Nintendo 3DS Trade in Offers

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21832[/IMG-R]Amazon, GameStop and Walmart are offering the same values on DS trade-ins, with Walmart also accepting the original DS (fat) systems. All values are given in store-credit.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon: DSi XL = $100, DSi = $75, DS Lite = $50
icongs_r1.gif
GameStop: DSi XL = $100, DSi = $75, DS Lite = $50
icontarget.gif
Target: Up to $50...
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us: Up to $75...
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart: DSi XL = $100, DSi = $75, DS Lite = $50, DS = $20 (test program in 12 states, 3/27-4/30)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow 4 whole years? How long do you think a product life cycle should be? Even car companies only change every 5 years or so.

They've changed the design and variety of their ipods numerous times since I bought a 5GB one. The nano has gone through 4 different form factors?

Apple and Microsoft only repackage their same systems throughout a product life cycle? You could say this about EVERYBODY. Show me an electronics company that changes their system every year or two and I'll show you a bankrupt company.

I'm not trying to be an APple and Microsoft fanboy (is that even possible) but you're accusing apple and microsoft of doing something that everyone does.

I'm not saying that they're the only ones doing it, nobody could afford to produce a new product every year. It's not hard to make a few tweaks to a system, but how many times can you repackage something like that before you need an update? Shit, look at pokemon, how much longer can they keep that going? It's already been going for 14+ years now, I think it's about time for a new franchise. Microsoft doesn't even repackage franchises like that.

[quote name='soccerstar93']I'm not saying that they're the only ones doing it, nobody could afford to produce a new product every year. It's not hard to make a few tweaks to a system, but how many times can you repackage something like that before you need an update? Shit, look at pokemon, how much longer can they keep that going? It's already been going for 14+ years now, I think it's about time for a new franchise. Microsoft doesn't even repackage franchises like that.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, they made all new ones this time around.

(Just forget the fact that they're based on previous versions. Like, there's still pretty much a Rattata, and Pidgey, and all that jazz.)

In any case, I just bought an XL last week. I'm just hoping the prices on them don't drop so quickly that it'll be right outside the 10-day adjustment period from TRU. Coming from a DS Lite, the extra screen size is totally worth it.

So...file me under "also waiting for the 3DSiXL," depending on whether or not that one has a two hour battery somehow.

[quote name='dragonjud']I think he's referring to the fact that they will not look as good on the 3DS.

Apparently because of the differences in resolution, DS games will only use a portion of the top and bottom screens. According to what they showed on 1up, you'll be better off using your old DS or DSi to play the DS games (pixelation issues, and such). It definitely will not be an improvement to use the 3DS to play them.[/QUOTE]

You can play 1:1, but there are black bars, or you can "scale" to help fill the screen. The videos I watched the 1:1 looks fine and the scaling isn't bad. Same complainants came out with playing GB games on the GBA, and GBA games on the DS.

Just looked at Target's great "Trade-in" and their site offers less. $45 for the DSi, $30 with the DS lite, and $20 with the original DS. So much for a better deal =\

[quote name='karyadi']Just looked at Target's great "Trade-in" and their site offers less. $45 for the DSi, $30 with the DS lite, and $20 with the original DS. So much for a better deal =\[/QUOTE]

You have to trade in towards a 3ds.

I just got back from checking out the 3DS at best buy. The kid's brithday is coming up and wanted to upgrade their DS lite. I must say, the 3D is good (pilotwings was the store demo) but I think I will wait. The battery life and the fact that the launch line is crap (Come on Nintendo, no Mario at launch?). The DSi XL is really intriguing though, hope for a price drop in the near future.

[quote name='ForeStorm']Hey now, they made all new ones this time around.

(Just forget the fact that they're based on previous versions. Like, there's still pretty much a Rattata, and Pidgey, and all that jazz.)

In any case, I just bought an XL last week. I'm just hoping the prices on them don't drop so quickly that it'll be right outside the 10-day adjustment period from TRU. Coming from a DS Lite, the extra screen size is totally worth it.

So...file me under "also waiting for the 3DSiXL," depending on whether or not that one has a two hour battery somehow.[/QUOTE]

Not that I don't love pokemon, but when you have 700 pokemon total, I think it's time to call it quits. I mean how many more names can they come up with? haha and they keep getting cheesier, too.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Zimmy, off topic here, but how did you manage to get 57 Gold Trophies and only 11 Silver? Aren't you just given silver trophies, whereas gold ones actually have to be worked toward?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I usually get multi platform games on the 360 and never really worry about PS3 trophies.

But with Dead Space 2, I made sure to get as many as I could.
Probably the same with God of War 3.

So, I either ignore all trophies or try to 100% them. Maybe that is why.

