ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Per Gamestop's website:

The Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Collector's Edition GameStop Exclusive comes with:
  • 80 page book containing three sections
  • Art section of exclusive and vibrant Ninja Gaiden art
  • Color comic section that links to NGS2 in game cut scenes and corresponding storyline
  • Strategy guide section to assist you in advancing through the game
  • 10 track soundtrack CD
As a pre-order bonus you get an in game Ryu Costume as well that is Exclusive to Gamestop.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75331

Just like what Atlus is doing to Demons Souls. Including the guide is just awesome. I am in for one :)

EDIT: The box looks pretty sick too. Also added the soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']mine only got 2 copies of the CE. one was mine that was pre-ordered. I think the value in this is going to shoot up.[/QUOTE]

we can only hope

I was the only one that pre-ordered and the only copy they got at the busiest Gamestop in my town. The town on on top of my head 3 stores.

I think it will be pretty rare, but hardly worth a lot like most collector's edition.

[quote name='Fatbot3']So, in a rare move, I think I'm gonna jump on this, namely because it looks like it may be quite rare like original Sigma LE and also because I'm a wuss and I'm really tempted by a lower difficulty.

I have a sealed version of 2 from a Target clearance and was going to trade it in with 3 others for bonus credit from GS.

I felt like I should ask if it is really necessary to keep both versions. For the most part, it sounds like Sigma 2 is a total improvement. The missing blood made a bit weary though and I wanted to know if there were any significant changes that weren't for the better.

I'm a Gaiden fan but only casually. I've had Gaiden 2 on my shelf for a year unopened and don't multiple versions of any other game.[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping my NG2 copy along with this one. If your not strapped for cash then you should keep the original. I posted the differences earlier in this thread. The original NG2 is also a faster game.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I felt like I should ask if it is really necessary to keep both versions. For the most part, it sounds like Sigma 2 is a total improvement. The missing blood made a bit weary though and I wanted to know if there were any significant changes that weren't for the better.
[/QUOTE]

I would keep the 360 version even if you are a casual fan. The 360 version is actually quite different even though both are the same game. After playing Sigma 2 in one sit down, I got to level 6 already. Free weapon upgades and lower cost items for finding more skulls make this game a breeze... I haven't even bought a thing yet from the old man. ;) The game is definetly easier than the 360 version. Think of the 360 version as an "Uncaged Editition." :lol:

Now a question on the code for Ryu costume; I preordered online for store pick up. The website says code would be emailed but doesn't say when. Anyone have an answer?

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I would keep the 360 version even if you are a casual fan. The 360 version is actually quite different even though both are the same game. After playing Sigma 2 in one sit down, I got to level 6 already. Free weapon upgades and lower cost items for finding more skulls make this game a breeze... I haven't even bought a thing yet from the old man. ;) The game is definetly easier than the 360 version. Think of the 360 version as an "Uncaged Editition." :lol:

Now a question on the code for Ryu costume; I preordered online for store pick up. The website says code would be emailed but doesn't say when. Anyone have an answer?[/QUOTE]

i agree the game is a tad bit softer even on warrior

[quote name='MPoWeRM3'] Now a question on the code for Ryu costume; I preordered online for store pick up. The website says code would be emailed but doesn't say when. Anyone have an answer?[/QUOTE]
I did not receive anything in regards to the costume so I emailed them last night. They replied that my request would be forwarded to the promotions department.

[quote name='no_exit']I did not receive anything in regards to the costume so I emailed them last night. They replied that my request would be forwarded to the promotions department.[/QUOTE]

you should have it emailed within a day or so, worst case scenario, go into a local store and see if they have any extra, you can bring your online receipt in to the store.

Not sure how this qualifies as a "deal" but go for it. I'll stick with my non-blood free version of the game, that is, the bloodier and cheaper (and better) 360 version.

[quote name='Jackalope']Not sure how this qualifies as a "deal" but go for it. I'll stick with my non-blood free version of the game, that is, the bloodier and cheaper (and better) 360 version.[/QUOTE]

If by better, you mean uglier (worse lighting), worse textures, worse performance, then yeah.

