Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24198[/IMG-R]According to a trusted source, Walmart will be dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS on August 9th, 3 days before the official drop takes effect. This means savvy shoppers will be able to get the new low price and the 20 free downloadable games available as a reward to early adopters of the 3DS. Just connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked one up this AM in Saratoga, NY. New price was clearly marked with one of those white tags they stick over the normal ones. Had 1-2 blues left and 3-4 blacks at around 9:30 AM

Picked one up just now at the Wal-Mart on East Colonial in Orlando. Unfortunately me and this girl behind me got the last two models, but if it helps anybody the pricing was clearly labeled $170. So this deal is legit, and I'd suggest you guys trying around if you want a 3DS

Just picked a $170 Cosmo Black up at Northport, AL's Wal-Mart. 2 Blacks and 1 Blue left. Tuscaloosa's should be changed over as well. Now to get this sucker hooked up to the e-Shop for the Ambassador program.

Got the only Cosmo Black at the Pontiac, IL store. They had two or three of the other color left. Showed the $169.96 price on the tags in the glass case.

Tried the Walmart in Mankato, MN at 11:30am. Price tag was still at $250, and that's what it rang up for. I asked the employee if he could check to see if maybe it just hadn't been adjusted yet today, and he went to ask the manager about it. After five minutes, he came back saying that the price in the system will adjust automatically when it drops, and they can't force it early. Not sure what's up with my Walmart, but I went over to Target instead and bought when (since I think its easier to price adjust after a price drops over there).

Got a Black one for the new price at the Harrisburg, PA Wal*Mart; and they had several more in their display case. Passed a guy on the way in who was leaving with one, too, so the word is definitely out. Didn't buy a game--waiting for $20 or less on Ocarina of Time. Free GBA games can't get here soon enough, so too bad we have to wait almost 5 months for them...

So I'm worried I would pick this up and not ever use. You guys who picked one up at a lower price have any impressions yet? I know it's only been a few hours ;)

In Folsom it worked. I went in and asked them about the price drop and they had no idea. Then they scanned it called the manager and no one had a clue. I walked out kinda disappointed and an employee ran out to tell me the prices had just changed. So it worked for Folsom, CA

[quote name='MrSneis']So I'm worried I would pick this up and not ever use. [/QUOTE]

Same. I was tempted by the price and 20 free games coming, but then I realized that I've barely touched my DS the past couple of years and just don't have much interest in portable gaming anymore.

Damn good deal for people who play games on the go a lot etc. though for sure.

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']which livonia store? the plymouth road or 7 mile location? (I still haven't gotten out for my lunch break to go and pick one up)[/QUOTE]

Sorry... wasn't able to answer you until now. It was at the 7 Mile & Middlebelt store.

[quote name='MrSneis']So I'm worried I would pick this up and not ever use. You guys who picked one up at a lower price have any impressions yet? I know it's only been a few hours ;)[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me. I picked one up at Wal-Mart and haven't opened it up yet. Still debating whether I really want it or not. I know I want a few games like Mario Kart, SM3DL, LM2, Kid Icarus, OoT when it hits a lower price... I might open it and keep it anyway as a replacement to my DS since I only have the original model. Looked like there were plenty of 3DS left when I picked one up.

No luck at Macedonia, OH; this was at 12:30PM, so it might have changed since then. The person in electronics had no idea about the change, and he said that at least one person had already called about it. No electronics managers were on duty at that time.

Just grabbed mine at the Wal-Mart in Mesa Riverview (Mesa, AZ). I think I talked the guy at the register into buying one as well ($169.99 + the 20 games sold him).

[quote name='DK745']Same thing with me. I picked one up at Wal-Mart and haven't opened it up yet. Still debating whether I really want it or not. I know I want a few games like Mario Kart, SM3DL, LM2, Kid Icarus, OoT when it hits a lower price... I might open it and keep it anyway as a replacement to my DS since I only have the original model. Looked like there were plenty of 3DS left when I picked one up.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be a long time before the go below $170, sir--if you want to play those games you mentioned, no point in waiting for yet another price drop. That said, I still think $40 is too much for 3DS games, so I hope we see them start to slink down a bit (even $30 would be much more attractive).

