Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24198[/IMG-R]According to a trusted source, Walmart will be dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS on August 9th, 3 days before the official drop takes effect. This means savvy shoppers will be able to get the new low price and the 20 free downloadable games available as a reward to early adopters of the 3DS. Just connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped at the target in livonia, mi (plymouth road) and was told that not only were they not going to lower the price early or price match walmart, but that if you purchased a system prior to friday, it would not be eligible to get a price adjustment on friday.

to quote her "we do not give adjustments for price drops by the manufacturer"

(that seems obsurd to me, but it could have just been that this employee that I spoke with was un-informed)

[quote name='noire']Picked one up at the Wheatridge, CO Walmart.

Already feel like a sucker.[/QUOTE]

Ha, thank you for giving me an extra shot of will power... I know I'd feel the same way as soon as I walked out the door.

Walmart in Grand Rapids, Michigan was honoring the price shortly after noon. I picked up a 3ds at a nearby BB over the weekend so I headed there to pricematch. They gave me a little bit of a hard time but eventually I got the deal done.

*update*

the Wal-mart Super Center in Auburn, Maine has now updated their prices on the 3DS units to $170. I got this confirmation from a friend who was shopping there 10 minutes ago, now to go back down to best buy and price match again.

Just got done price matching at best buy. Taking a picture at walmart with the price tag of 169.99 worked. Came home with an aqua blue 3ds and it has 4 dead pixels on the top screen :(. Gonna have to go back and exchange for another

[quote name='thegreenmeanie']I was able to buy one at the north Wal-mart in Rochester, MN this morning around 10am. The price tag was still at 250, but I asked the lady working there and said she it was dropping to $170.00 today and she could change it at the register. She also said the Wii is dropping to $135.00.[/QUOTE]

Brings a tear to my eye. I lived in Rochester, MN for 7 years. I miss Newt's.. :( But that's about all I miss. :D

[quote name='canedaddy']Ha, thank you for giving me an extra shot of will power... I know I'd feel the same way as soon as I walked out the door.[/QUOTE]

Fancy seeing you in here, old timer.

San Leandro, CA (Davis St) changed the prices at about noon today-- picked up a blue for my kid. Oakland Walmart still hadn't updated when I last checked. Thanks for the tip CAG, I was planning to return/rebuy @ Target before the 12th but this is so much easier! :)

I went to the Los Angeles Wal-Mart on Crenshaw on my lunch break. Long ass drive, and no systems in stock. Very sucky. Might go to Best Buy after work and see if I can get a price-match.

Just got one at the Santa Clarita, CA Supercenter on Golden Valley Rd at the 169 price. They have a few left. Hope to get the extra games with the ambassador program.

After convincing myself prior to my lunch break that I shouldn't get one..

I got one.

Having some initial buyer's remorse, but I just wanted to get one now & take advantage of the Ambassador Program while also getting it at the new MSRP. The games will come eventually.

(Just hoping it doesn't collect dust once I get a Vita)

I am annoyed by this. I own a 3DS at launch, and I feel like the Ambassador program cutoff should have been August 1st. Not cool for people getting their cake and eating it too...

[quote name='Pureshooter']I had some buyers remorse...until I broke out OOT at lunch. It really is a pretty sweet system.[/QUOTE]

Still debating myself. What do you like most about it? Anything you don't like? I just don't think I play portable enough to replace my DS.

Got one at the Bellingham, MA location. They had about 5 of each color left in the display case. No idea what they had out back.

Just checked the Walmart in Duluth, GA and they said the price will be going down to 170, midnight Thursday Aug. 11. Still don't plan on buying it, but if Sears does price match Walmart and get that 10% off, along with the free games, then I MAY just pick it up. Still thinking it's not technically a "deal" because it's MSRP but because of the free games, especially 20 of them even if they're old, it just may be enticing enough to pick one up. Oh and the Walmart at this store said they have TONS of 3DS in stock so I don't have to worry much.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Seems to be working fine for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it was just down for a little while i guess.

[quote name='Gosha']Got my pricematch at Best Buy. In and out in about 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Did you use the link I posted or another method?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am annoyed by this. I own a 3DS at launch, and I feel like the Ambassador program cutoff should have been August 1st. Not cool for people getting their cake and eating it too...[/QUOTE]

Early adopters always get shafted hard.
Now, open wide because Nintendo is not done. :cold:

You know how when you go to return something at Wal-Mart, they print you out that price sticker with the item name and price on it? I took that sticker and my $170 Wal-Mart receipt to BB (Fair Lakes, VA) for the price match, and they STILL wouldn't price match. BB now has a returned, opened, and used $250 3DS to deal with.

So, let's talk slowly to the noob, you guys. If I go buy a system at Best Buy today for full price, then return again on the 12th when the price drops, will they credit my card simply, or is it gonna be a huge hassle?