The PS3 version has a higher resolution, better textures, less frame rate issues (from what I can tell) and overall sharper graphics.

However, the issues I have with it is lack of blood, the remapping of some buttons to one button to do two things (why is this ever a good idea?), the difference in jumping and moving distance (only matters to people playing on the 360) and the fact that Warrior was in my mind easier. Then again I last played NG2 on Master Ninja....

Except for the lack of blood, almost everything else is minor and the game is far improved in the graphics department. I still prefer the 360 version due to the controller and the somewhat oddball things.... If you are a fan, you can't miss either version!!!

[quote name='leesiulung']The PS3 version has a higher resolution, better textures, less frame rate issues (from what I can tell) and overall sharper graphics.

However, the issues I have with it is lack of blood, the remapping of some buttons to one button to do two things (why is this ever a good idea?), the difference in jumping and moving distance (only matters to people playing on the 360) and the fact that Warrior was in my mind easier. Then again I last played NG2 on Master Ninja....

Except for the lack of blood, almost everything else is minor and the game is far improved in the graphics department. I still prefer the 360 version due to the controller and the somewhat oddball things.... If you are a fan, you can't miss either version!!![/QUOTE]

I thought the lack of blood would bother me but it's not as bad. What ruins the game is how easy the game is and the stupid weapon upgrade thing. There is absolutely zero challenge. You'll breeze through on warriors difficulty from the get go. Also the stupid forcing only one weapon upgrade per visit and that you have to upgrade every weapon to level 2 before you can upgrade anything to level 3. I'd wait for price drop if anyone's on the fence about this time. Graphically it looks sharp and nice but there's just no challenge here whatsoever.

I do not recall any glitches in NG2 but it may have crashed on me once if I do remember correctly.

I read an article on NGS1 saying the game didnt do well in Japan and they figure its do to the blood and violence so that is the reason they toned it down, hoping to get more sale in Japan on this one. I'm hoping the controller wont be too much of a difference.
I immediately sold my NG2 once I learned Sigma2 would have the girls in it. Love me some Team Ninja/DOA.

Where the hell is DOA5?

I bought NG2 for my bro's 360 (it was the FREE on one of those buy B2G1F Gamestop deals). From the demo this looks and plays better. Less blood, yes, but the lack of it plus glow makes it clearer which enemies can be hit with the FU button. Also playing as the girls is really quite fun and the co-op seems like it could be pretty brilliant.

Too bad I can't justify buying this game until I finish Sigma 1 (which I love but, damn, it's hard sometimes).

how exactly does the co-op work, will I have to have a friend with the game as well, or can I partner up with a random stranger through PSN?

[quote name='NegativeZero']I do not recall any glitches in NG2 but it may have crashed on me once if I do remember correctly.

I read an article on NGS1 saying the game didnt do well in Japan and they figure its do to the blood and violence so that is the reason they toned it down, hoping to get more sale in Japan on this one. I'm hoping the controller wont be too much of a difference.
I immediately sold my NG2 once I learned Sigma2 would have the girls in it. Love me some Team Ninja/DOA.

Where the hell is DOA5?[/QUOTE]

There was a glitch when you were on a room with green stuff in the bottom, you defeat all the enemies and the room was supposed to open up but you killed everyone and nothing happened. Problem was there was a save point or something there so even if you restarted the console you would end up in the same place. Also bodies ended up floating in the air and what not.

I hope team ninja's new leader, hayashi, will get off his ass and make DOA5. Sigma is just a remix, he needs to do a complete game to prove that he's got what it takes to fill itagakis shoes.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I would keep the 360 version even if you are a casual fan. The 360 version is actually quite different even though both are the same game. After playing Sigma 2 in one sit down, I got to level 6 already. Free weapon upgades and lower cost items for finding more skulls make this game a breeze... I haven't even bought a thing yet from the old man. ;) The game is definetly easier than the 360 version. Think of the 360 version as an "Uncaged Editition." :lol:

Now a question on the code for Ryu costume; I preordered online for store pick up. The website says code would be emailed but doesn't say when. Anyone have an answer?[/QUOTE]

I just received the code today in my email. You should receive it shortly.

