Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for PS3 @ $49.98, GameStop

Thanks for posting OP. Its pretty sad that this can be considered a deal since it came out so long ago! I'm still holding out for an Amazon price drop, might not be too long now. Also- best action franchise ever.

This isn't a very good deal for how old the game is. You could probably buy it off Amazon for like $30-40 now.

[quote name='neuropunk']This isn't a very good deal for how old the game is. You could probably buy it off Amazon for like $30-40 now.[/QUOTE]

Last time I saw it was going for $59.82 @ Amazon ;)

Best Buy will have a $20 coupon for it starting tomorrow or Sunday (forget which)

was kinda hoping the game would drop to $40 new before then but this is nice too :) assuming Best Buy drops the price as well

Sigma 2 sucks compared to the other Ninja Gaiden games. It's worth $30 tops, I have spent countless hours with each game, but Sigma 2 just didn't go over well with me. Master Ninja mode, for the first time ever, felt like a sluggish chore rather than an adrenaline-fueled experience.

[quote name='ippo']bought it for 12.97 at sears. :)[/QUOTE]

Me too! I was like wtf!? and grabbed it as soon as I saw it. I had no idea it was still selling for $60 everywhere else.

[quote name='bsschorr']The Collector's Edition has been $49.98 for about a month now.[/QUOTE]

yeah. Im hoping it goes lower because the copy at my store is so beat up.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']I'm not paying anything over $20 for this game. It was $10 (on 360) a year ago. I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

haha same. I really want this too and have a feeling this will be hard to find in the future for cheap.

[quote name='buckythekat']:hot:

note to self go to Sears tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Note to you...CAGers have been buying them since the price dropped to 19.99 a few months ago. Therefore you have a slim chance of getting one. But also look out for Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 since that's another hot commodity.

:whistle2:#

12.97 seems about right, I am going to search my local sears. How is this at $50 and GOWIII was $35 two days ago?!

Game isn't bad at all. I was surprised at how long the game was since it just kept going whenever I thought I was near the end. Compared to NGS1, flashier combos are easier to pull off and are very satisfying. Definitely worth ~$40. However, $60 for how old the game is, is stretching it IMO.

i actually grabbed the UK collector's edition of ninja gaiden sigma 2 from hmv.com during a recent sale for 19GBP ($28) after shipping to New York City. it has all the same content as the US edition, but with a different slipcover.

if anyone is interested, and doesn't mind importing, check the site from time to time. I have sen this price twice since my purchase.

too much for aremake of a 360 game, new content yeah but not that much the 360 NG 2 can be had for $10 not woth 50 + tax plus shipping yeah no.

[quote name='Zippon']Wow. You just figured out used games are cheaper than new games. :applause:

Too bad both the first post and the one that your responding to are talking about new prices.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I've had that figured out for years. No one talked about new prices. I found copies for much cheaper than TC, so it's not really a good deal that TC posted, just a mere $10 markdown from a new $60 retail game isn't really much of a deal at all.

[quote name='neuropunk']Nah, I've had that figured out for years. No one talked about new prices. I found copies for much cheaper than TC, so it's not really a good deal that TC posted, just a mere $10 markdown from a new $60 retail game isn't really much of a deal at all.[/QUOTE]

If you actually take the time to click on the link it shows the $10.01 drop from the old price for the new version so they were talking about the new copy not the used copy. Also a $10 markdown are good enough for some people to buy the game.

[quote name='vertdogggg']12.97 seems about right, I am going to search my local sears. How is this at $50 and GOWIII was $35 two days ago?![/QUOTE]

If you care about gameplay, then you know Gaiden > GoW. GoW is nothing but a flashy button masher. I've mashed all 4 (3 on PS3 and 1 on PSP) games to the finish on normal difficulty and none of them gives me the urge to replay again. Try mashing your way in any Ninja Gaiden game on any difficulty and you'll be greeted with "game over" screen over and over again. To be fair, both series may look like hack n slash but they are completely different. Gaiden plays like a hardcore fighting game and GoW plays like your average mass marketed hack n slash. The only other game with Gaiden play mechanics is Bayonetta; maybe even Devil May Cry. The rest are just button mashing hack n slash.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neuropunk']Nah, I've had that figured out for years. No one talked about new prices. I found copies for much cheaper than TC, so it's not really a good deal that TC posted, just a mere $10 markdown from a new $60 retail game isn't really much of a deal at all.[/QUOTE]

If you figured out used games are cheaper than new games...then why did you link us to a used game when the OP was about a new game?:roll:

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']If you care about gameplay, then you know Gaiden > GoW. GoW is nothing but a flashy button masher. I've mashed all 4 (3 on PS3 and 1 on PSP) games to the finish on normal difficulty and none of them gives me the urge to replay again. Try mashing your way in any Ninja Gaiden game on any difficulty and you'll be greeted with "game over" screen over and over again. To be fair, both series may look like hack n slash but they are completely different. Gaiden plays like a hardcore fighting game and GoW plays like your average mass marketed hack n slash. The only other game with Gaiden play mechanics is Bayonetta; maybe even Devil May Cry. The rest are just button mashing hack n slash.[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you said, except that Bayonetta and DMC are more akin to GoW then they ever will be to Gaiden. It really is in a league of its own. Bayonetta is a slightly more in depth version of DMC. Also, its pretty cool how higher difficulty settings end up leading to more action in NG.

It's a ps3 game. Honestly your chance of getting a bad/scratched disc on a ps3 game used is far, far, far less than a 360 game. I never bought used when I had a 360 because no one takes care of their discs. I buy used all the time for ps3 as you almost have to "try" to scratch those for them to get a scratch. So in my mind buying used on ps3 is equally as good as buying new, as long as it doesn't have any of those "by new and get a code" things.

I agree about the button-mashing comments. I'm not particularly good at fighters, but I can hold my own in GoW. I pretty quickly hit a wall in NGS2 when trying the same tactic. You really do have to use the right tactics--there is no "spam this to win" button.

The early levels suck, though, since I can't tell my "wildly jumping around black-clad ninja" from the horde of "wildly jumping around black-clad ninjas" trying to kill me. LOL

[quote name='DeathBringer']This game is like $15 in sears[/QUOTE]

IF you can find it. Most copies disappeared months ago when it was $20.

People making the Sears comments aren't helping anyone by neglecting to mention that Sears has been heavily picked over for months.

I got it for $20 at Sears 2 months ago :) I don't even have time to open it up and still have plenty of new & sealed games in my collection.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I got it for $20 at Sears 2 months ago :) I don't even have time to open it up and still have plenty of new & sealed games in my collection.[/QUOTE]

O Rly? Want to trade? CML lol.

I got it at $20 too. Opened to check if the disc was still in there, and still haven't played it. $49.98 seems incredibly expensive for something that isn't even a CE and is as old as this. Maybe I just don't see it.

[quote name='Interfeci']I got it at $20 too. Opened to check if the disc was still in there, and still haven't played it. $49.98 seems incredibly expensive for something that isn't even a CE and is as old as this. Maybe I just don't see it.[/QUOTE]

It did have a CE. It was a GS exclusive though....It's old...I got it for $30 at sears in January.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I went to Sears, never found it. I really want this beast!![/QUOTE]

Do you have a 360? It's the superior version. Coming from someone who has spent hundreds of hours in NG as a series, NG2>>NGS2 on so many levels. And I was more excited about this game than any last year:cry:

bread's done
Back