison. You can definitely argue that it's a better game, but as far as a straight up combat system, GoW is very user friendly when compared to the other two. It's the IMac of combat systems, very pretty and very easy to use, but limited.

Just look up combo videos of DMC or NG on youtube and you'll see what I mean. Like I said before, DMC3 and NG:B seem to dominate the uservideo population, though. In God of War, you basically always go cool things visually, even if you mash. There is skill involved, but no matter what it'll look good. In DMC and NG, if you don't know what you're doing, Dante/Ryu will look like an idiot and get his ass handed to him.

And RE4 did do context sensitive first, I believe, although they were close.

ALSO of note. The CEO of CC was basically forced to resign yesterday.
So the company is pretty much "up in the air" for now. No way of knowing for sure if they'll survive.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Thanks OP I wanted to get this game for a good deal like this... I think I love you.[/quote]

I love you too, man. Just never wanted to say it until now.

Found it for $30 in Malden, MA, after calling around. For other Boston-area CAGs, maybe this info will save you some phone calls:

Porter Square, Cambridge, MA - $30 (reported by dongle)
Alewife, Cambridge, MA - $60
Medford, MA - out of stock
Malden, MA - $30
Newton/Watertown, MA - $30 (reported by prence)

Last edited by a moderator:
For any of you with Rock Band 1 & 2, as of last week, BB was giving $32 for trade in on the Rock Band 1. Just an FYI.
It could be different this week.

I went to the Blockbuster in Porter Square, Cambridge, MA and got it for $30 after asking them to look up the price on their computer. It was worth being assertive!

Thanks for the info about them not gutting games. I'll swing by my Blockbuster and see if they have it. I want to pick up a PSN Download card anyway this weekend.

[quote name='dongle']I went to the Blockbuster in Porter Square, Cambridge, MA and got it for $30 after asking them to look up the price on their computer. It was worth being assertive![/quote]
How odd! When this thread was first posted, I walked over there and asked them to look up the price. They told me $59.99. Maybe it took a couple of days to make it into their system.

I will update my post.

[quote name='afty']How odd! When this thread was first posted, I walked over there and asked them to look up the price. They told me $59.99. Maybe it took a couple of days to make it into their system.

I will update my post.[/quote]

No it is YMMV everywhere, I called 5 stores and 2 of the 5 had it at $29.99, one had it at $59.99, and the other 2 had them at $49.99 so it all depends, im lucky because I had 15 around my zip code alone so I did not have to get far there are almost as bad as Walgreens locations around me.

Picked it up for $29.99 in Farmington Hills, MI - 10 & Middlebelt store.
They have at least 2 or 3 copies left.

Thanks OP!!

Confirmed, $29.99 at the BB in Placentia, CA on Rose Dr. I think I may have picked up their last copy though. Other BBs in OC probably have marked it down as well.

Cool, just snagged a copy at my local BB. This was finally the right price.

Also impulse-purchased a copy of Boom Blox (Wii) since BB dropped it to $39.99... so I'm pretty damn happy overall.

Picked one up last night at the Blockbuster in Durham, NC (MLK and Roxboro). They had a couple of copies left. Additionally, it was still marked on the game as 49.99. The employee couldn't believe that the used copy was more expensive than the new copy.

That being said, I might return it due to Circuit City's $20 gift card with the purchase of Ninja Gaiden 2 (only $40 right now)

[quote name='neonglow']Buy.com also has it for $30 with free shipping too.[/quote]

Thanks! No tax too.. picking one up. W/ Google Checkout I'll in and out within 25 seconds!

zip...

[quote name='syndicate701']Thanks! No tax too.. picking one up. W/ Google Checkout I'll in and out within 25 seconds!

zip...[/quote]

Good deal.....Doesn't Google Checkout like not exist anymore???

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Good deal.....Doesn't Google Checkout like not exist anymore???[/QUOTE]

Google checkout is alive and well it's the ONLY way I will pay with Gogamer.com :)

[quote name='darkk']Anyone find it in Denver CO for that price?[/QUOTE]

I found it at the block buster on 6th and Grant. Call blockbusters and ask if they can save one for you. That's what I did.

bread's done
Back