Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $20 - Gamestop

Solid price for a solid game. Bought this at Sears long ago when it was on clearance for the very same price. Highly recommended.

[quote name='Donut2922']Go figure the preowned price is more than the brand new one.[/QUOTE]

Happens every time Gamestop has a sale. Funny every time.

[quote name='aerozero']What are the chances of Amazon price matching this?[/QUOTE]

GS didn't publicize it, so I highly doubt it. Also, it's OOS, which means that noone will pricematch.

Kmart has had it for 20$, but its not very likely the to be in stock I guess. Its not even on Kmart.com

Been waiting to grab this for 20$ or less.

It's worth $20, but not any more. As a long-time NG vet and hardcore fan, this game was pretty bad.

If you want an easy NG game with purple mist instead of blood and 3 ninjas at one time versus 15-20, get this one. On MNM, it's stupid. You get hit with one kill usually and it takes 4-5 izuna drops just to kill an IS ninja. It just felt like a chore compared to NG2, and I have 1250/1250 in it.

But with that said, NGS2 is still better than most other action games on the PS3, lol.

[quote name='Abeja']Kmart has had it for 20$, but its not very likely the to be in stock I guess. Its not even on Kmart.com

Been waiting to grab this for 20$ or less.[/QUOTE]
I was lucky to even find one copy each at my NYC Kmarts when it released, no chance they'll have any left over more than a month since the clearances started.

[quote name='mr_bungle']It's worth $20, but not any more. As a long-time NG vet and hardcore fan, this game was pretty bad.

If you want an easy NG game with purple mist instead of blood and 3 ninjas at one time versus 15-20, get this one. On MNM, it's stupid. You get hit with one kill usually and it takes 4-5 izuna drops just to kill an IS ninja. It just felt like a chore compared to NG2, and I have 1250/1250 in it.

But with that said, NGS2 is still better than most other action games on the PS3, lol.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Btw, how exited are you about NG3 now that this new guy is in full control?

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Couldn't agree more. Btw, how exited are you about NG3 now that this new guy is in full control?[/QUOTE]

On one hand, I really am glad we get to play another NG. On the other, after NGS2, who knows what he's going to do. I mean, NG2 was a great game despite its flaws...especially when you learned the ins and outs. It just boggles my mind how you can take a good game with flaws and make a bad game by completely revamping it.

Plus with the picture of Ryu apparently taking off his mask, I'll be pissed if he brings in several characters for the limelight. I hated the girls chapters because I was forced to play them.

What about you?

Sigma 2 was a more technically competent game in my opinion and I liked the more accessibility difficulty.

NG2 was just a broken mess and everything had a projectile based attack. I saw werewolves pull torsos from the air to throw at me.

They removed the blood to improve the framerate. I'd rather have solid FPS than blood everywhere and more meaningful fights than projectiles up my ass from off screen. Made me rage so hard. I did beat NG2, but shelved it after the one. It wasn't about being hard, but dodging projectiles. I didn't sign up for a bullet hell game.

NGS2 fixed a lot of that. I feel it's the superior title and look forward to its continuation.

[quote name='TheKbob']Sigma 2 was a more technically competent game in my opinion and I liked the more accessibility difficulty.

NG2 was just a broken mess and everything had a projectile based attack. I saw werewolves pull torsos from the air to throw at me.

They removed the blood to improve the framerate. I'd rather have solid FPS than blood everywhere and more meaningful fights than projectiles up my ass from off screen. Made me rage so hard. I did beat NG2, but shelved it after the one. It wasn't about being hard, but dodging projectiles. I didn't sign up for a bullet hell game.

NGS2 fixed a lot of that. I feel it's the superior title and look forward to its continuation.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I've heard this 1000 times already.

First off, they removed the blood to fix the frame rate? I see. So chapter 11 (NGS2 chapter 14) where you had 15-20 IS ninjas swarming you without a chug in framerate versus NGS2 where it was literally a barren wasteland save for a few dogs (the worst enemy type in NGS2/2). You never had more than 4 ninjas on screen at a time because it would have chugged. And that stair fight was epic with that slow framerate, made it like a slow-mo massacre, lol.

If you think it's superior, more power to ya, but most people that actually appreciated NG at all despise NGS2.

Please tell me, if you beat MNM, that you mastered i-frames..because those "cheap" sections you refer to, I can probably beat without using any items whatsoever. Don't believe me? Watch my upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iXCeTP0rKI

you do know that that the blood (in NG2) was done with vertex-processing where bandwidth is key to performance right? the RSX DOES NOT have the bandwidth of Xenos
i should also mention that NG2 (360) has static lighting, but the bloom on NG2 is better done then NGS2

[quote name='TheKbob']Sigma 2 was a more technically competent game in my opinion and I liked the more accessibility difficulty.

NGS2 fixed a lot of that. I feel it's the superior title and look forward to its continuation.[/QUOTE]

"broken mess" is a bit harsh and rings of fanboy-ism.

NG2 on the 360 was still a solid game. Sigma 2 is an improvement, but it's hardly the huge superior that TheKbob makes it out to be. Fact is one can get this game on the 360 now for $5. PS3 players still need to dole out $20. Bottomline: it's another game PS3 gamers seem to have to be paying more to play.

I can't seem to get free shipping even if I get my total to $20+, does backordered items not count?

lol @ all this fuss over the better version. NEITHER is a competent sequel to Ninja Gaiden Black (my favorite game of all time...) I don't even know which one I like less.

It's just a very underwhelming game no matter what. NG2 360 is a mess that throws 20 guys at once at you and spams you with projectiles to create difficulty...it's not balanced and forces you to use a very limited number of safe moves to make progress on harder difficulties [and you can use those moves to completely dominate normal mode so hard it's not even funny...this game has no A.I.] For all its crazy bloody action, the game is stupidly repetitive and frustrating with tons of wtf deaths where you have no idea how you died. This is a far cry from NG:B where most deaths were your own fault and the balance made the game fun and fair, while remaining tough as nails.

