Nintendo DS Deals?

CrushEm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've been shopping around to get a Nintendo DS to occupy my time on business trips after getting addicted to my niece's on a recent visit! ;) Does it really matter where you buy it? I read about Nintendo DS bundle's with games but never really seen any at like Ebgames or Futureshop or even online at like Amazon. Any suggestions? :) Thanks

PS Any game suggestions to start off with as well?

Eh. I would suggest Future Shop or BB just due to the fact that you can get a warranty. Eb warranty system is now crap if your system breaks you get a refurbished one and you have to rebuy a warranty on that "new" system.

FS Bb you keep your current warranty and just get a new DS.

Is a warranty really worth it, though? Especially on a DS?

Unless you do what my nephew did (screwdriver as stylus), they're pretty sturdy little machines (and his still works, it's just got a big gouge in the touchscreen)

If you like to do Sudokou puzzles I would get Brain Age 1 or 2. New Super Mario Bros. is also a good choice.

Those keep me occupied when I travel on the bus.

Phoenix Wright games are good but once you solve the cases the first time there is not much incentive to go back.

Here's a gentle reminder that this is a hot deals forum, not a discussion forum. Post questions in the question thread. TAX FREE at stupid store is the best place to get one right now.

Club House Games gets a lot of play on my DS during trips ect because of the pick up and play nature of it. Also usful to learn how to play card/board games you've never played before. You can also set the ai hard level when you get good. It's a Wifi game.
Brain Age 2 has sudoku and Dr Mario included in it.
Puzzle Quest very addictive...
Phoenix Wright games are a must buy

Like Gamer602 said try to buy one at Real Canadian Super Store no tax sale this weekend will save you the most cash.

if you're looking for an excellent brand of screen protectors go with hori products

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7-49-en-70-196x.html

if you're paranoid like me you can get the "cover everything" one which covers the outside shell, the buttons inside and both screens

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7-49-en-70-1jbm.html

For games, most of the ones I enjoy have already been mentioned, only ones left would be

Advance Wars: Dual Strike (by far the best strategy rpg to grace the ds so far, and its sequel)
Brain Age 1+2 and Big Brain academy (all 3 can be grabbed for $20 each, but i'm sure you can get there cheaper)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow or Portrait of Ruin (if you enjoyed metroid you'll love this)
Dragonquest heroes rocket slime (quirky platformer where you play as a slime, lasted me a good 22 hrs)
Elite Beat Agents (DDR+stylus = WIN)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (self explanatory, direct followup to windwakero on the gc))
Pokemon Diamond or Pearl (if you're a pokemon fan)
Tetris DS (currently playing, its fun to play in short bursts)

[quote name='CrushEm']
PS Any game suggestions to start off with as well?[/quote]

I grabbed one last weekend. Grabbed Brain Age 2 and Professor Layton with it. Two great games for testing your mind :)

YES A WARRANTY IS WORTH IT ON A DS!

my ds screen for no reason wouldn't hold up.

The ds lite one. I didnt drop it or anything like that.

Just stopped working one day. which is a complete pain while doing anything. Luckily I had a warranty so I got a different one.

Warranty on any system is usually a safe bet. Its like 20 bucks and a long warranty means you don't have to buy another for a really long time.

Different strokes, I guess. The only system I've ever had die on me is (guess! First two guesses don't count, but it begins with an X and ends with a 360).

If I bought warranties for them all, I'd be out a lot more money than I am today, and my Xbox failure wasn't an RROD, so it set me back $110. I blame Microsoft for that one, since I'd planned on buying the extended warranty before my first-year warranty was up, knowing the reliability issues.. then they go and offer the RROD protection and I figure "well what's the use?"

If I paid $20 a system, warranties to date would have cost me at least $260 (and you know warranties on pricier systems cost more)... so I figure I'm up $150 since the Genesis.

Video game hardware is probably finickier than most, but I still agree with the general wisdom that it's not worth it to buy a retailer's warranty unless the hardware you're buying is renowned for failure. I might have considered it, for example, for the first-gen PSX.

bread's done
Back