[quote name='anubis20']There was a glitch when you were on a room with green stuff in the bottom, you defeat all the enemies and the room was supposed to open up but you killed everyone and nothing happened. Problem was there was a save point or something there so even if you restarted the console you would end up in the same place. Also bodies ended up floating in the air and what not.

I hope team ninja's new leader, hayashi, will get off his ass and make DOA5. Sigma is just a remix, he needs to do a complete game to prove that he's got what it takes to fill itagakis shoes.[/QUOTE]

If NGS2 (blood reduction) is an example, I hope the don't go reducing the cleavage in DOA5 (jubblies made this game from day one). Would be nice if they removed BASS, ZACK, GEN FU, and LEON and then added Momiji, Rachel and another girl or two and maybe like 4 new dudes.

If DOA5 is in production, I am to assume it will be greatness, but all I ask is that it does the series justice as I have been following it since day one from system to system.

[quote name='goodfella0714']I just received the code today in my email. You should receive it shortly.[/QUOTE]
Received my code today as well.

[quote name='NegativeZero']If NGS2 (blood reduction) is an example, I hope the don't go reducing the cleavage in DOA5 (jubblies made this game from day one). [/QUOTE]

How could you possibly extrapolate reduced cleavage in Tecmo's future games from NGS2? NGS2 added three sets of cleavage to look at and sixaxis controlled breast bounce. I don't think you have to worry.

Not sure how rare this might actually be seeing as how they're all over the place in my area. Granted, that's one or two copies at each GS but that's a lot for an exclusive CE.

I might pick it up if I can find a GS with the rave card.

[quote name='anubis20']
I hope team ninja's new leader, hayashi, will get off his ass and make DOA5. Sigma is just a remix, he needs to do a complete game to prove that he's got what it takes to fill itagakis shoes.[/QUOTE]

He is... Other M.

I'll bite on this game when it comes down to $30 or less since I already have the 360 version. And I'm a CAG.

Got mine today... shipped in a bubble mailer... the box is pretty dinged up.:whistle2:?

And I think this might end up a lot like the MGS4 LE. It might show signs of being rare at first but soon, people will realize that it's fairly easy to find. Every GS near me has it in stock and it's still available online.

[quote name='Vinny']Got mine today... shipped in a bubble mailer... the box is pretty dinged up.:whistle2:?

And I think this might end up a lot like the MGS4 LE. It might show signs of being rare at first but soon, people will realize that it's fairly easy to find. Every GS near me has it in stock and it's still available online.[/QUOTE]

The MGS LE had a ridiculously large press comparably. Of course it's impossible to know but the Sigma 1 LE is rare is at least 50 bucks used anywhere online. It often goes for 60-70 and is at least 80 new.

Even MGS4 LE is still around 40 used and 60 new so it hasn't depreciated a ton in well over a year. Maybe that's because it's fantastic.

Yeah, went to GS today, they had plenty on the shelf, dint see any normal ones but lots of LE.

On the other hand, all of the Demon's Souls Deluxe editons are sold out online. Might need to check your store on release day if your looking for it.

[quote name='Valkerion']

On the other hand, all of the Demon's Souls Deluxe editons are sold out online. Might need to check your store on release day if your looking for it.[/QUOTE]

Still available on Amazon.

[quote name='Jackalope']I'll bite on this game when it comes down to $30 or less since I already have the 360 version. And I'm a CAG.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I kinda regret buying the 360 version now. :cry:

[quote name='apathylad']Same here, I kinda regret buying the 360 version now. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm going through 3rd playthrough on my 360 version and second palythrough on PS3. They're pretty much different game with all the changes.

PS3 version is pretty much the retard pack but has better graphic(all the female or coop doesn't add anything to the overall gameplay really).

