Nintendo 3DS XL System - Yellow Pikachu (GameStop Premium Refurbished) Back in Stock?

I'd feel like for someone to trade one of these in to gamestop, it likely had to be in bad condition. Considering you can easily get more than MSRP for even a decently used one at most places

Looks like there is a stock of the X/Y, LBW and AC consoles as well. All for $189
I may be wrong BUT I'm pretty sure a year or so ago when GS had inventory of refurbished Zelda: 25th Anniversary 3DS consoles people were receiving all black units that had the serial numbers of the 25th anniversary units but people had removed the triforce face plates and put standard black ones on.

I may be wrong BUT I'm pretty sure a year or so ago when GS had inventory of refurbished Zelda: 25th Anniversary 3DS consoles people were receiving all black units that had the serial numbers of the 25th anniversary units but people had removed the triforce face plates and put standard black ones on.
If I recall correctly, the top plates were changed, but the bottom plates were not (these were also designed, which is how people knew they were at one point Zelda 3DS units). Overall, I wouldn't chance it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think im gonna put my Pikachu back in its box and grab me a Yoshi 3DS XL. I wouldnt risk this refurb. Reviews are horrible on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly, the top plates were changed, but the bottom plates were not (these were also designed, which is how people knew they were at one point Zelda 3DS XLs). Overall, I wouldn't chance it.
Yeah I think you're correct; that being said, does GS just run the S/N and classify it accordingly or does an employee have to manually tag it as a LE unit?

I'm thinking some of these must have been resellers that couldn't unload them fast enough or little kids that didn't know what they had. I used mine because I couldn't resist it but I only used it at home lol then I got the Zelda one and put it away on display. I'm so glad I got mine because there was a guy that day that ran up begins me and bought the only other 2 the store had! This was at target so I got it in that sake they had at the time.

I wonder if I could buy it for $189 and flip it for more.

Bought one on release day, had it for about three months, and then sold it with 2 games for about $400. Could see this being a good flip for people.

Reminds me of a "Refurbished/Recharged" PSP that I had bought and had shipped from Gamestop a few months back that had a new face plate on it. The "Sony" and "PSP" logos nowhere to be found on the front. I thought it was a bootleg (at the time) and just returned it for a full refund. I had no idea they were allowed to do that.

Looks like they're gone. For $190 & change I would have bit. Then just returned it if it looked too much like crap (not appossed to a scratched everywhere limited edition I can no longer find for a decent price tbh. Had a gold Pokemon center pikachu GBA I picked up at NYC when I was a kid. You can bet what that thing looks like today lol).

bread's done
Back