Nintendo DS Game Gift Suggestions for the Significant Other

foltzie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Howdy CAGers,

Looking for a couple of suggestions for a Christmas gift for my significant other. She is a big DS fan, but for the moment I'm at a loss.

She is a big fan of the original The Sims on the PC, and has The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Castaways, and Animal Crossing for the DS. She has completely exhausted the two Sims games and has started to get bored with AC.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding anything similar to those games and Amazon suggests things like Mario, Nintendogs, and Pokemon, which while fun, aren't similar.

Yeah, I would suggest Harvest Moon, or more specifically Harvest Moon Cute, where the main character is female.

Also, maybe the Lost in Blue series.

My other half owns and played all of the games you mentioned. She also enjoys Rhapsody, and all but owns my copies of Brain Age and Clubhouse Games. Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't, but don't be afraid to step outside of the same genre.

I second Harvest Moon as a game similar in many ways to Animal Crossing. (I have a sealed Harvest Moon for GBA for trade or sale. PM me if interested.)

Thirding (fourthing?) Harvest Moon here. If she doesn't mind games with any sort of fighting, Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon is excellent. The sequel just came out as well; have yet to start it, but it looks as good, if not better, than the first game.

I should note that she does enjoy many of the Nintendo stables, being a fan of Tetris, Zelda, Mario, and Clubhouse Games, but her request was for an AC replacement.

Harvest Moon is looking like the consensus here, so I'll take a gander.

what about mysims kingdom? I will say I haven't played it and the reviews aren't great but it had me intrigued a bit as me and my wife are animal crossing fans. Maybe somebody else here has played it and can offer a review?

Chrono Trigger.

I'm dead fuckin' serious. My wife LOVES the Sims and all the spinoffs, and she absolutely adores Chrono Trigger.

Others that she's liked:

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (she played through this one a couple of times)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Tales
Tetris DS
Zoo Keeper

The Harvest Moon games are good and I've been meaning to get my wife Clubhouse games, so that one should come recommended as well.

Good news everyone, after a chat last night she opened it up to include Mario or Princess Peach like games.

Meaning she is getting a copy of Kirby Superstar Ultra. I'll take a look at the others for more DS goodness. Chrono Trigger is an interesting option.

PICROSS.

My gf absolutely loved it. And she is also a diehard Animal Crossing fan. Plus, its also only $20. I realize its not similar, but it can do for a good stocking stuffer.

I can't get my copy of Club House Games out of my wife's DS. I've played it for about 20 minutes since I purchased it.

mine thoroughly enjoys the Brain Age games, many of the board game 4 packs (battleship, connect 4, sorry and trouble, *you will need 2 copies for multiplayer), mario, AC, HM, Dont forget the Game Boy Advance Library! LOTS of classics there~!

I got my DS for Xmas last year, and had to get her one for Valentine's day, because she had mine all the time! Mine is Crimson Red, Hers is Cobalt Blue!

I have some friends, two sets of married couples. Both sets of friends had to buy a second DS and a second copy of Puzzle Quest so they'd stop 'fighting' over it. Great game.

Picross seconded. It's REALLY fun. Also, my wife really liked the New York Times Crossword game - it's surprisingly addictive.

I think it's a little late for suggestions since this was for a Christmas gift...

Puzzle Quest probably would have been a good recommendation, though, I hadn't thought of that for some reason.

bread's done
Back