Nintendo allowing Wii Demo Downloading? Is Super Mario Galaxy demo the surprise?

[quote name='ahmedmalik']http://www.cynamite.de/wii/news/mor...d/80739/enthuellt_wii_demos_als_download.html

I have no idea what that says but from some people who've translated it, apparently Nintendo will allow users to download Wii demos. You can download the demos to either the 512MB Flash Drive, a SD Card, or a USB Hard Drive.

Someone want to confirm whatever the article says?[/QUOTE]

It basically says that, and that Nintendo hasn't announced what the first demo will be yet.

Swank.

[quote name='mofo1115']nice i can finally put those sd cards to use[/QUOTE]

Should be backing up your gamesaves every now and then. You never ever EVER know when something may happen to your Wii! Do you have Zelda? You don't wanna be 35+ hours into the game...and something happens with your Wii ;)

Just a friendly reminder.. tis all

babelfish says:

Revealed: Wii demos as Download

Wii owner with InterNet connection will be able themselves to download demo versions of Wii plays.

The assumption gave it already longer, now is official it: Apart from Virtual CONSOLE plays Wii fans with InterNet entrance will be able to download also demo versions of Wii titles. One can store the demos then either in 512 MT the large Flashspeicher of the console or on a separately available SD map. Which demos make the beginning, Nintendo wants shortly admits to give.
The OP describes it a little better than this.

I added to the topic if only to increase the amount of speculation among Wii users. If Nintendo is going to start offering downloadable demos, then what better game to offer gamers as a demo than Super Mario Galaxy? I mean both Reggie and Perry Kaplan have hinted at this by telling us we've got a gift coming before the end of the year. Maybe that could pertain to this?

I hope they do demos that would fucking rule. I am thinking more Metroid Prime 3 ish for the first demo because that is coming out in early 2007.

Exciting if true.

As for the SD card usage, I've done a lot of playing around with it. As well as backing up my VC game...I'd say 'games' but I've only bought one so far.

[quote name='gizmogc']WTF. Change the title you tool. Don't make assumptions just so people will look at this thread.[/QUOTE]

ty.

This is good to see. Will make future purchases MUCH easier, especially after seeing how varied reviews are likely to be for Wii games.

Do they plan on fitting Demos onto the 512mb of internal storage? The SD slot doesn't look promising, all I can do with it so far is back my saves up (nothing useful). Would the Wii even be able to play a demo/game directly from the SD card?

Or are they going the DS route: Loaded into RAM, gone when you turn it off?

if they enable the usb ports for storage then you could use anything from a few gigs on a flash drive to a harddrive of any size. You can get a cheap usb encasement and buy any laptop or tower sized HD and make your own affordable external fairly easily.

i don't see anything about Super Mario Galaxy in the thread...where is that coming from?

[quote name='onacouch']Do they plan on fitting Demos onto the 512mb of internal storage? The SD slot doesn't look promising, all I can do with it so far is back my saves up (nothing useful). Would the Wii even be able to play a demo/game directly from the SD card?

Or are they going the DS route: Loaded into RAM, gone when you turn it off?[/quote]
Wii demos wont be nearly as big as 360 demos, so you should be able to fit one or two on the flash memory if not a lot is used up.
As for the SD slot, it's possible they will allow it to be used for more stuff in the future with a firmware update.

Wii-Spielen... this means Wii Play will have a demo, right?

(from google's rough translation)

Revealed: Wii demo as Download
Wii owners with Internet connection will be able themselves to download demo versions of Wii plays.

The assumption gave it already longer, now is official it: Apart from Virtual CONSOLE plays Wii fans with Internet entrance will be able to download also demo versions of Wii titles. One can store the demos then either in 512 MT the large Flashspeicher of the console or on a separately available SD-map. Which demos make the beginning, Nintendo wants shortly admits to give.

Seems like they should go ahead and announce that external HDs are go before they start offering Wii demos.

[quote name='Tybee']Seems like they should go ahead and announce that external HDs are go before they start offering Wii demos.[/quote]
Apparently if you take out the SD Card and connect a USB Hard Drive, the Wii sees the HD as a SD Card.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Apparently if you take out the SD Card and connect a USB Hard Drive, the Wii sees the HD as a SD Card.[/quote]How would that work? They're on different interfaces.

I saw it on Digg but I can't find the link anymore. Basically it said if you take out the SD Card, format the HD to a FAT32 format and then connect it to the Wii, it would read the HD as a DS Card. That's what it said and I have no idea how true it is to be honest.

[quote name='botticus']How would that work? They're on different interfaces.[/quote]

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Thank you. I have been debunked. :)[/QUOTE]
This is one idea they should definitely copy from MS. Demos are useful for avoiding bad games. If they have a demo for GT Pro Series the game would sell like 3 copies.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Apparently if you take out the SD Card and connect a USB Hard Drive, the Wii sees the HD as a SD Card.[/QUOTE]

The point is, everyone knows it's just a matter of time until they

A) Support external HDs via USB

and

B) Support keyboards via USB (has anyone actually tried plugging a keyboard in yet just to see what happens?)

I wish they would just go ahead and do it. I suspect the only reason they haven't is that they're planning a proprietary HD and keyboard...But they haven't forced the use of proprietary storage to this point (going with SD cards), so maybe they won't.

[quote name='Tybee']B) Support keyboards via USB (has anyone actually tried plugging a keyboard in yet just to see what happens?)[/quote]

Better yet, they should support Bluetooth keyboards. I also hope future racing games support the Logitech USB steering wheels.

[quote name='Tybee']The point is, everyone knows it's just a matter of time until they

A) Support external HDs via USB

and

B) Support keyboards via USB (has anyone actually tried plugging a keyboard in yet just to see what happens?)
[/QUOTE]

B) Nothing. The ports aren't active.

[quote name='jasongst']Better yet, they should support Bluetooth keyboards. I also hope future racing games support the Logitech USB steering wheels.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse support would be a terrific addon.

Yeah support for a USB Harddrive would be pretty cool or even Flash Drives. THe demo thing can be cool. I do think that VC prices should be lowered and not determaned based on console.

bread's done
Back