Nintendo DS Price Drop 8/21: NOW WITH TRU BUNDLES - Cheaper Online!

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
The Nintendo DS will be $129.99 just in time for Nintendogs. I believe the drop occurs 8/21, but it might be sooner. More info soon.

Update - TRU is sending out a flyer for it. It's advertised $129.99, but will be $129.95. The ad is basically for Nintendogs and includes a $10 off $50 NINTENDO purchase coupon(should work on the hardware, so you could get it for $119.95 - last years worked on hardware and I don't think it says excludes hardware). The flyer is only going out to R-zone best guests, though, and should arrive at homes next week. The coupon SKN is 913747.

Update 2 - I figured I might as well post this here, too, since it's more Nintendo news. There are two new items listed in the TRU computer. There is a "GC Ltd Ed PK XD Bundle" listed. The Bundle is priced at $99.99 with no date yet, but at least it looks like Nintendo is going to be trying this Christmas. Also, a GBA SP Sponge Bob system is listed.

Update 3 - The price drop is actually occuring this week. Probably Wednesday or Thursday. It is universal, also. Second, if you do get the $10 off coupon from TRU in the mail it WILL work on the system, so you can get it for $119.95 making it an even better deal. Also, TRU is going to do a special bundle deal for the drop that might make it even better(probably with the Pro Gamers Kit and something else).

Update 4 - Alright this should be the last update for this deal. Here is the bundle TRU is doing for the drop. On Sunday you can get a DS + Spiderman + the Starter Kit (normally $15 and includes headphones, car charger, and screen protector) for only $150 (normally $175). On Tuesday for Nintendogs its the same deal except substitute any Nintendogs game for Spiderman. Hopefully somewhere else has an even better deal, but for now that might be the best. Normally the DS + Nintendogs would cost $160, so you save $10 off the bat plus you get the Starter Kit free basically and if you have the $10 off coupon it would only be $140 making it that much better.

Bundle is only $130 online:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006VHV8C/

And thanks to everyone in this thread. I honestly think CAG did make Nintendo announce it earlier as usually the drops have been announced by Nintendo around a day before. Thanks and I'm sure to have even more news first for you guys.

I ordered the Spider-Man bundle online and I was pleasantly surprised when my DS arrived and it was the Metroid Prime demo version. I got a little more for my money than I had planned.

I then took the unopened Spider-man game and exchanged it at Wal-mart for Advance Wars.

Does anyone know of any store chain that stocks the Intec Pro Gamer's Kit, other than TRU? It just seems too suspicious to try to get store credit for it there.

I successfully took back the starter kit I got with the nintendogs bundle and I recieved $13.85 cash back. Making the amount I actually paid with tax $137.49. Not bad for a DS and nintendogs (and metroid prime hunters demo).

Thanks again tubtub, what a great post. Finally made me get a DS :)

I was able to snag one of the Walmart bundles with Mario 64 inside for $130, and of course picked up nintendogs with it as well ... $160 for 2 games and a handheld isn't bad considering

bread's done
Back