Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - $19.19 @ Amazon.com

I got this on clearance at Kmart a 2-3 months ago for $20. I hate this game. Not because it isn't good but because it is HARD. I am a pretty casual player and play for fun and relaxation, and this game only frustrates me.

[quote name='dugbrandon']I got this on clearance at Kmart a 2-3 months ago for $20. I hate this game. Not because it isn't good but because it is HARD. I am a pretty casual player and play for fun and relaxation, and this game only frustrates me.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda famous for being difficult.

an excellent game for $20. if your looking for a challenge this game is it. one of the high accomplishments of my life is passing Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja, both story mode and ninja tournament.

Then you might like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, the easiest NG game to date. These games are SUPPOSED to be hard, and they all were until NGS2 came around *shakes old man fist*

As a fan of the NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy and a proud owner of a PS3 (as of this Monday), should I pick this up? How different is this new Ninja Gaiden?

[quote name='Cage017']As a fan of the NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy and a proud owner of a PS3 (as of this Monday), should I pick this up? How different is this new Ninja Gaiden?[/QUOTE]

Both good, but not comparable.

i heard a few bad reviews about this game.

maybe because they weren't into ninja type games.

makes me wonder why they even bought it in the first place, lol

[quote name='JaroldL']i heard a few bad reviews about this game.

maybe because they weren't into ninja type games.

makes me wonder why they even bought it in the first place, lol[/QUOTE]

What, IGN?

All reviews are bound to be BIAS in some way. This game is a great game.

Hmm, I already own the original version and Black, but for this price with no tax or shipping it is tempting. Worth it to triple dip?

[quote name='Fonic']Hmm, I already own the original version and Black, but for this price with no tax or shipping it is tempting. Worth it to triple dip?[/QUOTE]

lol that just sounds dirty

I don't know, I'd probably still wait for it to go cheaper. You'd think Sigma 2 would go down in price quick after it's really low sales but you never know with Tecmo.

It's been 20 for quite some time now. I saw it on amazon for 16.xx a few weeks ago with FSSS. It's a definite must buy if you have never played NG, but NGS2 you should wait until it's 20 or less, it's not that good compared to the others. I LOVED NG2 but NGS2 was a step backwards more than it was forwards.

[quote name='Gbear09'][quote name='Fonic']Hmm, I already own the original version and Black, but for this price with no tax or shipping it is tempting. Worth it to triple dip?[/QUOTE]
lol that just sounds dirty[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl:

[quote name='sotc1988']I don't know, I'd probably still wait for it to go cheaper. You'd think Sigma 2 would go down in price quick after it's really low sales but you never know with Tecmo.[/QUOTE]

Took forever for the first Sigma to drop, especially considering it was a remake of a game from the original XBox--you're gonna have to be patient.

[quote name='CaoPi']solid game! Although it was annoying how you had to use the six-axis to power up NINPO[/QUOTE]

Even more annoying when you go back to NG Black and catch yourself shaking your 360 controller.

Sigma is definitely worth $20. It's really not that hard of a game if you're patient and actually dodge/block.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Then you might like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, the easiest NG game to date. These games are SUPPOSED to be hard, and they all were until NGS2 came around *shakes old man fist*[/QUOTE]

It's a really tough call. Sigma 2 looks so much nicer (though they still could have fixed a lot of the issues like the screen tearing, and the load times appear more frequent and longer...) and runs much better (no stuttering during fights) and the new levels/characters are a decent addition. But the lack of blood, which I didn't think would be a huge deal, along with the easier difficulty just doesn't feel right...

I got through half of the game on the 360 before my 360 decided it doesn't want to play the game anymore... I'm just playing Sigma 2 on easy to get it over with and stick on my shelf. I started it on normal but went back and restarted... NG2 just isn't as good as the original. It's a good game but I'm just not enjoying it as much as I did the previous NG.

I hate to say it but if you want an authentic NG experience, get it on the 360.

[quote name='Unrealevil']It's kinda famous for being difficult.[/QUOTE]

Surely, this game can't be harder than Shinobi (PS2), right? I played the demo of Ninja Gaiden, and I found it to be extremely easy.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Surely, this game can't be harder than Shinobi (PS2), right? I played the demo of Ninja Gaiden, and I found it to be extremely easy.[/QUOTE]

I've only played the Genesis version of Shinobi, so I don't know about that, and actually, I've never played Sigma. But I played the original Xbox's Ninja Gaiden and that is pretty fucking difficult.

I remember getting to a checkpoint only to be ambushed by three ninjas who then got my health down really low. So I saved. Then another ambush came after saving, they killed me, but I'm like, "It's cool, I saved." But then I realized I saved with really low health.

[quote name='Vinny']Sigma is defin
itely worth $20. It's really not that hard of a game if you're patient and actually dodge/block.
I hate to say it but if you want an authentic NG experience, get it on the 360.[/QUOTE]

So very true. I suppose the 360 version is the "purest" of the two since Itagaki was still heading Team Ninja at the time. No way would he have allowed the easier Sigma 2 to be released (at least not without another chance to mock the player, may be instead of Ninja Dog, he'd call us Ninja P*ss*es).

On a sidenote, does Sigma on the PS3 include arcade unlockables?

