Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24198[/IMG-R]According to a trusted source, Walmart will be dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS on August 9th, 3 days before the official drop takes effect. This means savvy shoppers will be able to get the new low price and the 20 free downloadable games available as a reward to early adopters of the 3DS. Just connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zimmy']Sorry if it has been reported already but Amazon is now offering the $169.99 price.[/QUOTE]

it wont get to you in time

[quote name='Zimmy']Sorry if it has been reported already but Amazon is now offering the $169.99 price.[/QUOTE]

Still a preorder and isn't worth it if you are taking advantage of the Ambassador program.

[quote name='Nighty']Will BB price match this? Closest walmart for me is like 55 miles.[/QUOTE]

YMMV situation. You'd have to make them call the closest Walmart and price match, if they are willing to do so.

I went into Best Buy tonight. Showed them the Wal-Mart printout from the website. They went in the back and came back saying that was pre-order only. I bought it anyway at full price and will go back next week to get the difference credited back to me. Bah.

But in good news, I have a 3DS!

I'm holding out for a golden 3DS bundled with OOT ... you know it's going to happen, as Nintendo becomes more desperate with the system

Was able to price match at Best Buy without any problem. My wifi is down so anyone knows what is the best option to connect this baby online?

Blaine, MN store had 5 of each 3ds color left at $169.99.

2 different employees actually told me to log in to the e shop before August 12th to get 20 free games from the Nintendo online store, I was shocked and pleased to see that insight from not 1 but 2 Walmart employees.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm holding out for a golden 3DS bundled with OOT ... you know it's going to happen, as Nintendo becomes more desperate with the system[/QUOTE]

I hope some bundle / special color system comes out when Mario 3D land comes out in November :D

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Was able to price match at Best Buy without any problem. My wifi is down so anyone knows what is the best option to connect this baby online?[/QUOTE]

star bucks, mcdonalds.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Was able to price match at Best Buy without any problem. My wifi is down so anyone knows what is the best option to connect this baby online?[/QUOTE]

Go to dunken donuts or Wendy's, they're completely unlocked. At mcdonalds you won't be able to do it because you have to accept there terms of use with the Internet browser which you can't use until you've updated your 3ds

I picked up an aqua blue system today (to go with my day one cosmos black system). on my black system, I recall receiving a spotpass message welcoming to the ambassador club, but I've only received 4 spotpass messages on the blue system that I set up tonight (downloaded the firmware update and that was about it).

is this what everyone else is getting?

I price adjusted at BestBuy. They said I needed an actual ad, and not just a printout, but I told them to call the WalMart and confirm the drop. After they did so, I was refunded the difference.

These don't work for connecting 3ds online, since they require you to open a browser first. Any other ideas? [quote name='chickdigger802']star bucks, mcdonalds.[/QUOTE]

I just came back from Target (Norco, CA) and the 3DS prices have already dropped as well.

Was $249.99 -- Now $169.99. Good times.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']These don't work for connecting 3ds online, since they require you to open a browser first. Any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

ChickFila, McDs, SBucks, Panera around me all require browser for terms log ins so Id avoid those. (Id assume this is chain wide)

Libraries and other gov public spots tend to have this problem too. Arbys is about the only place near me (and likely near you) that doesnt have a front end. Also, random local coffee joints,hot dog stands,etc tend to be more open.

I wish you luck.

No luck at the first two I went to (Rosemead CA and Pico Rivera CA) But they had 4 at Santa Fe Springs (now 3). Good luck!

[quote name='watcher0']Bah, my area was picked clean before I could get one. I swear there's a bunch of hoarders in the greater Seattle area.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Renton, WA Walmart had nothing left as of 5pm today. I'll try a price-match at Best Buy tomorrow, but I have a feeling it'll be too late.

[quote name='finalrodzilla']Blaine, MN store had 5 of each 3ds color left at $169.99.

2 different employees actually told me to log in to the e shop before August 12th to get 20 free games from the Nintendo online store, I was shocked and pleased to see that insight from not 1 but 2 Walmart employees.[/QUOTE]

Completely different than my walmart in NJ... i asked two guys the day before and they didn't even know about it (or the fact that you could pre-order online, it's dropping everywhere on the 12th, or what the price originally was!) Great service!

Just go to a friend or ask a neighbor to borrow theirs for a few minutes.