Update - nevermind.
I just checked on PSN and my actual number is 57 Silver and 11 Gold.
I guess the new gamertag sig is messed up.

this thread has somewhat convenience me to upgrade my lite to either a dsi or xl, not sure if ebay or amazon is the best bet. i will buy my ds on AWD.

Some people on this forum are lacking in the intelligence department. Are you all really complaining about the 3DS? Yes obviously there will be upgrades in the future, that's how all devices work(ipods, computers, ds, psp, tv's, etc.)..that's technology and planned obsolescence for you people! If you want to wait and buy the future model then wait and not bitch that Nintendo is stupid for doing it because they're not lol.

OT: I sold my DS lite on Amazon for roughly $85 so you're better off trying amazon or ebay instead of trading in. I prefer Amazon as it's a simpler process than ebay to me.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Some people on this forum are lacking in the intelligence department. Are you all really complaining about the 3DS? Yes obviously there will be upgrades in the future, that's how all devices work(ipods, computers, ds, psp, tv's, etc.)..that's technology and planned obsolescence for you people! If you want to wait and buy the future model then wait and not bitch that Nintendo is stupid for doing it because they're not lol.

OT: I sold my DS lite on Amazon for roughly $85 so you're better off trying amazon or ebay instead of trading in. I prefer Amazon as it's a simpler process than ebay to me.[/QUOTE]

Um, there are very good reasons to complain about the 3DS. Super short battery life, DS games look crappier on it, 3D has a very limited distance/angle sweet spot, and the 3D has been reported to cause eye strain/headaches. Plus the launch lineup blows. Thats probably enough to pass on this gimmick until something better comes along. :roll:

Oh, but it does have two screens, what a great idea! Wait, all the other DS systems had that too, nevermind.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Um, there are very good reasons to complain about the 3DS. Super short battery life, DS games look crappier on it, 3D has a very limited distance/angle sweet spot, and the 3D has been reported to cause eye strain/headaches. Plus the launch lineup blows. Thats probably enough to pass on this gimmick until something better comes along. :roll:

Oh, but it does have two screens, what a great idea! Wait, all the other DS systems had that too, nevermind.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='chimpmeister']Um, there are very good reasons to complain about the 3DS. Super short battery life, DS games look crappier on it, 3D has a very limited distance/angle sweet spot, and the 3D has been reported to cause eye strain/headaches. Plus the launch lineup blows. Thats probably enough to pass on this gimmick until something better comes along. :roll:

Oh, but it does have two screens, what a great idea! Wait, all the other DS systems had that too, nevermind.[/QUOTE]

The battery life is 3-5 hours for 3DS games depending on 3D being on, brightness, etc. It's 5-8 hours for normal DS games. Yes the 3D has a limited viewing angle...that's why it's a portable device. It's a large enough angle that you don't need to be stuck in one "special" spot. Plus they don't force you to play in 3D. As for the 3D reporting headaches and eye strain. How does this come to a surprise to you? You're working your eyes more for 3D. It's already been said over and over again not to play in 3D mode for more then 30 minutes. It may vary for certain people but you don't need 3D on all the time to enjoy the games. You fail sir. Go along and play your Black Ops...isn't that such an innovative groundbreaking game? NOT!

EDIT: Before I forget..the DS games don't look "crappy". You can play them in their native resolution and they look just fine but if you want them stretched they may look slightly off. Who the heck plays a DS game for graphics anyway?

P.S. As I stated in my previous post, OBVIOUSLY there will be a successor to the 3DS. That's how technology works. I'm sure the 3DS will have a longer battery life, different colors, possibly a large viewing angle(since apparently you're too stupid to hold a portable device correctly), etc. That's just the nature of technology kid. Now run along and go play Black Ops..

Honestly why are people on this thread bitching about the 3ds? There are enough of them already! We get it: 3d is a gimmick, the battery life sucks (psp 1000 did also), launch line up is awful, its 250, DS games looks crappy (unless I play in native then it looks the same). I get it your not buying one and I'm wasting my money cool sounds good thanks for your time.

I for one am looking forward to it, and after playing it at best buy I'm glad I pre ordered one. The 3d worked and I had no issues keeping it in the sweet spot, the graphics are far superior to the DS, and it's the next generation DS a fact I think a lot of people forget.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Honestly why are people on this thread bitching about the 3ds? There are enough of them already! We get it: 3d is a gimmick, the battery life sucks (psp 1000 did also), launch line up is awful, its 250, DS games looks crappy (unless I play in native then it looks the same). I get it your not buying one and I'm wasting my money cool sounds good thanks for your time.

I for one am looking forward to it, and after playing it at best buy I'm glad I pre ordered one. The 3d worked and I had no issues keeping it in the sweet spot, the graphics are far superior to the DS, and it's the next generation DS a fact I think a lot of people forget.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously! This thread is about 3DS trade-in offers, not a 3DS hater/fanboy sound-off. There are other threads for that.

bread's done
Back