Nintendo 3DS XL - $179.99 Sunday (8/19) only at Fry's Electronics

Queasy

CAGiversary!
The Nintendo 3DS XL will be on sale for $179.99 for Sunday, 8/19 only. This price is good online too but shipping takes a huge bite out of the $20 discount. $6.99 for the "Ultra Saver" and $10.54 for ground.

Edit: Looks like shipping is unavailable now. In-store pickup is the only option when purchasing over the web.
Link to Fry's with the $20 discount for the 3DS XL - http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch=7193842 7193792
Link to the ad showing the $20 discount - http://www.frys.com/ads/page11
New Super Mario Bros 2 - http://www.frys.com/product/7203723?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintendo-3ds-xl-gets-a-20-launch-discount-at-fry-s-for-sunday-only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bruceg']I price matched at Target for an additional 5% off with Target card and for their 90 day return policy.[/QUOTE]

Since when has Target ever price matched anything ?

Neasest Fry's is 2 states away, but I was able to price match at my local Best Buy (in WV) by showing the ad on my iPhone. Also got the free hard case deal with no issue whatsoever. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Anthony1']Since when has Target ever price matched anything ?[/QUOTE]

Target has had a PM policy on competitor's ads for at least a year or so. At my local Target, you have to buy the game or item and then walk up to customer service where they will credit back the difference.

[quote name='sdcranford']Damn, I do not have a Fry's here to try to PM this at Best Buy. I'll be traveling this week so maybe where I'm at will. Does anybody know how BB.com PM's local retailers? For example Kansas City, MO area has a Best Buy and Fry's so would that work? I have a $200 GC from BB that I got a $20 AmEx statement credit from when I bought the GC.

Edit: Crap, got so excited did not see it was Sunday only.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you are thinking Fry's has a store in KC. Sure you are not thinking about MicroCenter? I'd be down where I used to live more often if they had a Fry's.

Fry's Store Locator

I PMed at best buy. Got mario 2 and sleeping dogs as well both PMed plus the BB amex credit. Not a bad haul. But my XL did have a dead pixel so I exchanged it....

Confirmed.

I just printed out two of those pages on Frys.com that had the 3DS XL and NSMB2 deals and the cashier ringed them up and she accepted the price cuts. No need for a reward zone membership! :)

Best Buy associate priced matched for me, after a $50 gift card and $110 in trades I was out about $35 after tax. Not at bad deal. Plus I still have my original 3DS to sell or do whatever with.

Thanks Best Buy and Fry's!

[quote name='dragyynvessyl']Doing the same thing. Good to know I won't have to hope it's available after driving the 20 miles there.[/QUOTE]

Not happy. Fry's online pick up is broken. They somehow "lost" my 3DS XL and gave me the usual cold shoulder. I only ended up getting NSMB2. Gonna write a long email about my experience since they wasted almost an hour of my time.

Think it's too late to go to Best Buy and get a PM. I might have a slim chance to PM at Target since I believe they need the physical ad.

No Fry's in the state, couldn't get a price match anywhere. If you have enough points though you can get it for just under $170 at Locke- *SHOT*

woke up this morning and thought "what the heck", and ended up getting to fremont right when they opened and snagging the last one (some dad grabbed two for his kids, i wouldve been pissed if i missed out because of him, lol).

Got this matched at best buy, like $190~ in trades with the 100% trade in bonus and gamer unlocked 10% trade in bonus. Basically traded in a bunch of old games that were $5-8 each, then got the double trade in credit. The guy was flipping out that they were trading in for so much lol.

Got the blue 3DS XL + the free hardcase for $195~. Pretty good deal, thanks OP.

I should've also added that although Best Buy pricematched the Fry's ad, they didn't throw in the free hardcase. :/

[quote name='Zaku77']How is everyone liking the new system? :D[/QUOTE]

I had tried it out at comic con and loved it, so I'm happy to finally have my own!

[quote name='TrumpetDan']I should've also added that although Best Buy pricematched the Fry's ad, they didn't throw in the free hardcase. :/[/QUOTE]

I had to ask them to get the 3DS from one of those locked cages, and the girl told me to pick a case since it's free. She just scanned them up like normal and the system subtracted the hardcase price, then she did the match on the system.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I PMed at best buy. Got mario 2 and sleeping dogs as well both PMed plus the BB amex credit. Not a bad haul. But my XL did have a dead pixel so I exchanged it....[/QUOTE]

Just had a chance to look at my second XL and this one does not have a dead pixel it has a bright red stuck pixel!!!! and now BB is closed for the day!!!!:censored:

[quote name='Zaku77']How is everyone liking the new system? :D[/QUOTE]

It is brilliant. I'd say it exceeds my expectations right now. I'd suggest it to anyone who liked other Nintendo systems.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']PMed at best buy. The guy didn't even look it up and just took my word for it. He wouldn't let me get the free case though.[/QUOTE]

don't take that sh!t from best buy, i went in price matched fry's and got the free case all because i asked for the supervisor.

Got the last blue 3DS XL at local Fry's in Dallas area, all 4 stores sold out!

There is a glitch in their inventory system at least here in Dallas. Online says they have in stock, they don't!

I Got one online but haven't picked it up from BB. do you think they'd match the price in store with a print out of the add? I did technically buy it today (Sunday).

[quote name='RoninChaos']I Got one online but haven't picked it up from BB. do you think they'd match the price in store with a print out of the add? I did technically buy it today (Sunday).[/QUOTE]

I think you have to call Best Buy to do price matches for online orders, even if they are in-store pickups. The sale is today only, so you probably waited too long to do the price match.

[quote name='bojay1997']Target has had a PM policy on competitor's ads for at least a year or so. At my local Target, you have to buy the game or item and then walk up to customer service where they will credit back the difference.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Went to Target and was able to get it for $179.99 plus got the 5 percent off with the Target card.

$184.94 is my after tax, out the door total.

Had no problem getting Best Buy to price match Fry's on this and New SMB2. I didn't say anything at all about the case - just plopped it down on the counter and the register bundled it in for free automatically despite the price match - good to go!

[quote name='seether254']don't take that sh!t from best buy, i went in price matched fry's and got the free case all because i asked for the supervisor.[/QUOTE]

You know what, you're right, I think I'm gonna go back in tomorrow and demand a free case!

Target in Rosemead, CA refused to sell me a 3DS XL because the electronics supervisor says it goes on sale on Tuesday in which the ads specifies that it was selling starting today.

However, the Target in Alhambra sold me one without issue. I also got it price match with the ad from Frys. No problem there either. Sold for $170.99 after price match and 5% redcard discount.

I guess it's a nice little end to my Sunday. Now to find out how to file a complaint against that supervisor at the first store I went to...

[quote name='akokonas']frys.com still has the 3DS XL for 179.99[/QUOTE]

Unavailable for in-store pickup for the two closest Frys. I'd imagine it'll be difficult to PM if the store you're buying at calls for availability.

bread's done
Back