Grabbed a Cosmo Black at Brea, CA location. They still had 3 Blue and 4 Blacks left when I bought mine. (edit - around 11am)

Wal Mart on Great Southwest Pkwy in Grand Prairie, Texas has 1 blue left at $169.96 as well as Wii's on sale for $134.97 with the Mario Kart game, wheel and all

Went to Manteca ,ca store already had the price adjustment. There was even a Modesto manager that did not know about it, so I gave her the 411 and stated that she would change them once she went back. Thanks cheapy d!!!!!

I ended going before work. They had two black ones and one blue one. I got the black one. They were labeled with the new price but they had not changed it in their system yet so I had to wait a bit. This was at the Walmart in Buena Park, CA.

The wal-mart in Auburn , Maine still has them for $249.99 . I only know this because I went to best-buy to get a pricematch even with the flyer shown here on this site people had work for them. They decided to call up the wal-mart next door which still had the 3DS for $249.99 . Pricematch got declined I'm gonna try again tomorrow but calling wal-mart first so I don't waste gas.

Oh this was around 2:30 PM EST for those who are wondering , who knows they 'll probably change the price tomorrow.

South Wal-mart in Grand Island, NE. had 3 blue and 6 black! Went over lucnh and picked up a black one and first impression is HOLY SHIT! The AR stuff and 3d photos are cool as hell! My boss giggled like a little kid looking at 3d photos!

Thanks for the heads up everyone! I went to BestBuy got a price adjustment for my 3DS and then used the adjustment money to buy Ghost Recon Shadow Wars after I price matched target for $17. So I left the store with $60 in cash and ghost recon.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']No luck at Macedonia, OH; this was at 12:30PM, so it might have changed since then. The person in electronics had no idea about the change, and he said that at least one person had already called about it. No electronics managers were on duty at that time.[/QUOTE]

The dept manager in Stow went to check the computer for a price drop after I asked and came back with new stickers.

[quote name='guardkitty']Now that I have a 3DS, which is the best screen protector to use, Hori?
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1312914889&sr=1-1

This one I am looking at to use[/QUOTE]
that's the one that I've had on my 3DS since launch

a word of warning:
make sure to thoroughly clean both the upper and lower displays before applying the screen protectors, and if possible, try use a room where the possibility of dust is reduced.

any and all screen protectors are best applied immediately upon opening a system to limit/eliminate finger print oil on the system which is noticable under the screen protectors.

Quick Question. I'm going to get a 3ds now for my brother. Say he makes an account on it. Is it possible for another person to make an account on the same 3ds? (Like a log off or not this person option)

[quote name='Dmpazos']Quick Question. I'm going to get a 3ds now for my brother. Say he makes an account on it. Is it possible for another person to make an account on the same 3ds? (Like a log off or not this person option)[/QUOTE]

just make a mii and you should be able to tie a friend-code to it.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Was this in Natick, MA by any chance?[/QUOTE]

I was in that Walmart today, but I only saw a beat up Aqua blue DS box in the glass case and nothing more. I thought about hitting the Bestbuy across the lot, but it was early morning and wasn't open yet

Are the free games carbon copies of the originals or do they have some added content/functionality etc? Does all it do is allow me to play games from other systems now on the 3ds? Thats the only thing keeping me from flying out the door right now.

Price matched at Best Buy in Rockville, MD this afternoon with no issue. Also met a fellow CAG who had gotten there a minute or so before me. Done deal!

Well I just ordered a great condition copy of ghost recon shadow wars. should be in my mail box in time for my 3ds when I get a used one from my gamestop on friday morning. This should keep me busy along with chrono trigger ds until a good deal for ocarina of time 3d shows up (the next gold box this month will probibly have it on sale). Hope you guys have all gotten your price ajustments and I hope you all enjoy your 3ds's :)

[quote name='jack612']No luck at the Murphy Canyon Rd. Wal Mart in San Diego. Still rings up at $250. I guess I'll try again tonight. :([/QUOTE]

Went back to this Walmart at lunch and they were marked down. I think there were 2-3 blacks and 1 blue left after I got mine if anyone else in San Diego is looking.

bread's done
Back