Nintendo DS Lite $109.99 After $30 Mail-In Rebate at FYE B&M

emperorx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.fye.com/moduleimages/138/nintendoDS_600x2.jpg

Valid until 7-4-07.

Offer is not valid online.

I received this offer in an email from FYE.
My experiences with FYE's game rebates have went well, so I would think FYE would have no problem redeeming this rebate.
If anyone gets a DS Lite from this deal or just in general, make sure to check for crooked screens.
The touchscreen on my first white DS Lite was very crooked, so Nintendo replaced it, but now the replacement DS Lite has a less-noticeably-crooked top screen.
My friend's Onyx DS Lite has a crooked top screen also, but it is not as bad as the replacement I got from Nintendo.
He doesn't care about it though because he is someone who lets his cat play his DS.

Why is it $109.99 after a $30 rebate when the retail price is for a DS Lite is only $129.99? I mean, you're still getting a discount in the end, which is good, but it sucks that they're selling it more than the MSRP in the first place.

Crooked screen? I got two DSs, never notice the problem... thanks OP, i might bite for a third DS (pink for my daughter, even though she's a bit young for it). However, the missing $10 is a bit mind boggling... Hey, you gotta pay taxes too you know...

pass, mail in rebates are evil!

Not that I'm lazy or anything, but figure in added taxdue to paying 139.99, gas, stamp, and the chance that it gets lost in the mail or they never send it.

i would have done this if i didn't just purchase a ds lite a couple weeks ago.

i've sent in tons of rebates in my life.. gotten every single one. just keep copies of everything.

a stamp costs 41 cents.. that's no excuse. the added tax would be upwards of 70 cents if your sales tax is 7%. that's hardly an excuse either. gas money is no excuse for me since i ride a honda scooter around town for errands.. 40mph, gets 100+ mpg :)

[quote name='iamthekiller']i would have done this if i didn't just purchase a ds lite a couple weeks ago.

i've sent in tons of rebates in my life.. gotten every single one. just keep copies of everything.

a stamp costs 41 cents.. that's no excuse. the added tax would be upwards of 70 cents if your sales tax is 7%. that's hardly an excuse either. gas money is no excuse for me since i ride a honda scooter around town for errands.. 40mph, gets 100+ mpg :)[/quote]

lol, hey it's cheap I guess.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']The tax would be over $7 not 70 cents.[/QUOTE]

he said the added tax due to it being $10 more than normal price. the added tax on $10 is 70 cents if 7% tax

[quote name='Valkryst']Oh yeah, forgot to add: you also arn't earning interest inthat $10 for 1+ month. =P[/QUOTE]

true.. that really adds up! interest on $10 at 5% = $0.04/month ;)

[quote name='Valkryst']Oh yeah, forgot to add: you also arn't earning interest inthat $10 for 1+ month. =P[/quote]

Hmm? What exactly do you mean?

And if I were to walk in and buy a DS, how would I get the rebate form? Would they just hand me one when I bought it?

[quote name='Nazgul11']Hmm? What exactly do you mean?

And if I were to walk in and buy a DS, how would I get the rebate form? Would they just hand me one when I bought it?[/QUOTE]

i think he means that instead of spending the extra $10 since the ds lite is $140, he'd put it into a savings account and earn 4 cents/month :lol:

fye rebate receipts always print out with the actual receipt. in the odd case it doesn't, ask them for a rebate form.

Wandering through an FYE I also noticed that you can grab a new slim PS2 for $99.99 after mail-in rebate. I didn't check to see if this was posted anywhere else, but if it is...oh well.

I saw this at the store in Battle Creek, Michigan but an guessing that you can find the same deal almost everywhere else.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Why is it $109.99 after a $30 rebate when the retail price is for a DS Lite is only $129.99? I mean, you're still getting a discount in the end, which is good, but it sucks that they're selling it more than the MSRP in the first place.[/quote]

Welcome to FYE.

Honestly though, I've never seen a DS or any other console at any FYE, and their games are usually at MSRP (but I've never seen any over it) even years after their release. But on the other hand, I've gotten some good deals on some DVDs from there, and some games as well (.hack//Quarantine brand new for $8 for the win).

bread's done
Back