Nintendo and Gamecrazy Training vids

drduranduran

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Here are a couple of vids from "The Spoony One". I never saw them posted here (I did search, FYI) and they are hella funny. Spoony is well known for his knowledge of gaming and his infamous Final Fantasy VIII review.

Nintendo Tech Support Training: http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/05/13/tse-riff-theater-nintendo-training-video/

and the best one by far....

Gamecrazy Training (no wonder they went under....):

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/03/18/tse-riff-theater-gamecrazy-training-video/

enjoy !

DDD-

The Game Crazy one is super old.. 2005/2006ish. They've made a new one for both GC and HWV, and I was able to get both when my store closed. They're equally funny.

And yes, the videos were hilariously bad. They were a constant source of humor. I wish someone would post the older Hollywood Video one. They have a group of guys that parody jackass in a "thinks you shouldn't do" section.. one of the things not to do was janitor jousting.. one person sat on the janitor's bucket and another pushed and crashed into someone else on another bucket.. we totally did this towards the end of the store's life.

The training video was hilarious enough without some guy doing terrible voiceovers and pointing out how bad the videos are, just in case we didn't already know.

I should rip the new ones (late 2009ish, the last ones released) and put them on Youtube.

[quote name='Scorch']The Game Crazy one is super old.. 2005/2006ish. They've made a new one for both GC and HWV, and I was able to get both when my store closed. They're equally funny.

And yes, the videos were hilariously bad. They were a constant source of humor. I wish someone would post the older Hollywood Video one. They have a group of guys that parody jackass in a "thinks you shouldn't do" section.. one of the things not to do was janitor jousting.. one person sat on the janitor's bucket and another pushed and crashed into someone else on another bucket.. we totally did this towards the end of the store's life.

The training video was hilarious enough without some guy doing terrible voiceovers and pointing out how bad the videos are, just in case we didn't already know.

I should rip the new ones (late 2009ish, the last ones released) and put them on Youtube.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I saw! They were trying to parody Jackass the whole time. It was bad, but not NEARLY as bad as that GameCrazy one. I almost got to work there, but the manager that hired me left shortly after. New manager never put me on schedule. Looks like it was for the best though lol

[quote name='Scorch']I should rip the new ones (late 2009ish, the last ones released) and put them on Youtube.[/QUOTE]

If you do, let me know. I would love to check it out. I am also betting that Spoony would jump all over it since the Gamecrazy training vid went over very well on his site.

DDD-

crazy. Thanks. In any case, just about every training video I've ever seen has had some hoky lingo in it. I wonder who writes that crap.

[quote name='drduranduran']If you do, let me know. I would love to check it out. I am also betting that Spoony would jump all over it since the Gamecrazy training vid went over very well on his site.

DDD-[/QUOTE]

They're not nearly as bad as the old ones. The newer Hollywood ones are hilarious, though, with some bad actor portraying characters from a movie.

I'd also recommend checking out Spoony's latest Riff theater, Wendy's Training Videos, musical videos made in the early 1990s:
Hot Drinks, really get you going...

And there was that one riff he did with 8-bit Mickey, on the tips video that came with WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game:
Part 1
Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back