Nintendo account and eshop info!

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I have never been so confused with a company as I am with Nintendo and their product. What I would like to do is compile a guide with questions and accurate answers to help not only myself but anybody else who is confused!

A couple of questions!

I own about 8 Nintendo 3DS XL systems. My red xl system is my everyday system. I have all my games on this system. I also have some eshop balance funds. Will my eshop balance show up on my other 3ds systems if I link them to my Nintendo account? Or are the funds associated with my red xl since I entered the ecard code onto that system?

Answer: you have too many 3DS's.

But seriously, you can only link one 3DS and one Wii/U to each Nintendo ID. 

I tried registering my son's 3DS to his own Club Nintendo name which was a slave under my master account, and it wouldn't even let me do that.  I had to create an entirely new Nintendo ID for him (complete with separate Club Nintendo, defeating the purpose of the whole family system) in order to get it to link properly.

Grain of salt, though, as I was getting it set up for him around the time that Nintendo kept flicking the lightswitch on and off to their eShop/club after Christmas.

Good to know.  Guess they stopped allowing that after the Nintendo ID system began?  I have 2 3DS, 2 DS Lites and 3 Wiis (how did I do that?!) registered.

Good to know. Guess they stopped allowing that after the Nintendo ID system began? I have 2 3DS, 2 DS Lites and 3 Wiis (how did I do that?!) registered.
Yeah. This is the information I'm trying to compile so it's laid out in an easy to understand format.

I think registering a system to your nintendo account is different than having those systems linked to your nintendo account. I have 8 3ds, 5 are opened and are registered to my nintendo account. I got coins for registering them. But I believe only my red 3ds xl is linked as the main system on my account. It's all so confusing...

bread's done
Back