[quote name='mkrugrat']Just go to a friend or ask a neighbor to borrow theirs for a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

I picture the Australian kid heading to the neighbors house to see which way the toilet flushes.

Gonna go to BB right now to get a price adjustment.. i called them for 15-20 min and I was still on hold... don't think it will go well, but will go to walmart right after and to target to get Ghost Recon for 17$ (yeah im gonna buy it.., it reminds me of metal gear acid :] )

Got one at the right price in North Raleigh by Triangle Town Center about 7PM. There was another black and two blue in the case.

Ugh, I should've gotten on this earlier! Called about 6 wal-marts and most are out of stock and some have blue in stock. Any chance they will restock? BB turned me down

wait... if I just pick up the 3ds at 250 at walmart I can get my 80 bucks back in 2 days or so right? The walmart is like 5min away so I wouldn't mind going back twice.

[quote name='Trullyn']Seattle residents - Another Castle Video Games (Edmonds/Shoreline) is selling them for $169.99 now - good luck.[/QUOTE]

Got mine from Renton Target (near Frys) is marked same price (169.99) as Walmart. Didn't need to call for a pricematch, plus I got a 3DS game for $17 there as well.

Those who DID jump on this, may want to keep something in between the screens to protect from the design flaw: ( Lower screen scratches the upper screen)

3DS-screen-scratches.jpg

Got mine at the Bolingbrook, IL Walmart. Store employees were clueless at 7:30 AM, came back at 4:30 PM and the price drop was in effect. There were only one or two of each color left.

I got my black 3DS today at 5:30pm at the Walmart in Linden, NJ. There was only one more black 3DS left (That's the one I rejected since the round stickers on the box were peeled away). They had about 5 more aqua ones at that time. I had no problems with the price ringing up as $169.96. The price sticker in the display case was ripped off so I'm glad that the register got it right.

i got mine saturday at best buy and even at the register they told me to come friday with the receipt for the price match. already downloaded the eshop and now i am an ambassador ohhhhh yeahhhhh.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Yeah, keep on spreading your misinformation. The 3DS isn't a clearance item. Arkansas handles price changes in the system for regular items, not your boss who only makes ~$0.50 more than you.[/QUOTE]

Would it be immature of me to gloat even more?

Thanks to Cheapy and his "trusted source". I know it's early, but I nominate this for Deal of the Year. :D

[quote name='UncleBob']Would it be immature of me to gloat even more?

Thanks to Cheapy and his "trusted source". I know it's early, but I nominate this for Deal of the Year. :D[/QUOTE]

Ha nintendownedly just got ....... owned :)

[quote name='poker360']Those who DID jump on this, may want to keep something in between the screens to protect from the design flaw: ( Lower screen scratches the upper screen)

3DS-screen-scratches.jpg
[/QUOTE]
good point poker360
screen protectors will prevent the top display from developing the "lines" (which start out as "grease marks", but eventually develop into scratches). short of that, laying a micro fibre cloth between the displays when you close the system will also prevent this from occurring

edit:
the problem is due to the fact that the bezel surrounding the lower (touch) screen protrudes higher than the gap between the two halves of the system when it is closed. this is something that was obviously overlooked during QA of the system and could have been easily remedied by simply making the 2 plastic runners that provide cushion when the system is closed just a bit thicker

Went to best buy and they price matched to Walmart . I saved 10 mile drive to Walmart and got reward points and before closing time ! Got black . Driving to Target for ghost reconcile deal . Sick!

[quote name='pandanese90']Went to best buy and they price matched to Walmart . I saved 10 mile drive to Walmart and got reward points and before closing time ! Got black . Driving to Target for ghost reconcile deal . Sick![/QUOTE]

Why go to Target when BB could PM?

[quote name='poker360']Those who DID jump on this, may want to keep something in between the screens to protect from the design flaw: ( Lower screen scratches the upper screen)

[/QUOTE]

If you're worried about that, I'd try taking the rubber feet off a 360 and placing them on the top screen. Since regular 360s have these rubber feet on both the vertical and horizontal side, it shouldn't be a problem. Here is a picture from NeoGaf.

ZRfmz.jpg

[quote name='reddjoey']Why go to Target when BB could PM?[/QUOTE]

0.0 !!!!!!!!!! fail.... well they didnt have it in stock that's why yess..yess heehe.... yeah yeah YEAH! thats it! they didnt have it in stock! DUh! `:]

bread's done
Back