Nintendo DS Help. Need advice

Silverslug

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (89%)
Basically I cracked my hinge. I played the DS like that anyone and I ripped the ribbon. But I have not bought the top screen *yet*. I don't know if I should. Look at the other problems it has:
35ary87.jpg

(not the best picture)

First things first. The first white circle (bottom right hand corner) compare to the left, the Motherboard had a tiny piece chip off. -

[quote name='Silverslug']Basically I cracked my hinge. I played the DS like that anyone and I ripped the ribbon.[/quote]

Sounds painful.

The bottom right of your motherboard encircled by the Mario Kart Track should be fine. It's only the outer corner used to hold it in place.

If you were to buy a new LCD screen, it should fix your ribbon problem unless you messed up the actual motherboard socket that the ribbon attaches to. Saying you can't keep it in there makes me wonder about that. If the socket on the MB looks intact, you should be good with a new screen module.

You can get a new LCD replacement for $15 shipped from Dealextreme (NDS or NDS Lite, I can't tell what you have from the pic)

If you need a new outer shell, you can get one of those for about $5-$20 there as well.

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.nds%20lcd

For the top circle with the ribbon be careful.
The small black plastic piece that the ribbon goes into is actually a clamp.
If you don't see a flat black plastic piece cover but you can see the copper contacts then the clamp was broken off.
If its there then good it isnt broken yet.
If the clamp is down then you cannot put the ribbon back into it without opening it first.
If you keep forcing the ribbon in the ribbon with break sooner or later too.
To open the clamp use a small flathead screwdriver or even your finger nail.
It opens up from the bottom (opposite side from where the ribbon goes into).
The big metal piece with the thin black foam behind the clamp might get in your way, if anything you can actually just take the piece off.
BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL THOUGH.
Think of it as a little door, you can pop it open and its on a hinge.
Its very very fragile and if you break the clamp off your motherboard is screwed.
When you open up the clamp you can then insert the ribbon in it and then close the clamp again.

But this is assuming you havent already broke the the clamp like Kerig suggested.
I can't tell because your picture Sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back