NGS2 is profoundly boring. You have smaller fights like NG:B, but the enemies don't have the health, defense, or A.I. of NG:B. The limb removal mechanic makes normal enemies a snap. So you pretty much dominate everything (if you've been playing the series and are good at it) and the game is practically empty. Since the levels are linear, you spend so much time just running through empty, non-interactive corridors. There are huge sections where there are just no enemies at all (the venice stage in particular.) Add on some small annoyances like the changed upgrade system, the lack of chargeable projectiles, NO incendiary shurikens, the weird purple mist, and the underwhelming new characters, and you've got a lateral move from the original NG2.

They're both good enough for a play though. They just suck as sequels to NG:B and even NGS1.

I purchased this with a gift card late last night after it switched to back-order status. It displayed a "Thank you!" page but I never got a confirmation e-mail and its not showing up in my order list.

Is this normal? Thanks in advance!

I was fortunate enough to find this in clearance at Target.

Also reading the people on this thread commenting about the "superior" NG game is also amusing because I am just a casual fan of the series. Some very good comments both good and bad for the "technical" aspects of this game. Good stuff here.

Hoping Amazon will one day match this. I have too much of a backlog as is. I probably would've been in for one had there been free shipping.

If you want a bloody, visceral game that tests your skill and challenge at the cost of performance and technical issues get the 360 version.

If you want a censored, watered down game that does not test your skill, but is much prettier to view and has a bunch of extra features that don't add to a game in a meaningful way but placates the people who want something for their year late port to toss around as bullet points on internet forums, get the PS3 version.

[quote name='ninja dog']lol @ all this fuss over the better version. NEITHER is a competent sequel to Ninja Gaiden Black (my favorite game of all time...) I don't even know which one I like less.

It's just a very underwhelming game no matter what. NG2 360 is a mess that throws 20 guys at once at you and spams you with projectiles to create difficulty...it's not balanced and forces you to use a very limited number of safe moves to make progress on harder difficulties [and you can use those moves to completely dominate normal mode so hard it's not even funny...this game has no A.I.] For all its crazy bloody action, the game is stupidly repetitive and frustrating with tons of wtf deaths where you have no idea how you died. This is a far cry from NG:B where most deaths were your own fault and the balance made the game fun and fair, while remaining tough as nails.

NGS2 is profoundly boring. You have smaller fights like NG:B, but the enemies don't have the health, defense, or A.I. of NG:B. The limb removal mechanic makes normal enemies a snap. So you pretty much dominate everything (if you've been playing the series and are good at it) and the game is practically empty. Since the levels are linear, you spend so much time just running through empty, non-interactive corridors. There are huge sections where there are just no enemies at all (the venice stage in particular.) Add on some small annoyances like the changed upgrade system, the lack of chargeable projectiles, NO incendiary shurikens, the weird purple mist, and the underwhelming new characters, and you've got a lateral move from the original NG2.

They're both good enough for a play though. They just suck as sequels to NG:B and even NGS1.[/QUOTE]

100% agreed with this.

Eh, I thought it was a competent sequel to NG:B. NG:B is technically superior and more balanced in almost every way, but I find NG2's combat more fun and adrenaline fueled. NGB is a defensive based game and NG2 is offense based, but I love them both.

I was annoyed at all the ranged attacks enemies have, but I still enjoyed it. Online is a lot of fun.

I personall prefer DMC to NG though.

Anyone know if the Gamestop-exclusive Special Edition had a price drop as well? It would only be available in-stores.

[quote name='mr_bungle']On one hand, I really am glad we get to play another NG. On the other, after NGS2, who knows what he's going to do. I mean, NG2 was a great game despite its flaws...especially when you learned the ins and outs. It just boggles my mind how you can take a good game with flaws and make a bad game by completely revamping it.

Plus with the picture of Ryu apparently taking off his mask, I'll be pissed if he brings in several characters for the limelight. I hated the girls chapters because I was forced to play them.

What about you?[/QUOTE]

Yes the girls do throw the pace of the game off quite a bit, just like Sigma 1. I think they will be better off in their own game instead of merrying them into Gaiden.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Hmm. I've heard this 1000 times already.

First off, they removed the blood to fix the frame rate? I see. So chapter 11 (NGS2 chapter 14) where you had 15-20 IS ninjas swarming you without a chug in framerate versus NGS2 where it was literally a barren wasteland save for a few dogs (the worst enemy type in NGS2/2). You never had more than 4 ninjas on screen at a time because it would have chugged. And that stair fight was epic with that slow framerate, made it like a slow-mo massacre, lol.

If you think it's superior, more power to ya, but most people that actually appreciated NG at all despise NGS2.

Please tell me, if you beat MNM, that you mastered i-frames..because those "cheap" sections you refer to, I can probably beat without using any items whatsoever. Don't believe me? Watch my upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iXCeTP0rKI[/QUOTE]

Yep. True NG fans know the hard in NG2 is much more satisfying than the hard in NGS2. I hated the 5 izuna drops required to kill one spider ninjas in master ninja difficulty. Also, I take off screen projectile spamming any day than 1 hit kill.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']100% agreed with this.[/QUOTE]

You can't be agreeing with this since you use Itagaki as your avatar. :lol:

It's been a long time since I played NGS but I thought NGS2 was just slightly better which made a little disappointing overall since you'd expect a much bigger improvement.

Got mine at Kmart yesterday for the same price. As for which version is better, Sigma 2 has more boobs and therefore wins by default :D

bread's done
Back