Nintendo DS for 99.00 at ecost (after rebate)

E-cost is the devil...I have made at least 10 purchases from those bastards, and I have never, ever received anything from them as far as a rebate goes. So, if you don't mind paying regular price, go ahead and order, but don't order expecting to receive the rebate.

You should never trust the phrase mail in rebate !
you can also say shipping is 1.99 or fedex overnight 9.99
and that you buy 4 games and the 5th one is free !

I pulled the trigger.

A quick search on fatwallet got me this result:

Either you get your rebate fast, or you go through hell to get it.

I'll chance it, I'll just make sure to document, etc very carefully.

Dude, Ecost is fucked up. Dont shop there.. you will never get your DS and it'll be a pain in the ass to get your money back, if you ever get it.

Ecost is OK

Their return policy is a PITA and their customer service sucks the big one.

But their products are generally OK

Pesonally I did manage a return on a refurbed Denon DVD-910 just fine last year...I had to call Denon and get an official authorization to return it. Read the return policy fine print before buying.

And it wasn't even really broken - it's a compatibility problem between some displays and the DVD-910 that Denon didn't know why it happens.

I'm not too worried here - it's a new Nintendo product, easily returnable/repairable by Nintendo.

The reliability of the rebates is debateable on fatwallet. Either good or bad. Admittedly the rebate might be a bit chancy but it seems from FW that ecost rebates to Ecost might be OK...

From the Fatwallet ecost/DS thread:
Keep in mind that eCost has both manufacturer's rebates and their own rebates. I've found their own rebates, like this one, usually come pretty quickly, with an actual check in an envelope. They also don't require any UPC or documentation - just the order number.

A lot of the manufacturer's rebate that eCost offers are pretty bad though - the PC USA ones come to mind.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Dude, Ecost is fucked up. Dont shop there.. you will never get your DS and it'll be a pain in the ass to get your money back, if you ever get it.[/QUOTE]

For $100, it's a better value then the Mario 64 bundle... if you end up buying Mario 64 or another DS game, you still end up saving $20.

I bought the 12-month Crimson Skies Xbox Live Starter Kit for for $40 back in March and had no problems at all. The item was backordered for a week but then I promptly got the shipment.

But I haven't dealt with returns or rebates before so may they are a POS online retailer like other CAGs have mentioned. In my one dealing with them, they were cool and I got the starter kit for a good price... but they keep spamming my email account. I requested to be taken off their email newsletter but I still get like 2 or 3 a week!

broke bought a refub xbox from eCost...it came pretty quick, but I'm pretty sure he got stuck with a Thompson drive, but I don't think eCost can be blamed for that.

I'm lookin' to buy a DS, any chance that there's gonna be MSRP price drop anytime soon?

$99 AR seems tempting.

bread's done
Back