Nintendo DS publicity stunt?

pretty cool.. if DS ends up somehow having long rage wireless multiplayer games available (without a monthly fee) i will be very interested in picking one up!!

[quote name='David85']I'll just wait 3 years, by that time the DS 9 will be out and the GB 17.[/quote]

Will it use Wormholes somehow?

...bad joke I know but I couldnt pass that up.

No no it was good, I didn't even think of that. But sure why not Nintendo wants to try "new" things. :)

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='David85']I'll just wait 3 years, by that time the DS 9 will be out and the GB 17.[/quote]

Will it use Wormholes somehow?

...bad joke I know but I couldnt pass that up.[/quote]

Oh no...he deserved it.

In fifteen years, there have only been five different models of Game Boys, and that's being generous. How the hell is Nintendo going to make twelve different Game Boy models in three years?

Hell, even the most colossal failures in the gaming market last for longer than four months.

What a dumbass... :roll:

Oh no. Did Nintendo just prove to me that the purchase of a DS is justifyable? If my hunches are correct, yes. Now I need to find $150...

[quote name='Rig']I am now getting excited about the DS.[/quote]

Gee, and I thought it was because of your sig photo. :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']Interesting, sure, but I wouldn't get too excited about anything until I hear something official.[/quote]

True. After all, it is just a messageboard and it could be still rumors.

OK, well I started reading and then saw that there were 11 pages. I didn't read on. Is any sort of real consensus opinion drawn along the way?

From the original post, it looked like they were probably talking about the type of game where each unit has a GPS and you play a "real-life" pac-man type game with others. Read about it on cell phones recently.

But, you guys are all saying it seems to be free online play or something... someone sum up, thanks.

I want to think it's just a publicity stunt, but there's too many dropped hints for me to actually believe that. So yeah, very interesting.

I[m really hoping for a constant flow of information on the DS from here on out. If I go 2 or 3 days without hearing anything new, I'm probably going to explode.

i gotta say....

i actually dropped cash down for the DS already...

anyone who knows me... or my trade-in/exchanging habits knows i hold out till i can grab something with store credit....

but for the ds...

i'm cashing down for that puppy straight up...
pretty much the first thing i've done that for in a while...

even after playing the damn thing back in may... right after i saw the box for the system with metroid on it...

i couldnt resist...

god.... i want it in my pocket now!!

For more info, check out the messageboards at www.warppipe.com .
It seems that the Warp Pipe team went into hiding just before e3 and that they have most likely partnered with Nintendo to work on the DS. There's so many conspiracy theories floating right now. I've been on them all weekend long. This is going to change gaming. There was a reason that e3 was completely devoted to the DS for Nintendo... I guess we'll all see why on Oct. 7...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Trakan']Interesting, sure, but I wouldn't get too excited about anything until I hear something official.[/quote]

True. After all, it is just a messageboard and it could be still rumors.[/quote]
Very true. I remember when half of the Gamefaqs Halo 2 board thought the game was coming out August 24, but that was because of Ilovebees.com

..... I only read some of the thread so I dont know know if anyone noticed this... Purog = Group.

Also the thing I'm getting from it is that:
You have a DS, someone else has a DS, 300 feet away, you cant link with him to play games ....but if someone steps between you with a DS, instant 3 player game. if someone comes withtin 150 (or what ever the actual range is) feet of either of them, 4 player game...and so on and so forth untill you have a huge network of DS users much wider than the initial range.

Of course on the other hand I wonder how badly latancy would be an issue with all that data juming back and forth between DS' to serve to other people in the network.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Trakan']Interesting, sure, but I wouldn't get too excited about anything until I hear something official.[/quote]

True. After all, it is just a messageboard and it could be still rumors.[/quote]
Very true. I remember when half of the Gamefaqs Halo 2 board thought the game was coming out August 24, but that was because of Ilovebees.com[/quote]

What was the final result of all those payphone calls, etc from ILoveBees.com? The thread got so huge that I stopped following it.

[quote name='Alpha2']..... I only read some of the thread so I dont know know if anyone noticed this... Purog = Group.

Also the thing I'm getting from it is that:
You have a DS, someone else has a DS, 300 feet away, you cant link with him to play games ....but if someone steps between you with a DS, instant 3 player game. if someone comes withtin 150 (or what ever the actual range is) feet of either of them, 4 player game...and so on and so forth untill you have a huge network of DS users much wider than the initial range.

Of course on the other hand I wonder how badly latancy would be an issue with all that data juming back and forth between DS' to serve to other people in the network.[/quote]

I read further into the thread and they specifically mention that it's not 'group' scrambled but that could just be to throw you off the scent :roll:

[quote name='snipegod'][quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Trakan']Interesting, sure, but I wouldn't get too excited about anything until I hear something official.[/quote]

Very true. I remember when half of the Gamefaqs Halo 2 board thought the game was coming out August 24, but that was because of Ilovebees.com[/quote]

What was the final result of all those payphone calls, etc from ILoveBees.com? The thread got so huge that I stopped following it.[/quote]
Yay, I think all that happened was the phone calls.

bread's done
Back