Nintendo developing for the iPhone?

fluffy69

CAG Veteran
I just read an article on an austrian website stating that nintendo will be developing games for the Apple iPhone. They says those games will cost 29€. However they dont write what type of games that would be. At first i thought they must be wrong but now the article is still up for two days. This website belongs to a fairly big austrian gameing magazin with its own tv show, so this article has some weight.
nevertheless i dont trust it. i mean developing for a handset device like the iphone would mean putting some marketshare of the ds in danger.

http://www.consol.at/content/view/8804/62/

has anyone heard something to confirm or deny this?

site is down. but i think cell phones and handheld systems are complete different markets right now. one day it could be different. so i could see nintendo putting mario on there. konami has castlevania and capcom has megaman.

[quote name='the3rdkey']site is down. but i think cell phones and handheld systems are complete different markets right now. one day it could be different. so i could see nintendo putting mario on there. konami has castlevania and capcom has megaman.

[quote name='Puffa469']Yeah but Nintendo isnt exactly known for putting out software on anything but their own hardware. The last time I remember them doing so was those Zelda & Mario CDI games, and look how well those turned out.[/QUOTE]
Well, they didn't develop or publish those, and were basically legally forced to watch in horror as they were released by Philips, who was able to make them due to a contractual clause.

Would be cool if true. But it's not true, and I also don't see Nintendo EVER competing against themselves in the hand-held market.

However, this does open up my interest in videogaming on the iPhone. Blizzard has backed the mac... Starcraft 2 with a multi-touch screen in a handheld version... the very thought make me drool.

Also, EA and id have both just announced huge support for the mac platform.

bread's done
Back