Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24198[/IMG-R]According to a trusted source, Walmart will be dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS on August 9th, 3 days before the official drop takes effect. This means savvy shoppers will be able to get the new low price and the 20 free downloadable games available as a reward to early adopters of the 3DS. Just connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the deuce?
unled1fkh.jpg

One of the Walmarts in Cache Valley, UT already had a rollback tag on the 3DS units so there was no hassle at all. Good chance it's nationwide so anyone who had no luck before probably just has some busy/lazy managers.

[quote name='baltazario']The one at Mecham Rd. Elk Grove Village, IL. still has some. Just bought a black one. Went in at about 8am, the price came up as $249 with the hand scanner. She did not know anything about the sale but then I came back at 10am and they had updated the price to $169. Thanks Cheapy![/QUOTE]

That is the one I went to at 8am this morning. I hope they have some later this evening when I get out of work. Thanks for the heads up.

Just got mine in Sterling Height Michigan, got there at exactly the monment the manager was adjusting the price. Good thing I didn't go there at midnight. Also there were plenty of them there in stock.

I got the Aqua Blue 3DS for my niece for her birthday at the Opelousas, La Super Walmart. They had a sign up with the new lower price on it. Her birthday was on July 28th. Better late than never. Thanks Cheapy !

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Man, I was reading through the thread, quivering with anticipation of the price drop not happening and then it did. There goes my entertainment for the day. :\[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll find another thread to troll. You always do.

[quote name='coldwine']If there's a jump in retail sales for the month we'll know who to thank (or blame, LOL). Way to go Cheapy![/QUOTE] Yes because Nintendo's price drop on the 12th won't increase retail sales in any significant way this month

I already bought my 3DS at Best Buy. Would I be able to get them to adjust the price today? Do I have to print out something from Wal Mart?

Got mine in Henry County in GA. went at 8:00 and the drop had not gone into effect. at 8:45 I found the department manager in the electronics section and asked about the price drop and the manager confirmed it and asked if I was going to purchase one. the manager lowered the price for me right then and there.

I just got a BestBuy price adjustment with no hassle. Simply told them that the Wal-Mart across the street had them for $169.96, they called over to Wal-Mart to confirm it was that price and in stock, walked out 10 minutes later with the price adjustment. The kid at mine was really nice too. I can post pics of the receipt if necessary.

[quote name='apathylad']I already bought my 3DS at Best Buy. Would I be able to get them to adjust the price today? Do I have to print out something from Wal Mart?[/QUOTE]

You likely won't be able to unless you can get them to call up a Walmart and have them confirm the in-store price. Even that is YMMV as Best Buy likely won't accept it unless it's "advertised" and this isn't an advertised deal as of now. You should have no problem getting an adjustment after the 12th though so no worries.

Just came back from one of the stores in Knoxville, TN. It already had the 169.96 price tag set up. I got the last Aqua Blue model but there were plenty of Cosmo Blacks left. Kind of annoying since I went at midnight and it wasn't changed yet. At least I got one and that is the important thing. I have avoided playing/seeing a 3DS just so I can experience the 3D myself after buying one. Finally, I'll get that chance! (Got Zelda too ^_^)

[quote name='elsnerma']I just got a BestBuy price adjustment with no hassle. Simply told them that the Wal-Mart across the street had them for $169.96, they called over to Wal-Mart to confirm it was that price and in stock, walked out 10 minutes later with the price adjustment. The kid at mine was really nice too. I can post pics of the receipt if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Was this in Natick, MA by any chance?

Confirming: Wal-Mart on 87th Ave and 12th St in Miami, FL

Had about 7 Black and 7 Aqua Blue, price/sticker was updated to $169.

Confirming that Columbia, MO has the price drop at Wal Mart. I was able to go to Best Buy and have them price match it and got my $87.36 back from last week when I picked mine up. Thanks for the heads up Cheapy!

Anyone tried any LA stores yet? I've never been to a wal-mart down here, but was thinking of checking one out on Crenshaw on my lunch break. Would love to get confirmation from one of you guys, though!

Price is a go at Strongsville, OH Wal-Mart. Shelf tags and signs advertising the new price. Pics available of the signs, tags, and receipt if needed. They have 4 cosmo black and 5 aqua blue still on the floor.

