Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) $50 @ Amazon

For me this game is $19.99 or bust. I mean the original XBOX version is 100% upconverted to 720p on the 360, full 16/9 aspect ratio and all (it does take forever to load when you first start though)and looks damn good on the 360 for being a last gen game.

I played the demo of Sigma on PS3 and while of course it looks better, the upgrade just isnt worth 50 bucks, even though Ninja Gaiden is a great game.

[quote name='roymustang']For me this game is $19.99 or bust. I mean the original XBOX version is 100% upconverted to 720p on the 360, full 16/9 aspect ratio and all (it does take forever to load when you first start though)and looks damn good on the 360 for being a last gen game.

I played the demo of Sigma on PS3 and while of course it looks better, the upgrade just isnt worth 50 bucks, even though Ninja Gaiden is a great game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. One has to wonder why they haven't dropped the price to $30 yet--it'd sell a ton of copies once it gets cheaper!

I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I actually didn't even like the demo for this game. Maybe the actual game is better? On the other hand, I picked up Genji 2 at the Frys.com Black Friday sale for $14.99 and I think it was well worth it. Just my opinion though.

why do people buy genji?

thats my question...

played the demo when i got my ps3 at launch and thought it was absoutely horrible, i wouldnt even pay $1 for the game if the point was me playing it (not turning around and trading it/selling it)

i dont love sigma, but wow, they are still in two seperate realms (quality of the titles)

[quote name='coolz481']I'd pick this up at $29.99, but nothing higher.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably bite at this price. I tell myself $19.99, but I'd be tempted at $29.99.

I already have both the original and Black, so I can't justify paying that much for the game third time around.

[quote name='roymustang']For me this game is $19.99 or bust. I mean the original XBOX version is 100% upconverted to 720p on the 360, full 16/9 aspect ratio and all (it does take forever to load when you first start though)and looks damn good on the 360 for being a last gen game.

I played the demo of Sigma on PS3 and while of course it looks better, the upgrade just isnt worth 50 bucks, even though Ninja Gaiden is a great game.[/quote]

When i tried it, the original one looked like crap compared to this version.

I played the demo of Sigma on PS3 and while of course it looks better, the upgrade just isnt worth 50 bucks, even though Ninja Gaiden is a great game.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the PS3 version DOES NOT HAVE THE NES NG unlockable! lame

I can say I own both versions and I would not bother buying the PS3 version if I had it over to do again. The load times and the pauses in the PS3 version are unbearable. It is pretty, but its not worth the price or admission. xbox version on 360 plays much much smoother even though the PS3 version forces you to save a 4 gigbyte cache file on the PS3 it does not help much, its really disappointing the way this game performs.

when i first got my ps3 i picked this game up, mostly based on ign's 9 point something rating. i was so disappointed that it was nearly identical to the xbox version. i haven't played it since that first time =/

why is this game so SLOW in dropping in price... Tecmo want PS3 owners to pay full price for their very well rehashed game, and yet, no Ninja Gaiden 2 commitment. BS

[quote name='coolz481']I'd pick this up at $29.99, but nothing higher.[/quote]

Thats my absolute max as well, but more likely for $20. The only reason i'm even waiting for this game to drop over just buying Black is for Rachel's playability.

Damn, I figured I'd come on here to see people clamoring about the game but am glad to see others with my same opinion -- $20 or less is my buying point for this game.

Oblivion can go for $20 but this can't -- something's wrong here.

i too am waiting for price drop for this game. i never played any NGS before but the demo kicked so much ass; but i never buy games over $40.00(cept for cod4, got it for 48@target. that game rocks)

bread's done
Back