Nintendo DS lite color Polar White Discontinued?

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I decided maybe it was time to actually upgrade and buy a DS lite, especially after being spoiled with it for the past couple of days. Never realized how big the original was, and how crappy the light is with it.

Thing is, I wanted a white DS lite and NO-ONE is selling it. It is really strange, because they have every single kind of color except the one commonly advertised. Anyone have a clue on what the hell happened? :lol:

I did send NOA a email, so I guess we'll see their response soon enough...

There's this big holiday, happens every year, can't for the life of me think of what its called. ;)

My niece just bought one a month ago or so, I'd imagine that they're still being made.

Yeah, yeah, I figure it is sold out. But then when you go online to any number of retailers, it shows the item but "sold out". Not have it completely de-listed.

As for the holiday, damnit, should've figured Kwanazza would have fucked things up. :p

They sell out every Christmas. Kotaku recently posted an article that Gamestop is going to take DS reservations...not Wii mind you, but D..S...reservations. Regardless, you may want to check it out.

I'm sure it's just sold out-most stores I went to the week before Christmas had their DS consoles pretty much cleaned out.

It seems I was on to something afterall!

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Hello,

[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Although Nintendo is no longer shipping the Polar White DS Lite to retailers, we are still shipping the Polar White w/ Pink Ribbon DS Lite to stores in North America. If you need help finding stores that this particular DS, please check out the "Where To Buy" section of Nintendo's website at the following web page:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/retail/index.jsp[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Select the appropriate category, and you'll find information on Retail Locations (U.S. only) and Online Retailers (U.S. and Canada) that carry Nintendo products. I wish you the best of luck in your search.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Sincerely,

[/FONT]

Dervin Camden
Nintendo of America Inc.

That comes as a big surprise to me. With all the many colors of the DS Lite these days, I didn't realize the white color was discontinued. I'm sure you could still find it online; it'll just require a little more work than it should be.

Back before I bought my pink DS Lite, I had a white one, and I wish I had never gone for the silly system color change. One great thing about the white DS Lite (or black one, I'm sure) is the ability to skin it easily, if you like skins. (Decalgirl has such high-quality skins!) With a solid, standard color like white or black, any skin will go. I just prefer the white one for a cleaner look, over some other colors which show fingerprints too well, in my opinion.

Have you bought a new DS Lite yet, or are you going to hunt down a white one?

Wow, I stand corrected. I usually put skins on mine, so it's of no consequence to me personally, but I am a little shocked by this.

I haven't bought one yet, I been playing with my big "phat" blue DS for the longest time. But, the other day, I was playing my friend's DS lite and my god, there is a HUGE difference in screen quality. I just couldn't go back to the old one, no matter how long I tried to adjust to it. I figure the DS has another two years on it before the new one hits so a DS lite is by no means a bad investment. Besides, I own 42 games for it and there is so much more for me to play. Not to mention the amount of RPGs hitting it now means I'll be playing it moreso than anything else out there. Never thought I would say that about a portable but hey!

I just really wanted the white one, as you put it, you can put skin decals on it and it matches 99% of the time. Not to mention it just looks "right" next to my Wii.

I guess I'll try to find a white one if I can but if I can't, I'll just settle for black or pink. Either one works. :D

The DSI is said to come out next year.

The Mario Special Edition DS looks really nice, but that's just my opinion.

I'm surprised by that news to.

I suppose it's mostly to prepare for the DSi launch. I wonder if it's coming to the US in black and white. If so, are the black DS lites still being shipped to stores?

Actually, I've noticed this at pretty much every retailer I've checked in the last couple of months. I bought my white DS in August, but I didn't really see them after October. Luckily, my brother wanted a black one, so I didn't need to go out of my way to track one down.

I have a white DS Lite and am surprised it's not being shipped anymore. I always thought it was the best "color". At any rate, you might want to check Target as I have seen the white DS Lites there from time to time. Target, WalMart, or Circuit City are likely to still have some in stock (if they haven't sold out already due to the holidays).

If you can't find a white one, the silver model still looks nice.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']The DSI is said to come out next year.[/quote]

So far I haven't seen any real incentive to purchase a DSi. I haven't played a Gameboy Advance game in years, but I'm still fond of the Lite rumble pak I imported. And my Guitar Hero peripheral? ...

I just haven't seen much reason to get the DSi. But knowing Nintendo, they'll make me want it.

The only thing I find that's nice about the DSI is the Cameras, and possibly the SD card slot. The SD card slot will most likely be used for homebrew. So... The DSI is becoming the PSP. Nice.

I think Nintendo needs to pump out more quality games instead of systems.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']The only thing I find that's nice about the DSI is the Cameras, and possibly the SD card slot. The SD card slot will most likely be used for homebrew. So... The DSI is becoming the PSP. Nice.

I think Nintendo needs to pump out more quality games instead of systems.[/quote]

*ahem r4 cough*

Yeah, I think I'll just settle for the black DS lite. I think I'll pick it up in February, I still have to buy some books for my classes (although Amazon is keeping that pretty damn cheap).

Halo05 hit it on the head, I think... if they are discontinuing the Polar White, it's likely to pre-emptively get ready for the launch of the DSi. It may seem early, but my guess is that if the DSi launches here in white, Nintendo doesn't want ANYTHING the same color still on the shelf to create confusion... so, by doing this now, it's a guarantee that all Polar White DS will be completely off shelves by the DSi launch.

I do have to wonder, though, whether this means the black will disappear soon, too. That probably all depends on whether we're getting the black DSi, I guess.

[quote name='007']Halo05 hit it on the head, I think... if they are discontinuing the Polar White, it's likely to pre-emptively get ready for the launch of the DSi. It may seem early, but my guess is that if the DSi launches here in white, Nintendo doesn't want ANYTHING the same color still on the shelf to create confusion... so, by doing this now, it's a guarantee that all Polar White DS will be completely off shelves by the DSi launch.

I do have to wonder, though, whether this means the black will disappear soon, too. That probably all depends on whether we're getting the black DSi, I guess.[/quote]

The black is still prominently featured. That along with the pink, silver, crimson and black, and cobalt and black.

I have a feeling Nintendo will launch the DSi in one color: White

That's fine by me since that's my preferred "color" to begin with.

bread's done
Back