[quote name='AdamMPSP']So, let's talk slowly to the noob, you guys. If I go buy a system at Best Buy today for full price, then return again on the 12th when the price drops, will they credit my card simply, or is it gonna be a huge hassle?[/QUOTE]

Yes they will credit your card, no problems should occur whatsoever

i'm not sure if I want to keep it or not. i'm not opening until the last minute since i want the ability to return. I picked up ghost recon for $17 at target after I bought it. if the games were coming before september 1st, i'd feel more compelled to keep this

[quote name='oscillate19']San Leandro, CA (Davis St) changed the prices at about noon today-- picked up a blue for my kid. Oakland Walmart still hadn't updated when I last checked. Thanks for the tip CAG, I was planning to return/rebuy @ Target before the 12th but this is so much easier! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update! Do you remember how many were left? I might try to make it out there today.

The Hagerstown Wal-Mart had them for 170.00 (still had one blue and three black after I bought a blue one). I then went to Target in Hagerstown to see if there was any sales of OOT, no luck but they had also dropped the price to 170.00 on the 3DS. So if anyone's not having luck at Wal-Mart check Target.

Thanks for the info. I decided to go to Best Buy in Manalapan, NJ and do a price match for the Blue DS (last one). I just went to customer service and told them it was on sale at Walmart. No problems. Now I just have to register for the games.

Finally got my 3DS price matched at best-buy after an hour of bullshit.

Call up wal-mart get confirmation of $169.96 , drive to best-buy to get price match. They call up wal-mart woman on the phone said $249.96 I get price-match declined again. I get pissed and go to wal-mart look at the display $169.96 and then I go talk the electronics guy at wal-mart to confirm price he checks computer and says $249.96 so I fight with him and tell him to go check the display. He checks and find out it is infact $169.96 so I go and ask him to make some price stickers for me so I can get proof of it to best buy employees. Get stickers and go to Best-Buy get my price-match refund of $83 and bought OoT 3D and now leave the store with $41 + OoT 3D. Was worth the hassle in the end though

Also for CAG's In the Lewiston/Auburn, Maine area I left the Wal-mart sku price stickers with Jason at Best Buy's Customer service dept. ( mad props to him for dealing with my frustration of the mess) if you want to get Wal-Mart's price and RewardZone points. If you want to go to wal-mart there was still plenty of Black and Aqua units there too.

[quote name='greendublin']$170 at Walmart in Forest Park (Cincinnati) OH!

somebody posted about Ghost Recon for $17 - where?[/QUOTE]

it's a deal at Target right now, unfortuantely when I was at best-buy I couldn't PM because the closest target to me is in Portland, Maine which is over an hour away from Auburn x_x. If you can jump on that deal I recommend it Ghost Recon from what I hear is an awesome game.

[quote name='greendublin']$170 at Walmart in Forest Park (Cincinnati) OH!

somebody posted about Ghost Recon for $17 - where?[/QUOTE]

target. the target employee was also pleased to learn that wal mart changed the price and he was going to price match one for himself once he got off work

I got one during my lunch hour at the Walmart in Niles, IL on Touhy. They had a bunch still available. Snagged a Aqua one. I also picked up Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for $17 with a price match to Target. This worked out great. Will sign into the eshop later this evening.

Went to Wal-Mart, out of stock. Took a picture of the price, went to Best Buy, had it price matched no problem. Manager okayed it himself. Free twenty games and ten dollar GC (reward zone GC) to compensate for taxes.

[quote name='Multicron']You know how when you go to return something at Wal-Mart, they print you out that price sticker with the item name and price on it? I took that sticker and my $170 Wal-Mart receipt to BB (Fair Lakes, VA) for the price match, and they STILL wouldn't price match. BB now has a returned, opened, and used $250 3DS to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's my Wal-Mart at Fair Lakes, have they marked the price down to $170 already there?

Got one here in WI as soon as I got wind of confirmations. The employee said they had just dropped them to which I replied with a smile, "That's why I'm here." Can't wait to bust it out right now! Gonna miss my DSi XL :( Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='Lkr721993']very ineffective troll[/QUOTE]

Really? Is that because you bought one and know he is right? Seriously, we ALL know that they will be announcing a better model by the end of the year, especially considering the price drop, and N's history. Not to mention that 170 is still easily 20$ to much @ this point, and there are only a few games worth even owning.

Basically I pick up a 3ds from walmart, and then I go to best buy to return my best buy one I purchase 2 weeks ago since I don't want to go back out again on friday trying to pm. I told them I got the walmart receipt, if they pm me, I will keep the bb one and they don't need to deal with a used console and return my walmart purchase. The gamer guy and several associate go to the corner and talk for a good 10 minute and they say they can't pm. I say sure, return my 3ds and pick up ghost recon for 17.

bread's done
Back