Nintendo 3DS $99 with trade-in (DSL, DSi, DSi XL) and PUR Coupon (8/12 - 8/14)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not too bad for a DS Lite or DSi trade-in. Given all threads on the 3DS price drop, I thought this needed its own thread.

EDIT:

If you're not a PUR member or don't have a coupon, the trade-in offers are tiered:
DSi XL: $99
DSi : $109
DSL: $119

this amounts to about + $10 trade-in

$99 for a 3DS?
It Must Be a PowerUp Rewards Pro™ Exclusive!

It's a mobile gamers dream! For a limited time, PowerUp Rewards Pro™ members can get a brand new 3DS for only $99* when you trade in your old DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL between Friday, August 12, and Sunday, August 14.

This hot deal requires a coupon, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon Friday, August 12* in the Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your Pro members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store to take advantage of this offer.
Even if you don't own a DS system to trade, you can still take advantage of an awesome price drop! Upgrade the way you game to start playing in glorious 3D without 3D glasses. Get your 3DS for the low price of only $169.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gauu']plain and simple then...he only gave me 45$ for the dsi as the system was having errors and wrote on the receipt he would refund me 16.07 when i pick up the red 3ds. it should be 26.07 1.07 for the tax difference and 25(aka 70 is what it shouldve traded in for so 70-45=25$) does that make more sense???

as far as the dm not liking me its cause i buy a lot of rpgs and he thinks since im spending so much on games that im just dealing games. i collect rpgs for all systems and some come out on multiple systems. hence the same game being bought more then once just for a different system. anyhow due to him thinking im a dealer he has me flagged to watch out for in the system. thats why im saying im worried on what to do.[/QUOTE]

found your problem.
he didnt apply the coupon code.
to 2 places i went to today said they couldnt apply coupon to to preorder the red 3ds.
even though a few other cags didn't have problems, I did.
the employee said she can only offer the trade in offer, which in your case would add up. since dsi only gets 109.99$

you shouldve noticed that immediately and said u wanted the coupon base.

i'd just take the loss since the coupon is expired now, and i had problems pre ordering red 3dsi by trading in my ds lite.

i just went with black and got it for $99

[quote name='steve nash']http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMESTOP-COUPON...10728772557?pt=US_Coupons&hash=item19c7f2fbcd

lolokh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

how does this work? and the seller has 0 feedback?

i wouldve kept my dsi and i did notice that he didnt give the promotion amount correct. only reason i went with red is cause they were sold out but he said he would honor it on the receipt for the preorder.

Went in yesterday to do it. Everything went moderately smooth. Basically i put in a pre-order for the Flame Red. but the only way he could do it is to manually override the TIV of my DS lite to $70. instead of the measly 25 or whatever. Anyways, i always go into this store and all the employees know me. so it wasnt a problem for them to override it for me. now to find some cheap games for the 3ds before 9/9

nice darth im hoping i dont have an issue going to talk to the guy today and see if he can fix the issue without any problems.

Im loving my 3ds. And I was so on the fence about getting one. The TIV gamestop offered, was all I needed to be nudged in the right direction. :)

Any CAGs going to try and return it for the credit instead? ;)

I want to return it but hang on to the credit until a limited edition is announced. I'm a sucker for handhelds; especially SE versions :).

[quote name='Ed_']Any CAGs going to try and return it for the credit instead? ;)

I want to return it but hang on to the credit until a limited edition is announced. I'm a sucker for handhelds; especially SE versions :).[/QUOTE]

Honestly I am thinking about it. Probably would go towards my Gears of War 3 console I have pre-ordered already.

I would much rather have a bundle or a SE variant as well. I love my Red Mario DSi XL so much. :D

[quote name='Ed_']Any CAGs going to try and return it for the credit instead? ;)

I want to return it but hang on to the credit until a limited edition is announced. I'm a sucker for handhelds; especially SE versions :).[/QUOTE]
was thinking of doing that. but i'm a sucker for classic black. it looks great on every ds tbh.

[quote name='akuma77']was thinking of doing that. but i'm a sucker for classic black. it looks great on every ds tbh.[/QUOTE]

thatsrighton128513015029218750.jpg

I must live near an awesome gamestop because the guys working there immediately asked if i was interested in the Red 3ds because they could fix it up so I could get that one under the deal.

Well for those still interested in trading in your ds lites or w/e . I went in yesterday and they told me the deal was over but i was set on a 3ds anyway. I traded in my DS lite + my power rewards card. They also told me if I preordered gears of war 3 it would add another 25% extra s well on games I traded in. My DS lite , white normal version with a stylus scored me 50$ credit!!!! pokemon white for 22$ and a bunch of other random games. In total my system was "free" and i walked out without having to pay anything ^^;;. But yea just letting people know that if you trade your ds lite + reserve ( dunno if it really helped or not ) your ds lite can still take 50$ off the new system!!!

It's the tiered trade that continues until Sept 11th. $40 for DS, $50 for DSL, $60 for DSi, and $70 for DSi XL. The coupon was awesome for those with the Lites.

Someone mentioned that they might be doing it again when the Red version comes out but how likely will the Lite still get $70?

[quote name='forgetpanda']Well for those still interested in trading in your ds lites or w/e . I went in yesterday and they told me the deal was over but i was set on a 3ds anyway. I traded in my DS lite + my power rewards card. They also told me if I preordered gears of war 3 it would add another 25% extra s well on games I traded in. My DS lite , white normal version with a stylus scored me 50$ credit!!!! pokemon white for 22$ and a bunch of other random games. In total my system was "free" and i walked out without having to pay anything ^^;;. But yea just letting people know that if you trade your ds lite + reserve ( dunno if it really helped or not ) your ds lite can still take 50$ off the new system!!![/QUOTE]

Trading in a DSL/DSi/DSiXL towards a 3DS will get you $50/$60/$70 through September 11. The coupon was so the DSL/DSi also gave you $70 towards the 3DS.

$70 for my old as hell DSLite was pretty good.

Got the Aqua Blue one.... Was a little upset at first, because I wanted the black one BUT it has grown on me.

Overall pretty happy with my buy.

bread's done
Back