I call it retard pack b/c they really made it as easy as possible for the retards. The puzzles on NG2 was pretty dumb. Find key 5 feet away from the door then open the door but PS3 removed any puzzles whatsoever. Even the skulls that were hidden were moved around so that it's easier to find. All the hard ass trial challenges that rewarded you with goodies are gone. I'm surprised there isn't a button assigned to "Win". The toned down difficulty really makes the game pathetic.

It's really just a gross overstatment. Is the game now less cheap (projectile spamming and worse camera)? Yes. Is the game easier? Sure. It comes with the territory of being less cheap. The game has been toned down in general, especially when compared to previous Ninja Gaidens, but it's not that easy when compared to action games in general.

And as for removing the puzzles... come on. The puzzles just wasted my time when playing NG2. The decision to remove them wasn't because people didn't know what to do in NG2. They were removed because the puzzles were absolutely pointless.

And before you scoff at how I suck at games, I've beaten all the Ninja Gaidens, including II, on Master Ninja. NGS2 is polished (unlike NG2) and the additions (female trio/co-op) clearly DO add to the gameplay.

[quote name='GuardianE']It's really just a gross overstatment. Is the game now less cheap (projectile spamming and worse camera)? Yes. Is the game easier? Sure. It comes with the territory of being less cheap. The game has been toned down in general, especially when compared to previous Ninja Gaidens, but it's not that easy when compared to action games in general.

And as for removing the puzzles... come on. The puzzles just wasted my time when playing NG2. The decision to remove them wasn't because people didn't know what to do in NG2. They were removed because the puzzles were absolutely pointless.

And before you scoff at how I suck at games, I've beaten all the Ninja Gaidens, including II, on Master Ninja. NGS2 is polished (unlike NG2) and the additions (female trio/co-op) clearly DO add to the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Couldn't have said it better!! Us NG veterans find this game easy, but tell that to all that people selling it on eBay after playing it for a day, they can't handle it. All in all, to me it's like I am playing a whole new NG game, matter of fact, i had completely forgotten certain parts of the game.

[quote name='anubis20']:applause:

Couldn't have said it better!! Us NG veterans find this game easy, but tell that to all that people selling it on eBay after playing it for a day, they can't handle it. All in all, to me it's like I am playing a whole new NG game, matter of fact, i had completely forgotten certain parts of the game.[/QUOTE]

Series fans would buy every single version and be happy about all of them. As a fan myself, I like NG Black/NG the most on the original Xbox, followed by Simga 1 (PS3), NG2 (360), then finally Simga 2 (PS3). Although Simga 2 is last on my list, it's still a good attempt by the new producer.

For those who said the 360 NG2 was flawed, yes it is, somewhat, but you gotta think a step above. How could Itagaki make NG/Black and all the DOAs so well and semi-screwed NG2? Obviously he was not happy with the company at the time when he started making NG2. The mood to create a NGBlack level NG2 were completely gone due to his struggle with the company. The only thing made him finish the project was because of his fans. It's obvious Itagaki could have made NG2 more on par with NGBlack, but given his situation, I could definetely understand. He quit on the release day of NG2. That showed how much he hated the company and would not stay a day longer after his final project for his fans.

As an action-game fan (I beat Devil May cry on DMD, I'd say I'm no slouch), I've been somewhat intimidated by Ninja Gaiden as a series. I've played through a chunk of Ninja Gaiden Black and I had a blast.

So far, I find NGS2 to be challenging. This version may be easier than Ninja Gaiden II, but taken at face value as an action game, it certainly isn't easy.

anyone got a spare costume code to spare :S. I went to pick my copy of collectors but they didn't give me a costume code :S

I may have actually gotten a teeny bit more hardcore thanks to a being a recovering achievement whore but NG1 on the Xbox stopped me around half way through.

I bought Sigma on sale and intend to go back through but I was admittedly pretty happy to see that Sigma 2 was made more accessible. I'm sad to see that it doesn't have a the higher difficulties from NG2 but if I find I really need them I'll pick up the 360 version again.

bread's done
Back