I kept both Ninja Gaiden and Black on my Xbox because the first release includes the original 8-bit trilogy as unlockables. Black oddly got rid of these unlockables but has the arcade Ninja Gaiden as a bonus. While I suppose you can get these through downloads now, I just like having tangible copies ;-)

I bought Ninja Gaiden 2 for 360 (don't have a system yet but got some good playtime in and liked it -- though it's freaking hard!). I've heard Sigma 2 is substantially easier, which I suppose is okay but then again, I feel like I get a thrill from Ninja Gaiden only because it's so darn hard ;-)

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Surely, this game can't be harder than Shinobi (PS2), right? I played the demo of Ninja Gaiden, and I found it to be extremely easy.[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for the Sigma versions, but having played Shinobi on PS2, I'd say NG on Xbox is at least ten times harder. NG2 on 360 is a bit more tolerable but still WAY harder than Shinobi.

Isn't Shinobi (PS2) harder for a totally different reason? From what I gather, Shinobi (PS2) was hard b/c of poor game design, whereas Ninja Gaiden's difficulty is primarily skill-based.

[quote name='AwRy108']Isn't Shinobi (PS2) harder for a totally different reason? From what I gather, Shinobi (PS2) was hard b/c of poor game design, whereas Ninja Gaiden's difficulty is primarily skill-based.[/QUOTE]

That's also true. Shinobi's camera goes bonkers and oftentimes can't follow the action at all (Sega sort of fixed the problem in the spiritual successor, Nightshade, though it's still madly frustrating at times).

At least in NG, when you die, you (mostly) die because you're not good enough. The AI is just that smart (as you would expect trained assassins to be).

In this sense, I guess it's unfair to compare NG with Shinobi. Shinobi is not the AAA game NG is (yet another franchise Sega buried into the ground). I think a more fair question would be is NG as hard as Contra Hard Corps for the Genesis? Your answer: Yes, but in that comparison, not by much. ;-)

[quote name='Cage017']As a fan of the NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy and a proud owner of a PS3 (as of this Monday), should I pick this up? How different is this new Ninja Gaiden?[/QUOTE]

This was a great game. I rented it when it came out, and I still consider it one of my favorite PS3 games. You should definitely buy it.

Sigma is awesome, anyone who doesn't have it should pick it up. It really does the NG on xbox justice, it's just a good remake. Anyone who's somewhat decent at games might die, but you'll be able to get through it.

[quote name='milkzhakes']an excellent game for $20. if your looking for a challenge this game is it. one of the high accomplishments of my life is passing Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja, both story mode and ninja tournament.[/QUOTE]

$15 and it's mine. $18.99 right now, and I'm still holding back.

They both have Ryu Hayabusa and are difficult that's pretty much all. It's a great game if you like ninjas and a challenge. Bonus Rachel has some nice "teeth". :p

It's $20 at all Best Buys.

And, to be honest, if you want LOL HARD games, Devil May Cry is usually better in every way than any NG game.

And NG2 on the Xbox was just a terribly designed game. Most people who loved NG1 and DMC and God Hand and all the other LOL HARD games felt the same way.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It's $20 at all Best Buys.

And, to be honest, if you want LOL HARD games, Devil May Cry is usually better in every way than any NG game.

And NG2 on the Xbox was just a terribly designed game. Most people who loved NG1 and DMC and God Hand and all the other LOL HARD games felt the same way.[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to disagree here. DMC3 was the only hard DMC game. DMC4 was really easy, even on DMD mode, and NG1 was easier than NG2. Not to say that DMC are bad games, I enjoy them a lot. And NG2 was a crappy designed game, but it was because it was rushed out due to Itagaki leaving, the stuff NG2 did good, it did REALLY good...

[quote name='mr_bungle']Gonna have to disagree here. DMC3 was the only hard DMC game. DMC4 was really easy, even on DMD mode, and NG1 was easier than NG2. Not to say that DMC are bad games, I enjoy them a lot. And NG2 was a crappy designed game, but it was because it was rushed out due to Itagaki leaving, the stuff NG2 did good, it did REALLY good...[/QUOTE]
You must not have played DMC1.

And, besides, challenge doesn't make the game. DMC4 may have been a cakewalk, but its combat system and overall gameplay was a load more fun than NG2's was.

Woot! Price drop to $14.79. I'm definitely picking this bad boy up. I've been wanting this game for a very long time, but just never got to it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']You must not have played DMC1.

And, besides, challenge doesn't make the game. DMC4 may have been a cakewalk, but its combat system and overall gameplay was a load more fun than NG2's was.[/QUOTE]

Action games are my forte, and I own DMC1. DMC4's combat was pretty basic, NG2 has a massively robust move set for its weapons, and has IMO the very best combat of any action game.

I'm not going to go into what game had the best combat system, but other than DMC3's DMD mode being impossible, I would say NG definitely had a steeper learning curve.

Is this game and the 2nd one the same as the Xbox original Ninja Gaiden and 360 Ninja Gaiden 2?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Gonna have to disagree here. DMC3 was the only hard DMC game. DMC4 was really easy, even on DMD mode, and NG1 was easier than NG2. Not to say that DMC are bad games, I enjoy them a lot. And NG2 was a crappy designed game, but it was because it was rushed out due to Itagaki leaving, the stuff NG2 did good, it did REALLY good...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mr_bungle']Action games are my forte, and I own DMC1. DMC4's combat was pretty basic, NG2 has a massively robust move set for its weapons, and has IMO the very best combat of any action game.[/QUOTE]
QFT. Although, I'll give him that DMC1 was also difficult.

DMC's combat is okay, but in general, the games just aren't that interesting, and certainly not enough for me to play it when there's no challenge (DMC2 and 4).

[quote name='KMunley']Is this game and the 2nd one the same as the Xbox original Ninja Gaiden and 360 Ninja Gaiden 2?[/QUOTE]
They're both remakes. They both added a few things, changed a few things, and upgraded the graphics.

bread's done
Back