Went to WM on Independence in Springfield, MO. The tags were up for the drop. Got a pic with my iPhone. Went across the street to get the one I bought at BB adjusted. He didn't even look at the pic I took and said it was the 2nd one of the day. Got $86.92 back.

Thanks Cheapy!!

[quote name='KamikazeSim'] I have avoided playing/seeing a 3DS just so I can experience the 3D myself after buying one. Finally, I'll get that chance! (Got Zelda too ^_^)[/QUOTE]

Same here with avoiding checkIng a 3ds because I wanted to experience it on my very own system.

[quote name='jcespino']no go in Torrance, CA. still rings up as $249.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess this saves me a trip, this is the closest Walmart to me and I don't think I want to drive to the Crenshaw one.

Scored one a little over an hour ago at Livonia, MI. Prices were marked down at the shelf.

Took the last black one... there were 2 or 3 blue ones when I left.

Went to the East Hills WalMart in Bakersfield, CA. Manager was cool--the price hadn't dropped yet but he went ahead and did it for me. Had a grip of black and a good amount of aqua as well. GREAT SUCCESS

[quote name='heavy liquid']Scored one a little over an hour ago at Livonia, MI. Prices were marked down at the shelf.

Took the last black one... there were 2 or 3 blue ones when I left.[/QUOTE]
which livonia store? the plymouth road or 7 mile location? (I still haven't gotten out for my lunch break to go and pick one up)

[quote name='8bitogre']+1 Printed this out, went to Best Buy in Langhorne, PA and got a price match with no hassle.[/QUOTE]

Awsome glad it worked for somebody else

[quote name='bluemax']Well I guess this saves me a trip, this is the closest Walmart to me and I don't think I want to drive to the Crenshaw one.[/QUOTE]

yeah, employee said if there's a price change, the manager usually inputs it the night before. going to try again tonight just for the giggles

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']which livonia store? the plymouth road or 7 mile location? (I still haven't gotten out for my lunch break to go and pick one up)[/QUOTE]

It might be 7 and middlebelt. That one is quite up on things.

I took an early 10:00 lunch and snagged one from my local Super Center Walmart. They had about a dozen black, and 8 blue. Bourbonnais Illinois if that helps anyone.

[quote name='AdamMPSP']Anyone tried any LA stores yet? I've never been to a wal-mart down here, but was thinking of checking one out on Crenshaw on my lunch break. Would love to get confirmation from one of you guys, though![/QUOTE]

I just looked through the last couple of pages and it seems like only one person in CA has had any success. I was planning on going before work but I'll just wait until tonight.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I took an early 10:00 lunch and snagged one from my local Super Center Walmart. They had about a dozen black, and 8 blue. Bourbonnais Illinois if that helps anyone.[/QUOTE]
Good deal! That is my Walmart as well. Hopefully I will be able to get Best Buy to match.

Thanks, CheapyD. I called my Walmart here in Kennewick, WA at 9:15am and they said they had six 3DS's left. I walked out with one of those at 9:30am. The price was tagged as $169.99. On the phone they even volunteered the price. No difficulties whatsoever; even got to pick the color. I'm happy.

Been watching the thread but havent seen anything anyone around the Springfield MA area get this deal. Im at work right now but I have been calling around and no one seems to have a clue i tell them it was suppose to drop today and they say they dont know anything about it. One guy told me its not till the 12th, but one guy in the east windsor CT walmart said it hasnt dropped but will drop today he just didnt know when. Any help would be awesome I would hate to go out and waste gas to come back empty handed.

I thought about going to my best buy in Auburn, Maine to try and PM the price. For the price protection do I need to bring the unit to the store or do I need to just show up with the receipt?

I was able to buy one at the north Wal-mart in Rochester, MN this morning around 10am. The price tag was still at 250, but I asked the lady working there and said she it was dropping to $170.00 today and she could change it at the register. She also said the Wii is dropping to $135.00.

[quote name='thegreenmeanie']I was able to buy one at the north Wal-mart in Rochester, MN this morning around 10am. The price tag was still at 250, but I asked the lady working there and said she it was dropping to $170.00 today and she could change it at the register. She also said the Wii is dropping to $135.00.[/QUOTE]

I was just gonna ask if any Twin Cities peeps tried, so this helps since it's kinda sorta close. Gonna try a Best Buy PM after work tonight.

bread's done
Back